ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec exhausts for 1.2s

On their website they are missing pictures and refer to the exhausts in code, ive also lost my brochure so can someone list what they do for us 1.2 16v owners? I was hoping they do a twin 3 inch but apparently not.

Cheers,

-Rob

H22A7 Accord Type R

:Dyeah they do it!!!!!!!! Mine is awaiting delivery!!! :D next week hopefully..........3week wait

Damn i have a rival with the same name! How much did you pay for it (inc vat) and where you getting it fitted?

Cheers

-Rob

H22A7 Accord Type R

£220, delivered, including 10% Cliosport discount. My Mate is fitting it at his unit. I was told they should be in stock this week, so hope to take delivery soon!!! :D

ive actually got the 6x3 oval, which is also very loud, but then again, i have no centre section

they have toned it down, but it is still very loud, sounds good though

Bambam, whats the point in having a back box if you got no centre section??? Do you mean you have no silencer in the centre section?? Im a little puzzled!

yeah sorry was a little unclear with my comments

yeah i have a straight thru pipe instead of a centre silencer

The two Robs ....

Does this twin pipe fit around the standard bumber or have you put a new bumper on ?

Im feeling like I need a bit more power, got beaten to 60 by a friggin Citroen C3 today !

Yeah the height adjustment thing is good idea by k-tec, a nice snug fit will be yours! I doubt an exhaust will much improve your chances RIOT.

-Rb

H22A7 Accord Type R

bambam.........lol, just to annoy ya more......no centre silencer??? u mean no Cat? the Cat sits under the gearstick on mine, and the exhaust is straight through from the Cat to the Back box as standard........my standard system only has ONE box after the CAT....the back box...is ur standard system different, or does the K-tec come with a centre box after the CAT too? Rob

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 15 May 2003

Yeah the height adjustment thing is good idea by k-tec, a nice snug fit will be yours! I doubt an exhaust will much improve your chances RIOT.

-Rb
lol I know its just my excuse to justify buying a nice shiny exhaust and get the bonus of a nice xorst note :D

On another note my car registraition number is X8RST get it ?... ..X0RST ;)

No....?!?........ ah well it was just a bonus my initials are RST :)

R3OBC - basically from the cat back i only have one silencer (not very big either)

AFAIK you can get a centre silencer from k-tec (designed to dampen the noise from the k2 exhaust)

H22A7 Accord Type R

right! well, i guess the silencer will be the back box on my system..........oh......ill just need to see when it arrives! Rob

The thing that puts me off Powerflow is the difference in price and the difference in the quality of work between the different dealerships. Ive heard a lot of people complaining about how rude the staff are and how un-interested they seem. Its almost like they hate making custom exhausts because it takes them too long or something!

K-tec on the other and make some really sweet looking zorsts but Ive heard that theyre mega loud. I dont want something thats going to sound too nova-ish - if you know what I mean! Who here has a k-tec exhaust and are you pleased with it?

ive just got one one with the k2 exit and the larger center silencer, its ok but annoying on the motorway - way louder than i was expecting - took 3 fittings at my local garage too cos the center silencer kept rattling against the heat shield.