ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just revived a tired clio. Very pleased.

Cup'd Monaco 172
My 104k clio was feeling knackered. Its a standard car except stainless exhaust and newish cup dampers and springs and yellow pads.
High speed driving it wanders a bit. I get all sort of different knocks and bangs coming from the front. It pulls all over the place under hard braking.
And the rear wheel bearing is noisey.
I was thinking of changing it next year but just fitted the following.

Rear bearing.
New Reno engine mounts.
Poly dog bone mount
Poly wishbone bushes
Compbrake solid top mounts
Plus a 36k service.

The car is now as it should. Handling is spot on.
I reckon any car from about 70k would benefit from the above. It so much better to drive.

Also Compbrake are doing there rose jointed top mounts for £100 a pair for November only.

Chuffed to bits and it should keep me going another year so I think I will invest in a bucket seat and steering wheel.

audi a6 3.0tdi
i did all new engine mounts and driveshafts on my old one that was on 75k, that made a big difference to it.

Nissan 350z
My 104k clio was feeling knackered.
Rear bearing.
New Reno engine mounts.
Poly dog bone mount
Poly wishbone bushes
Compbrake solid top mounts
Plus a 36k service.

Fair play but what sort of price are we talking to get all this done? Did you do it all yourself because i imagine a garage would charge a fair chunk for that work!

Cup'd Monaco 172
Rear wheel bearing 1 25.00
AUX. BELT - All Clio 172/182 models with air conditioning 1 19.00
UPPER GEARBOX MOUNT - 15.00
LOWER FRONT GEARBOX MOUNT - 18.00
UPPER ENGINE MOUNT - 56.00
UPRATED TWISTED TYPE LOWER ENGINE MOUNT BUSHES - 35.00
POLY FRONT WISHBONE KIT - 1 52.00
Rose jointed top mounts were £100, Oil £40

The old man did the lot as he is short on work, so I'll prolly give him a couple of hundred as his work is spot on and still cheaper then any garage, plus he washed it.

Nissan 350z
Rear wheel bearing 1 25.00
AUX. BELT - All Clio 172/182 models with air conditioning 1 19.00
UPPER GEARBOX MOUNT - 15.00
LOWER FRONT GEARBOX MOUNT - 18.00
UPPER ENGINE MOUNT - 56.00
UPRATED TWISTED TYPE LOWER ENGINE MOUNT BUSHES - 35.00
POLY FRONT WISHBONE KIT - 1 52.00
Rose jointed top mounts were £100, Oil £40

The old man did the lot as he is short on work, so I'll prolly give him a couple of hundred as his work is spot on and still cheaper then any garage, plus he washed it.

Ask him if he wants some business then organise some kind of CS groupbuy discount? :approve:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
How difficult are engine mounts to do? Im thinking about giving it a bash tbh

JUst gonna replace them all and the constant velocity joints aswell, all these parts seem to be made of chocolate :eek: