ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well fitting exhaust. 182.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Hi all,

I know there are tones and tones of 'What exhaust should I buy' threads. I have looked at most, trust me!

There is one aspect that I haven't been able to find many reviews on though. How well do they fit.

I have read the RS192 doesn't fit too well with the mounts, so have struck that off the list.

Other contenders are:

K-tec Ultra Performance
Milltek
KTR Centre line
Janspeed

My criteria is, £450 max. Not offensively loud, I'd rather a quiet one. Fit well, I have had far too many creaks etc from ill fitting exhausts in the past. Also I don't like 'raspy' sounds, I want it to be deep.

So.. What exhaust?

Clio 182 Track Car
Even once you have made your choice of exhaust, consider the exhaust mounts as worn out mounts will cause the best of exhaust systems to fit poorly.

I have a Janspeed system with a silenced de-cat and that produces under 90 DB with no raspy sounds, with a straight through de-cat it was raspy. Fitment is good, no knocks or rattles but i had to make custom solid mounts to make it near perfect.

M2 Comp
Speak to Charlie @ Pro Speed in Cardiff. His work is top quality and I'm sure he only charges £430ish for a 182 system. I had mine done there last year and couldn't be happier. I opted for 3.5" slash cut tips with what Charlie calls a 'mid-sport' tone. It isn't intrusive at all, but sounds awesome when you put your foot down!

I don't have any photos sadly, but it's the same as @SharkyUK's (hope you don't mind me using your photos Andy):

pro-speed01.jpg

pro-speed02.jpg