ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just test drove new clio 197

clio 182
hi haven't posted here before but i have a clio 182 in artic blue, had to have a 24k service done at the weekend, and as a relative works for renault he told me to have ago in the 197.

it was black, looked very nice from the back, alot like a v6

fancy key like a fat credit card, start/stop button on the dash, and by god is it quick, not like my 182 no toruqe (sp) steer and the brakes are awsome, which when i got out saw it has brembos so good ones.

seats are nice and it has a fancy red stiching into the steering wheel!!!

nice little touch i thought

so if i didnt just buy another dog i'd trade the 182 in and get myself a 197 with out doubt.

nudger

clio 182
had ago in one, and didnt really like it!!

im also in the process of buying another house so thats stopping me from getting another impreza! thats what i want as i sold my last one to help buy my first house..

miss it

but the 182 is a good laugh when i can get it back from the girlfreind

had ago in one, and didnt really like it!!

im also in the process of buying another house so thats stopping me from getting another impreza! thats what i want as i sold my last one to help buy my first house..

miss it

but the 182 is a good laugh when i can get it back from the girlfreind

lol: woman drivers; no surviors!

I'm more ways than one!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i saw 2 197's on the road yeserday and i must say, very impressed, look awesome, much more road presence than a 172/182........ look much much better than in the pics

not everyone wants a 225, i dont....

now if they just give it cup pace....... ;)

none, just walk
i went in the local renault yesterday and they had one in the clio cup blue, must say it looked stunning, had a little sit and the seats were spot on too, i would buy one tomorrow (if they were only 2k to buy haha) i dont care about the lack of speed at the end of the day, where can you drive it to its full limits apart from a track?, at the moment im liking cars for their looks not their 0 to 60 times.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
there was a red one parked next door yesterday, and i have to say, it made my 172 look pretty tame.

aggressive, yet subtle and some very nice touches.

there was a red one parked next door yesterday, and i have to say, it made my 172 look pretty tame.

aggressive, yet subtle and some very nice touches.

Yeh, Ive seen a couple on the road lately and it looks really good!

Not had a chance to drive one yet, still not sure id buy one! Only for the fact of what else you can buy with that sort of money!

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
There's a red one parked near us and it does look very wide stanced and mean from the back, i like it. not enough to buy one though

plus I'm skint

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
if they'd just give it the straight line edge over a 172/182, i'd have one

Last edited:
  cup 182 mit stripes
i saw 2 197's on the road yeserday and i must say, very impressed, look awesome, much more road presence than a 172/182........ look much much better than in the pi

I'm really feeling depressed after reading that. It's just another characterless mass produced euro box for goodness sakes!! and an underpowered one at that.

I might be having a mid life crissis, but so what, it will come to you all.

Next Spring I'll get another R1 AND with a bit of luck will put an end to this meaningless existence.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
see one on the road and you will change your mind.....

lol
its no hummer granted, but they do look vastly different to the current clios, and more distinguishable (sp) than our current versions......

cup 182 mit stripes
Who cares about looks? It was relatively cheap and had good performance. Perhaps the last of the boy racer specials. But even then they were getting flabby.

Tangoed Works
197 on road does look very mean as its not just a cheapo set of slightly wider front wings slapped on, its a full on wings and rear quarter affair. Im sure if they bring out a 210 it will be the one to win over all.

182 clio
yes ive also drove one of these, must admitt the 6th gear defo makes difference through the rev range against the 182, interior is pretty sweet, not overly liking the look from the outside but still a nice motor all the same :)

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
I test drove one yest, and made a purchase. really like them (obviously). still will miss the 172/182 ive had!! All cars that would go on my "cool wall"

BMW Z4 3.0i
Saw one for the first time in the Dealer's when I was getting the new backbox fitted on Saturday. I was quite impressed. Not enough to want to change from my 172. It still wouldn't feel like enough of an upgrade for the amount of money. The seat was squidgely comfy compared to mine, but unlike the revies, I didn't think the driving postion was improved quite enough. I definitely think my next car has to be bigger. I saw one in silver and it looked quite plain. But I saw a couple in black and they looked lovely jubley. One of the black ones had a boot spoiler on too, a definite must, made the car look loads better.