ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just realised how boring us clio people are

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
my brother is getting a corsa c for his bday in a few weeks, i have been browsing on the corsa c forum with him, and there lots of people with turbo'd ones and engine conversions!! wheres all ours!!!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
You dont need a turbo when u can get turinis, cup splitter, type-r aerial, etc

172 5HED
I dont need turbos!

Well I do, but.... Ive done stuff to a new 197, not boring at all!!

Some good motors on here!

AK

M240i
my brother is getting a corsa c for his bday in a few weeks, i have been browsing on the corsa c forum with him, and there lots of people with turbo'd ones and engine conversions!! wheres all ours!!!

Thats a fail right there :rasp: lol

The clio TT is legendary :approve: there are a few turbo'd clios on here.

It's not overly difficult or expensive really to turbo a corsa, most use the calibra turbo engine etc, so it's cheap (ish) to do. In essence those who had turbo'd novas have moved on to corsas.

Ph1
Theres been many years of development with the Nova's and Corsa's plus they have a engine from the home stable that bolts straight in, Clio's dont, the nearest being the 20v Vag lump.

You have to remember that modding the Clio Sports is still relatively new! Oldest phase 1's are only what, 9 years old?

172cup
In Sunderland every other white LS corsa is a sleeper with a red top engine in it. had some right tussles with some of them in my CTR.

My pal has a VXR and their forum is mental, the gains are massive but then again the cars are big and fat!

Theres been many years of development with the Nova's and Corsa's plus they have a engine from the home stable that bolts straight in, Clio's dont, the nearest being the 20v Vag lump.

You have to remember that modding the Clio Sports is still relatively new! Oldest phase 1's are only what, 9 years old?
There used to be some cracking mk1 clios on here, some really quick ones.

The 'nana & Matbrowns old red one, they really pushed things forwards imo :D

182 Trophy
there are 5 or 6 turbo'd 106's on 106owners, one is 478bhp, and thats the 1.6gti lump still
but the difference is,theyve been out since 1997
give it time

ZX6R B1H
Thats because Vauxhall boys are proper bodgers and the vauxhall family enignes fit from anything into anything and most the clio owners i know refuse to get their hands dirty, Apart from jord and winston saying that wiggle has been forced into getting some graft done :D

I was thinking about putting an 20XE into a clio williams after the bottom end went... But the shafts, suspension setup etc would of been an absolut bollock to sort.

Its all about cost i would of thought, I used to be able to build 2.0l novas for less than £1500 with coilovers, cage etc. I gave up after finding a clio RS 172 Ph1 for 1k seems to be a bit pointless building something that wont really handle quite as well.

Last edited:
  Ph1
there are 5 or 6 turbo'd 106's on 106owners, one is 478bhp, and thats the 1.6gti lump still
but the difference is,theyve been out since 1997
give it time

Crikey

Whats it got strapped to it to produce those kind of figures?

200 Gordini
A corsa smooooked my mates S3 on saturday!

Fair play to them, they might be s**t but jeeez it was fast

RB 182 cup
i have to agree with some of the above posts

corsa's are so much easiler to swap engines over, ive done one myself 2.0 turbo running just shy of 300bhp, was a nice car but i just love my clio much more. so much more refined and and actually goes round corners lol

DMS

A thirsty 172
It's a shame none of the main tuners are offering a group buy on turbo conversion kits... knock a grand or two off lol :S

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
and lets be honest sri corsa cs are the most powerfull standard model they did youd need a turbo wouldnt ya! pieces of s**t irmaches or how ever you spell it wanky mods FTFL

320d
I think there are plenty on interesting projects in here tbh.

With corsa's there are a lot more engine options and the converisons are easier and cheaper to do.

Would hardly call the corsa redtop conversion exciting, i think even my nan has heard of a corsa with redtop conversion...

Never above 25mpg
I really want to do the 2litre conversion but everyones says...

"just buy a 172"

TBH if you want to do something like that then do it but the overall cost wouldn't benefit you, neither resale. Only thing would be experience and knowledge gained :)

Static Low
Im not pure hung up on owning a "Renault Sport" or anything like that ! I fcukin love my car the way it is & all it really needs now is that 2litre engine to give it some proper power. Id love the sleeper effect too.

200 Gordini
Im not pure hung up on owning a "Renault Sport" or anything like that ! I fcukin love my car the way it is & all it really needs now is that 2litre engine to give it some proper power. Id love the sleeper effect too.

do it ;)

Did anyone ever overcome the gearbox issues with fitting the Megane turbo 2.0 into the Clio? IIRC Fred had a little project on the go but he needed to cut the leg or something to make clearance for the gearbox?

182 Cup
Did anyone ever overcome the gearbox issues with fitting the Megane turbo 2.0 into the Clio? IIRC Fred had a little project on the go but he needed to cut the leg or something to make clearance for the gearbox?

That sounds like a project that would be worth it's weight in gold if it could be made to fit.

That sounds like a project that would be worth it's weight in gold if it could be made to fit.

Knowsit. A relatively cheap 260bhp Clio conversion. IIRC there some quite serious problems though, and the 182 5-speed gearbox doesn't fit the engine either (again, IIRC) :(

Black Gold Trophy
You'll find that parts swap over from car to car much easier on vauxhalls, that's one of the reasons I love them. I had a corsa before my 182 and instead of forking out loads for a big brake conversion I simply bought some second hand cavalier gsi callipers for £20 and some discs and pads for £50 all in from vauxhall and just bolted them on. No brackets or anything, they bolt straight on!
People have been doing engine swaps on novas/corsas (the engine bays are basically the same) for well over 10 years now!

I don't understand how people can say corsas are s**t when they all own clios! It's a 3 door hatchback? How are they that different?
I was going to do the 2.0 turbo conversion on my corsa but I decided to buy the 182 as I fancied something newer that was already done!
The reason why most people dont have engine conversions etc on here is because the 182/172 is a pretty quick car as it is, and what it lacks in acceleration/speed it makes up for with its handling.