ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just lowered my 182 on Apex springs (pics)

Focus RS, 182 gone
Not as easy as the guide on he said, the 2 bolts in the bottom of the front struts were a real pain to re-locate :mad: . Anyway, 2 hours after i started, here is the result. Quite happy with the drop, didnt want it to low, dunno what it will be like when it settles.
Soz about the pics, they were taken with my nokia N80 as i was just about going dusk.

21082006048.gif

21082006049.gif

21082006050.gif

21082006051.gif

21082006052.gif

21082006053.gif

21082006054.gif

21082006055.gif

B

Brown.

the front will drop a hell of alot more.... i can bearly get a finger in the rear on mine.... sweet as fook to drive with!!! ad make sure your cat isnt sagging or it will get ripped off, i loosend the glamp on mine pushed it up and reclamped... speed bumps aint a problem now................ tis lookin sweet btw

Focus RS, 182 gone
Ted182 said:
it will get alot lower, mines sunk good!

my cat is sagging atm too!

How long do they take to sink, and roughly by how much?

The handling is mint although i have notice it understears a little more than before

B

Brown.

it should understeer more.....what pressures you running at...i do 32 front 30 back....it should hop around corners when you hos it befor it understeers well whe i say hop i mean the good kind of grippy as fook...blah lbah blah ...lol

B

Brown.

Ted182 said:

They sag cos the pricks at the renault factory dont push the zorst up when the clamp the rear end of the cat, so it hangs

B

Brown.

Ted182 said:

They sag cos the pricks at the renault factory dont push the zorst up when the clamp the rear end of the cat, so it hangs

Focus RS, 182 gone
still dont understand why they dont do a spring to drop the rear wheel in the arch like you can on almost every other car :dapprove: :S :(

Renault clio 1.4 16v
how much did u lower it by? what the rear spring like cuz i work for renault and the t***s that MOT clio that are lower they fail because the springs drop out when you jack the car up ?

Focus RS, 182 gone
renaultman said:
how much did u lower it by? what the rear spring like cuz i work for renault and the tw*ts that MOT clio that are lower they fail because the springs drop out when you jack the car up ?

its not low enought that the spring falls out, and thats probably the reason they don't do a spring kit that takes it that low, the bottom strut bolt needs taking out to get the springs out.