ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Did K-TEC sports cat used to come with lifetime warranty?

Audi S3 & 172 Cup
My Clio 172 cup cut out under hard acceleration and some glowing red debris came shooting out of the exhaust, car turns over but refuses to start, I think the cat has disintegrated and blown back into the rear silencer. I bought the sports cat brand new from K-TEC two years ago and was convinced that it came with a lifetime warranty but when I look on their website now it says limited 6 month warranty for the 172 sports cat. Would anyone happen to know before I give them a call, would be good to know before calling that I wasn't imagining things and it did come with a lifetime warranty back then?

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
They replaced my mid section under warranty on my 182 ultra exhaust when my trophy was in a couple of months ago. They may have done it as a good will gesture as I was spending quite a bit gettting oil leaks/cam belt and bits and pieces done.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Can only see back in 2009 but didnt say anything then!

HTH

Screenshot_20190618-190607_Chrome.jpg

Audi S3 & 172 Cup
Cheers for the replies, gave K-Tec a phone today and they said it’s only a 6 month warranty on the sports cats, damn! I was convinced it was lifetime when I bought it but must have been mistaken ?

Took my rear silencer apart (Yozza race system so nice and easy), check out the pic, it’s choked full of the cat s**t. Good chance to repack the silencer whilst I’m at it, there’s practically nothing left of the original packing.

So for anyone interested I got 300 miles out of a brand new K-Tec sports cat, granted the majority were on track but would have thought it would have lasted longer than that?

Attachments

• B41437F8-8377-4904-A484-D3FEE19812DA.jpeg
    B41437F8-8377-4904-A484-D3FEE19812DA.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 194

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the replies, gave K-Tec a phone today and they said it’s only a 6 month warranty on the sports cats, damn! I was convinced it was lifetime when I bought it but must have been mistaken ?

Took my rear silencer apart (Yozza race system so nice and easy), check out the pic, it’s choked full of the cat s**t. Good chance to repack the silencer whilst I’m at it, there’s practically nothing left of the original packing.

So for anyone interested I got 300 miles out of a brand new K-Tec sports cat, granted the majority were on track but would have thought it would have lasted longer than that?
Pretty poor show that!

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
A few years back I wasn’t happy with my ktec sports cat. I asked to return after approx 4 months of use due to a couple of issues, but they refused.

They did send me a £50 gift voucher as a good will gesture though.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Don’t expect that to happen, is the car boosted? Not running rich?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Not a very good effort by the cat at 70 miles! I'll play devil's advocate and say the cat and 197 are not made by ktec themselves. Still I'm sure they could have made a good will gesture and as a recently returned trader on here they should probably have joined the thread.