ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just put a deposit on this 197, comments, suggested upgrades etc please

thanks, i am coming from a 320bhp impreza with loads of mods including handling but unfortunately proving too expensive to run so hoping the clio will give me 99% of the driving pleasure while being a bit better on fuel and generally newer and more reliable

Suzuki Jimny
Cheap!

Make sure the belts have been done.

Oh and I doubt it'll be better on fuel than the Impreza.

Last edited:
you havent owned a tuned Impreza then lol 20's driven sensibly and below 10 giving it some (which is most journeys tbh) but will post my findings on fuel consumption when i get the car

you havent owned a tuned Impreza then lol 20's driven sensibly and below 10 giving it some (which is most journeys tbh) but will post my findings on fuel consumption when i get the car

197s r hard on fuel man tho not as hard as a wrx , around 28mpg easy driving , make sure it dose not crunch in to any gears as there very hard on gear boxs

i havent driven the car, its in scotland so be interested to know any other common faults as it has 30 days warranty so need to make sure i capture everything i find wrong with it

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome, car looks tidy mate!

Gearbox is the main issue, alone with squeeky master cylinders.

Great little cars, if it was mine I'd possibly change the exhaust & do the pads, fluid & hoses. I'd leave it be from there.

Thanks, whats your opinion on exhaust systems then? i know Akrapovic do one for the 197/200 which sounds amazing but its very expensive, is there anything more reasonable available?
i assume you mean braided hoses and decent fluid? what pads work well?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks, whats your opinion on exhaust systems then? i know Akrapovic do one for the 197/200 which sounds amazing but its very expensive, is there anything more reasonable available?
i assume you mean braided hoses and decent fluid? what pads work well?

No problem at all bud.

I'd go with HEL Braided lines & either AP fluid or ATE super blue.

With regards to pads there's a number of options, depending on what you're using it for? Lets assume it's fast road & a bit of track!? I'd probably go with the standard Brembo HC discs, & either DS2500's or Brembo HP2000's ( I have these & can't fault them ).

With regards to exhausts there's tonnes of options, a lot of owners tend to go with the KTEC units which are pretty good, or the AKY, but the reality is most are a much of a muchness.

Note: removing the centre silencer on the standard system is very cheap & popular.

Last edited:
  Clio 197
Welcome mate, great lookin motor. u just need to find a custom exhaust outlet for a piece to be made up,it doesnt cost much. Some have said as cheap as 40/50 quid. dont think they are available off the shelf.
a cup spoiler would finish it off nicely

FF Clio 200 Cup
Welcome mate, where abouts are you local to? An I've had the centre silencer taken out an its great. £50 and it pops an crackles. No performace gains but just cheap mod for a bit more noise. You're not gonna see a huge amount of power gains but different things can improve drivability mapping etc. pop over to 197.net for some other info

yeah been looking at the Renault sport spoiler and front splitter, any good places to get these from?

Welcome mate, great lookin motor. u just need to find a custom exhaust outlet for a piece to be made up,it doesnt cost much. Some have said as cheap as 40/50 quid. dont think they are available off the shelf.
a cup spoiler would finish it off nicely

near plymouth in Devon, i am fairly handy with the spanners so i might just do it myself along with a decat

Welcome mate, where abouts are you local to? An I've had the centre silencer taken out an its great. £50 and it pops an crackles. No performace gains but just cheap mod for a bit more noise. You're not gonna see a huge amount of power gains but different things can improve drivability mapping etc. pop over to 197.net for some other info

yeah seen that sprint spoiler, am thinking Renault sport front splitter and that spolier would finish it off nicely