ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just removed K & N air filter

1.2 16v clio sport
My car was like shaking when it was in idle, so I decided to remove the K and N to see if that was the problem!! When I put my standard air filter back in (with K and N panel Filter) the problem just went away. I also noticed that the car was so much more responsive!! Is this normal? I thought that these products where supposed to make the car perform better, or am I just imagining that it’s faster now?

Skoda Fabia vRS
with the hot weather chances are that the K&N was drawing in warmer air than the OE airbox does, warmer air is less rich in oxygen therefore lower power

1.2 16v clio sport
really!! so all these companies are saying that there are power gains with these filters, but in actual fact they don’t work that well, just out of curiosity is there a cure for heat stroke?

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Could try building a custom air box to keep your filter as cool as possible?

With a good air feed

1.2 16v clio sport
I am guessing a custom air box might work, But if you forget the heat stroke aspect will the K and N slow the car down in anyway because the car felt more responsive this evening? Much more than normal!

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Could have done. Mines a 1.2, with a K&N on, and its dead in 3rd gear between 50-70 compared to normal. I'm not too bothered to be honest, wasnt exactly a pocket rocket to begin with. The sound is worth more than the loss of speed of a 1.2

My opinion of course

K&N is fine, you just need to duct a cold air feed to the filter. Otherwise as said youl just be sucking in hot air.

1.2 16v clio sport
I know exactly what you mean in 3rd gear between 50-70, I did have a cold air feed but I am not sure that helped that much!

Nissan 350z
Buy a decent enclosed induction so the filter isnt open in the engine bay is another option. They cost more money of course but then dont suffer from this problem.

Monaco 172
how old is the k&n, they can get scruffy and not let in as much air as they would new or clean, this makes them rather pointless aswell! like savi sed, being a 1.2 u cant expect much if any power increase from air filter, i used to have one on my vtr and tbh i didnt feel like it made any difference, just made it sound nice from the front rather than just the exhaust...

I thought that these products where supposed to make the car perform better, or am I just imagining that it’s faster now?

98% of 'induction kits' on the clios are a complete waste of time on the clios, the standard box is a pretty good design out of the box, bettered with an ITG filter: done.

1.2 16v clio sport
The K & N was about 5 months old and was really clean, I know as its only a 1.2 I didnt expect a large power gain but I didnt expect to loose any either!!

172 Cup
I put one on my car and had it back off within a few days. Just seemed to absolutely kill the responsiveness of the car!

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Dont want to hijack the thread, but where can i get those K&N induction kit cleaners from?

Cheers

Clio 172 RS2
Because he can... LOL

No serious, point taken... it's a Renault Sport; why mess with it?

But hey each to his own.

If you want a K&N filter perse, why not get that cold-air induction kit?
(as to heat shielding it)

Monaco 172
u can get this spray stuff that u spray all over the filter that cleans it, other than that, take it off and clean it by hand?