ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec induction 172Cup

172cup
Video of the induction sound. Little louder inside the car as I have stripped the rear.

All filmed on private and abandonded roads.

Looks better in 720p/1080p

Last edited by a moderator:
  Monaco 172
Sounds really good that! i've been debating an induction kit for mine but i'm a bit thrown off at the panel vs induction debate, but this is swaying me towards induction i think!

172 cup
What exhaust you running? I want to get one but I dunno if I'll be able to hear it over my exhaust.

Not sure what exhaust the op has but I have a 2.5" unsilenced exhaust which is loud and can hear the ik over it. Really does sound awesome.

172cup
Sounds really good that! i've been debating an induction kit for mine but i'm a bit thrown off at the panel vs induction debate, but this is swaying me towards induction i think!

Thanks, My dad has a 172 that came with a viper cone filter, he changed it to standard but with a decent panel filter. But after hearing mine he now wants a k-tec kit :D

What exhaust you running? I want to get one but I dunno if I'll be able to hear it over my exhaust.

Im not sure, its a custom system that was on the car when I bought it. Im guessing it's essentially a k-tec stealth/BTB system.
Cat and centre silencer are still in place.

Heres the spec on the receipt for it.

Reflex Renault Cat Back Exhaust
Stealth tail pipe
Reflex Box
57mm tubing
Centre C/O Box

Was made my R-TEC.

Heres a photo of it.

y6equ8yv.jpg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I dont understand why mine sounds so much louder than others lol :/ Sounds good all the same though mate! :D

That sounds the nuts. How do these induction kits compare to the standard air box with like an ITG panel filter? Do these make more power / less power? Equivalent?
Also what's the price on one of these IK's?
:)