ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec 285mm 4 pot kit, opinions?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
anyone got the 285mm 4-Pot brake kit from k-tec? think its a highspec one? looking at getting it to finish off the car since ive got a 172 rear beam coming with a disk conversion, along with k-tec's uprated rear 172 disks.

i remember a guy had the kit on his black 1.2 with turinis?

any other kits on the market that are better/cheaper?

cheers
martin

172 cup'd extreme
k-tecs rear disks are utter gash, IMO i cant see 4 pots being any better than the set up already on yours with decent disks, pads and fluid

Turbos.
It was me who had the kit. Think i was the only one! I sold the kit to Fred afterwards, i think he still has it.

They are a huge amount better than the standard setup, providing a lot of confidence. Especially good with more people in the car.

Hi Spec certainly aren't the be all and end all but you can't knock the VFM. I actually thought this was my best modification, that is including the FKs which as you know are great. Basically if you bought the kit you wouldn't regret it.

I did a trackday at Brands and was lapping the same time as a Focus RS and my dad's Alfa GTV V6. Remember i only had 75bhp!

The only thing i'd do is swap the pads for something better, like Ferodo or Mintex.

Pictures082-1.jpg

20360273.jpg

Pictures.jpg

Lionel Richie
i was running £12 QH pads in them (they're volvo 240 pads that hispec use!)

they're good calipers, but massivley overkill