ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just put new tyres on and track day tomorrow.

Track 172 Cup
Well seems as the weather is that great I have a set of Michelin ps3 which I have done about 40 miles on now the car is on the trailer ready to go Oulton tomorrow will then lack of scrubbing in cause me any problem on track tomorrow? I have a part worn set of AD08r in the van 1.5mm on fronts maybe 2mm on rear as a back up but wasn't sure what these would be like if is cold/wet.

Stu

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Give the road wheels a blast, see how you get on, learn the track etc.
Either at lunch or at mid morning like i did sway to the ad08's. I found the marangonis were similar in feel to the ado8's that i tried and they were fine and better than the road tyres.

And one of the lads that shared our garage ran slicks from pretty much the off, he was fine, bloody quick too.

Track 172 Cup
Yeah was going to do that if I can't get on with the ps3 but hopefully they scrub in after a few laps. Might take it off the trailer and drive it to Oulton in the morning should put another 20 twisty miles on them to give them a little more scrubbing.

Track 172 Cup
Hoping to learn and work on my skills with the ps3 road tyres so hopefully these will transfer to quick and smooth on sticky rubber.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Just go with the AD08's unless it's wet.

Keep an eye on pressures... job done.

No reason why you can't drive at 6/10ths even on full slicks ;)

No point munching a set of road tyres either... unless it's wet then I'd be going with them and keeping a very careful eye on pressures :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I kind of agree but I've used road tyres before and they were fine afterwards. My re050's hardly look used, albeit I only used them for maybe 10-15 laps. On reflection I should have just put my 15's on to begin with. Not sure if the op has been on track/at Oulton before?

Track 172 Cup
Not been on a track before, well done the ring about 7 years ago but don't count that lol.

Any ideas what pressures to be running with the Michelin's? Was gonna try road pressures and just check and adjust as we go it's just where to start lol

Just go with the AD08's unless it's wet.

Keep an eye on pressures... job done.

No reason why you can't drive at 6/10ths even on full slicks :wink:

No point munching a set of road tyres either... unless it's wet then I'd be going with them and keeping a very careful eye on pressures :smile:

I only use the clio on track and the very odd day on the road mainly for testing or bedding stuff in on track just been running late so not had chance to bed these Michelin's in and I chose these as I couldn't make up my mind on what track tyres to get in case of the weather with it being Jan/Feb

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I'd start 26/27 cold and do a few laps and check. I was running 24/25 cold, next time I will opt for a touch more pressures.

Track 172 Cup
Cheers mate. @imprezaworks just outta curiosity did they have catering at the track? I'm just debating on making some butties to throw in the van for lunch or buying overpriced crap when I'm there lol

Track 172 Cup
Thanks guys, Just going to double check we have the basic stuff in the van we will need and that the car is strapped down on the trailer properly, so i'll throw my butties in to stay cool and not forget them haha. Excited and nervous now for in the morning lol better than Christmas, Just need to dig out my drivers license. Cheers @Tony Hunter and @imprezaworks

Last edited:
  PH2 172
Any ideas what pressures to be running with the Michelin's? Was gonna try road pressures and just check and adjust as we go it's just where to start lol
Run the PS3`s with standard f/r 33/30 psi COLD and leave them at that.If you lower the pressures when hot,you will end up running on the sidewalls.

Clio Sport 182
sorry to revive an old thread, ive got a set of ps3 and used them on track day at 30psi at brands hatch. I found them a bit slippy slidey after about 2 laps once they got warm but had no pressure gauge to see how far I was dropping them (I have one now). what pressures did you run cold in the end and how did you get on? im thinking of getting some r888 as I was happy with these but couldn't get on with them once they got hot, im assuming I had the pressure too high? brands is quite a tight course with not a lot of time to cool down before the next corner!

Clio Sport 182
Oh yeah I appreciate that I was just after a rough psi to start with, would 25 be ok and work from that? I got the pressure gauge etc now

Clio Sport 182
Yeah that's what I'm hoping, is there a rough ideal temp I want to be running once hot? Or again is it down to the driver and setup of the car

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
Use some chalk on the outer shoulders and onto the treads , in about 3 places per tyre. If pressure is correct after 1 lap the chalk will have worn down just to the top edge of the sidewall. Otherwise adjust pressures accordingly and re-test.

Clio 197
Use some chalk on the outer shoulders and onto the treads , in about 3 places per tyre. If pressure is correct after 1 lap the chalk will have worn down just to the top edge of the sidewall. Otherwise adjust pressures accordingly and re-test.
Nice tip :up:

Clio Sport 182
Chalk is a brilliant idea :) and thanks Tony hopefully I won't keep losing the back end after a few hard laps if I can get this right lol