ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just had a crash...

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
My brother is an ex Renault Mechanic so it wouldn't cost me a thing and taking a complete engine out and a complete engine back in wouldn't take that much time with the right facilities and the right tools (which he has!).

Hopefully buying it back will be fairly cheap. The wheels are worth more than £500 to me as they have 4 brand new Toyo's plus I have a spare Turini in the boot.

But if you do replace the engine, and put it in to a FF you will loose the Aircon.

You d be better of just selling the engine to some one who is doing a project/1.2 conversion.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A lot of insurance companies do not offer cash in lieu.

Golf GTD Mk7
if you can get it back for £500 plus the pay out money you'll be quids in. Lots of things you can sell there. So long as all the insurance stuff goes through ok i'd be happy with 3-4k for it as you'll probably get over a grand for the parts on top.

Still can't believe how little damage there was on the BMW lol

Iceberg 172
I must admit, looking at the damage to the BMW it is a bit of a wake up call as to what my car would look like crashing into a tree at 60mph... It definately makes you think. I've never had a serious accident before (I had a lil bump in the snow last year but it was at walking speed) and I'll be honest, driving my GF's car at the weekend I really didn't enjoy driving like I used to... I was normally doing 10mph under the speed limit (no one was behind me! lol) and on the dual carriage way I just sat in the slow lane with my GF looking at me wierdly!

Hopefully once I get back into my own car things will get better.

Iceberg 172
But if you do replace the engine, and put it in to a FF you will loose the Aircon.

You d be better of just selling the engine to some one who is doing a project/1.2 conversion.

That's a very fair point.

Depending on what cash I get from the Insurance company and what Cash I have in the bank will dictate on what car I get.

Is it possible to buy a 182 FF and fit the 172 KTEC stealth exhaust and rear bumper???? (only reason I didn't get a 182 was because i'm not a lover of the 2 exhausts!)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
That's a very fair point.

Depending on what cash I get from the Insurance company and what Cash I have in the bank will dictate on what car I get.

Is it possible to buy a 182 FF and fit the 172 KTEC stealth exhaust and rear bumper???? (only reason I didn't get a 182 was because i'm not a lover of the 2 exhausts!)

You could but it would be a very odd choice.

You need a new rear bumper, a link pipe to match the cat.

By doing this you also loose a spare wheel well. Just get a decent 182 exhaust. 3.5 inch slash cut pipes. much better than standard.

3929777622_9054957f82_b.jpg

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
So where did the blame go? I always assume that insurance companies need someone to point the finger at? :S

To be honest I don't know, I was just thinking how fucked she was going to be as she had been driving less than a year etc... but all i know was the insurance company paid out and she wasn't affected. I was very surprised!

Z4
Where do you live?

I'm an engineer for BG and can confirm that 95% of the vans are fitted with gprs, this info is logged so that managers can see where we are and when.

Hope things get sorted! I loved my old cup so I can understand your pain.

Iceberg 172
Chris... are you on the TT Forum????? I recognise your username and remember someone on their getting a bit of a hard time trying to say a std 172 could keep up with a 225... If I remember rightly you were obsessed with Power to Weight ratio... and rightly so!!!!!! lol.

The accident happened in Wallington. I don't suppose you would be able to get a number for some sort of Depot near here!?

I would like to stir things up slightly and even if it's a case of a quick call just to say "I was involved in an accident caused by a BG van and the Police are investigating it" that might trigger someones conscience to step forward.

Anyway... Why oh why you sold a Cup for a 225 is beyond me now having owned a Cup. They're an amazing car and I will without doubt buy another 1*2 if mine gets written off.

Z4
Chris... are you on the TT Forum????? I recognise your username and remember someone on their getting a bit of a hard time trying to say a std 172 could keep up with a 225... If I remember rightly you were obsessed with Power to Weight ratio... and rightly so!!!!!! lol.

The accident happened in Wallington. I don't suppose you would be able to get a number for some sort of Depot near here!?

I would like to stir things up slightly and even if it's a case of a quick call just to say "I was involved in an accident caused by a BG van and the Police are investigating it" that might trigger someones conscience to step forward.

Anyway... Why oh why you sold a Cup for a 225 is beyond me now having owned a Cup. They're an amazing car and I will without doubt buy another 1*2 if mine gets written off.

lol yes I am mate, joke of a forum tbh!..and yes I am a little obsessed with power to weight ratios, you can see why from the cup haha.

I don't have a direct number, have a butchers on the website, people are very quick to report you if you've done so much as look at them funny so I'm sure there must be something on there!

I do miss the cup, but the audi is a better car in every aspect. The only thing lacking is driver involvement, that's why I'm probably getting an e46 M3 for the summer haha.
Post remap, the car does fly...I've just had a rolling road which stated a peak of 278bhp and 280lbft torque, pins you to the seat!

Barge
Contact us by phone: 0800 072 8632, online at www.britishgas.co.uk/complaints, or by post: Complaints Management Team, British Gas, PO Box 4804, Worthing, BN11 9QU. We will do all we can to resolve your issue straight away.

If you are not happy with the resolution of your complaint, please contact Andy Eley, Head of Complaints, by post: British Gas, PO Box 4803, Worthing, BN11 9QT, by phone: 0800 107 0184 or via email: customercomplaints@britishgas.co.uk.

From their website. I'd probably ring rather than email.

PS 200
Cut out the middlemen - I'd horse a letter off to;

Phil Bentley
Managing Director
British Gas
Millstream
Maidenhead Road
Windsor
Berkshire SL4 5GD

Telephone: 01753 494343
Facsimile: 01753 494341

:)

Iceberg 172
I've spoken to the complaints dept's. I've got their HO number now but I don't want to mess things up with the Police's enquiries.

Barge
Pester the Police for a definitive answer as to whether they can help you? If not, write to BG. I'd be itching to get it sorted out, TBH.

Iceberg 172
lol yes I am mate, joke of a forum tbh!..and yes I am a little obsessed with power to weight ratios, you can see why from the cup haha.

I don't have a direct number, have a butchers on the website, people are very quick to report you if you've done so much as look at them funny so I'm sure there must be something on there!

I do miss the cup, but the audi is a better car in every aspect. The only thing lacking is driver involvement, that's why I'm probably getting an e46 M3 for the summer haha.
Post remap, the car does fly...I've just had a rolling road which stated a peak of 278bhp and 280lbft torque, pins you to the seat!

Yeah they are quick once you've got it mapped. Mine had the AMD map and I think it was 27*bhp. Still, the Clio's are a lot more fun!

Barge
Surely if you're not claiming from them why should they care? Is the BMW woman pushing them, or her insurers? I know you said she was kind and understanding, but you never know.

I'm pretty sure your insurers would rather recover damages from BG than pay out themselves.

Barge
They must be getting pressure from elsewhere. I guess the Police have been in contact with them, etc. and they know about the investigation?

Sounds all a bit dodgy.

I'd probably check with the Police if it's ok to raise it with BG.

Iceberg 172
Well I've been told by the Police it can take up to 10 Days to receive some sort of Welcome pack from them which includes all the accident details etc... and basically been told to sit back and wait for that before I Do anything else!

Problem is, I could have brought a new car be really happy and still have this over my head! NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clio rs
call British Gas find out if a damaged Vauxhall Combo van was logged - the police should be able to find this Van.

shame on the lovely cup - hate to say it but thats why cup insurance is so high now

Iceberg 172
I'm not being rude maz172cup but read the thread (well the first post) and you'll know that the BG Van was not damaged!!!

A SHED!
Well I would but I don't know anything...

1) What they'll offer me for the Clio.
2) How much it'll be to buy back.
3) How much I'll have left over to buy another one.

I have nearly sold a FF to myself though!

The 200 idea is off as I'll be honest, i'm not a lover on the looks (never really looked at them before!) and the 197 is probably a bit under stated for me and a bit big, Plus I would then have to buy Coilies, Exhaust, New boss for my steering wheel probably, My wheels would be no use etc etc and I'd prefer to use all those bits rather than sell them off for 1/2 of what they're worth to me.

I'll be honest, I just feel embarrased and ashamed of it all... especially to NAthan (the old owner) as the car was a real credit to him. It was lovely.

cheers bud, in october ill probably getting a trophy if all goes well with my health.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Good point, 5-0 involved and a statement from BMW driver (if they saw it) and the gas man could be classed as driving dangerously

I doubt statements from two people involved in an accident looking to shift blame would be enough to prosecute.

You should've gone into the back of him if you had to crash, at least he'd have had to stop and you might have had a chance in saying it wasn't your fault. Whereas you chose to drive into the BMW, thus making it your fault.

Harsh. But fair.

I doubt statements from two people involved in an accident looking to shift blame would be enough to prosecute.

You should've gone into the back of him if you had to crash, at least he'd have had to stop and you might have had a chance in saying it wasn't your fault. Whereas you chose to drive into the BMW, thus making it your fault.

Harsh. But fair.

1 statement from someone involved in an accident was enough to get my brother 6 points...

Iceberg 172

Harsh. But fair.

According to Insurance Lawyers you're totally incorrect my friend.

If I had of gone into the back of him it would of been exteremly hard to prove it was anything but my fault.

Crashing into the BMW was caused by the BG van.

Anyway... I don't really want to argue about liability of the accident on here as I'm doing that enough on the phone all day long!

Iceberg 172
cheers bud, in october ill probably getting a trophy if all goes well with my health.

If it wasn't for the colour (not a huge fan) or the exhaust (not a huge fan) I would of got a trophy.

I've found some Trophy Recaro's (the only thing on the Trophy that I prefer to any other 1*2) so fingers crossed I'll be able to get them in a FF 172, with the coilies, exhaust, Turini's, Momo wheel, Cup rear spoiler and a CF Cup splitter. It should be looking fairly well after that treatment!

Good luck Nathan... probably the nicest guy I've ever brought a car from. (sorry about what happened to it though)

clio rs
n814830153_835369_9460.jpg

the ford essex boys in my area do this every day...

Im dreading what wud happen when they get their hand on the new focus RS

SC Ph1 172 and M140i

Harsh. But fair.

Wrong.

Plus he has independent witnesses.

In relation to your insurers they maybe of the breed that just settle rather than investigate or fight. It boils down to costs, nothing dodgy there just the way some of them work I am afraid.

Iceberg Ph1
Maz what the f**k has that go to do with this thread?

Not sure if your on about the picture or what Maz wrote about the Focus.. The pic I posted up earlier in the thread, I had a similar incident with a van and swerved to avoid and walloped a lamp post in doing so, police where no help despite having 10+ witnesses and CCTV...

Get on the phone to BG Steve, don't wait for the police, I certainly didn't/wouldn't

Good luck :)