ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-TEC Stage 1 Tuning Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Monaco Blue 172
I've just seen the K-TEC website and they are offering a stage 1 tuning package for about £250 including new panel filter, remap and rolling road run.

The fact that this includes a rolling road session seems good value and something I wanted to do anyway as not owned the car long.

Does anyone have experience of this exact package as I cannot see anything in the search function.

Thanks

BG 182
Have also seen this on the website its like 254 quid or something, seems like a bargain, would also like to know whether this is worth doing?

21 Turbo
Surely it's only a good deal if you end up with VFM

Judging by what Sir Dave has said there's more value in a massage with a happy ending

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
indeed, spend it on a arb, at least then u will notice a difference in how the car feels. in a good way. i speak from experience.

Seems like good value, just a shame its £200 more for the stage two pack with matched inlets and if I was going to spend that money I would go to JMS for their package.

172DD Cup
i'm planning on doing it in stages, get the matched inlets first. im not sure about the v6 airbox, but probably. then a decat, then a remap. all jms. already have a ktec recess.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
The Stage 1 Tuning package consistantly returns gains of 7-10 BHP on 172/182 models. Each map is custom to the vehicle and customers are more than welcome to attend our dyno whilst their car is being run. We are happy to supply graphs of results we have here on file, we have in fact had a car in today for this very product, a 182 which picked up 10 BHP.

Mapping relatively standard NA engines is never going to produce the type of gains you would expect from forced induction, however the peak numbers do not tell the full story of custom remaps. The overall drive of the vehicle is improved and in most cases the cruise and combined fuel economy also increases.

As further piece of mind we have introduced a 7 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are not happy with the results of your standard ECU remap, you can return the vehicle to us within a 7 day period and we will revert the car back to original and refund the cost of the map, no questions asked.

There is a lot of smoke and mirrors associated with vehicle mapping and ECU Chip Tuning, we make every effort to be very open about vehicle mapping and prepared this comprehensive guide, endorsed by some of the most experienced ECU manufacturers and engineering firms in the UK and overseas.

Download here

Whilst the main content covers Stand Alone ECU mapping, the basic principles are the same on OE ECU remapping. We have tried to put together a jargon free insight into the basics of mapping and give our customers and others an insight into this field of tuning.

Sean.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
The Stage 1 Tuning package consistantly returns gains of 7-10 BHP on 172/182 models. Each map is custom to the vehicle and customers are more than welcome to attend our dyno whilst their car is being run. We are happy to supply graphs of results we have here on file, we have in fact had a car in today for this very product, a 182 which picked up 10 BHP.

Graph please.

With before & after results done on an independent dyno, not yours after you've messed with the resistance ...

Forgive me if i'm a tad sceptical of your figures :)

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Here are two typical graphs from stage one tuning packages, in each case the customers had standard cars apart from 2.5" bore exhausts fitted prior to arriving with us.

182-Stage-1-001.jpg172-Stage-1-001.jpg

These graphs are representative of figures acheived regularly as a result of a Stage 1 Tuning Package.

Sean.

ITB'd MK1
Graph please.

With before & after results done on an independent dyno, not yours after you've messed with the resistance ...

Forgive me if i'm a tad sceptical of your figures :)

you know that load can't be changed in shootout mode thats used for power runs surely? no? back to school ;)

ITB'd MK1
I've seen it done. I've also been present in the past for testing of the old group n maps, and they do make next to no difference to figures, but then they have very few changes

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
The graphs above show a 5-6% gain, do you really think the standard car is that finely tuned that this sort of gain cannot be achieved from changing a couple of parts or even just a remap?

You could always fit a Scorpian 192 exhaust and gain 10bhp from that alone!

Last edited:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
you know that load can't be changed in shootout mode thats used for power runs surely? no? back to school ;)

Strangely enough, as a finance broker, i dont have an in-depth knowledge of rolling roads no, but i do know that whenever numbers are involved, they can always be massaged to show pretty much anything you want.

A degree in finance & statistical analysis taught me that ;)

These graphs are representative of figures acheived regularly as a result of a Stage 1 Tuning Package.

Sean.

To be fair, 10bhp from just a remap, on a 1*2, is fairly remarkable.

CLIO 182
The graphs above show a 5-6% gain, do you really think the standard car is that finely tuned that this sort of gain cannot be achieved from changing a couple of parts or even just a remap?

Not sure if this is sarcasm?

Typical professional response from K-tec....

Yes I do find it hard to believe as the standard filter provides very little restriction if new/clean. The benefit of a replacement/servicable panel filter is the fact it can be cleaned. The cat back section of the exhaust also provides very little restriction, so no gain to be had there. So really your saying your map alone makes those gains, which, yes, I do find hard to believe on these engines, especially without inlet manifold work, as this is where the main restrictions are.

I guess from your comment about the Scorpion 192 exhaust you are feeling a bit "if you cant beat them, join them"

Last edited:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
time to stop trying to come across as an experienced technical expert then really isn't it. maybe you can engineer that?

I cant remember the last time i claimed to be a technical expert to be honest.

Although i do have a tape measure, marker pen, drill bit & a tap die set under my desk, perhaps i could re-engineer my financial knowledge into something a bit more mechnical?

I'm sceptical, i ask questions, pleasingly Ktec answer them, professionally.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Typical professional response from K-tec....

Yes I do find it hard to believe as the standard filter provides very little restriction if new/clean. The benefit of a replacement/servicable panel filter is the fact it can be cleaned. The cat back section of the exhaust also provides very little restriction, so no gain to be had there. So really your saying your map alone makes those gains, which, yes, I do find hard to believe on these engines, especially without inlet manifold work, as this is where the main restrictions are.

I guess from your comment about the Scorpion 192 exhaust you are feeling a bit "if you cant beat them, join them"

^Kudos tehduck :)

time to stop trying to come across as an experienced technical expert then really isn't it. maybe you can engineer that?

Lol Dan :p

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
theduck,

I am sorry to see my sarcasm was lost on you. It appears we simply have no other proof here to show you what can be done with a custom map on our rolling road, so I will make you and Sir Dave an offer.

We have a fully independant rolling road a few miles from here. If you bring a standard Clio 172 or 182 down to us I will pay to have it power tested, then we will map it on our dyno and send you back to the other dyno to see what figures we have achieved. All this will be done at our time and cost, you just need to get the car here.

David.

rs 200
theduck,

I am sorry to see my sarcasm was lost on you. It appears we simply have no other proof here to show you what can be done with a custom map on our rolling road, so I will make you and Sir Dave an offer.

We have a fully independant rolling road a few miles from here. If you bring a standard Clio 172 or 182 down to us I will pay to have it power tested, then we will map it on our dyno and send you back to the other dyno to see what figures we have achieved. All this will be done at our time and cost, you just need to get the car here.

David.

I would take them up on this, it is unusual for a company to be willing to put there money where there mouth is.

21 Turbo
I'll bring mine down for use as a 'told ya so'. Do I get to keep the results ;)

Maybe you can fit this m/s stealth better the bodgers that had a go at it before I bought it.

Its completely std too

mondeo titanium tdci
theduck,

David.

Can't be bad shame you just had mine in last month I should of waited you got your new rolling road installed yet

Status
Not open for further replies.