ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got my car back from garage. Some advice please....

Hi folks, about two weeks ago, some bandits nicked the whole front end off my 182 overnight. i.e. front bumper, fogs, number plate, badge, grill etc. After swallowing the loss of 4 years no claims and stumping up £150 excess, I finally got my car back today.

OK, here are my questions:

1.The front splitter was black rubber before, I now have a black plastic one. Is this just a cheap piece of crap?

2. The headlight washer jets were black before, now they are blue colour coded and seem to be made of metal. Anyone heard of this?

3. Regarding the headlight washers, they don't seem to work. Am I being dumb, or to wash the headlights it is as simple as holding in the washer stalk for a few seconds? i.e. while you are spraying the windscreen the headlight washers come on as well?

Thanks in advance!

Ants

MK1 PH3 RSi
1. The original spliter is plastic i think, so the one you have on now is the right one.
2.They should be black plastic if they are Renault ones?
3.Just operate your washers with the headlights on and the h/l washers should work.

Hope this helps.

D

BIG D said:
3.Just operate your washers with the headlights on and the h/l washers should work.

Hope this helps.

D

Haha! Switching the headlights on may help, eh? I'll check it out as soon as I can. Thanks mate.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
you HAVE to have the lights on for the washers to work. Sounds like you had the wrong splitter before but have the correct one now, washer jets sound like they are either the wrong ones, or Renault have actually replaced the crappy plastic ones because the ends keeping falling out.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
1. yes.

2. no way!!

3. the headlights must be turned on.

Thanks for your replies so far guys. Just checked the washer jets. They work fine with the headlights on. Silly me. As for the metallic blue washer jets, I kinda like them. Thanks for setting my mind at ease with the splitter as well.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Would be intersting to see a picture of the washer jets.

Not as interesting as watching Jennifer Aniston on tv now mind. :D