ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got a 182!

Hello all!

Just bought a 182 for the girlfriends daily driver. Its black and on an 04 plate with both cup packs. I've had some pretty quick cars in my time, but this thing is a little beast! Not as fast as some of my cars, but the handling is great.

Any tips on final things to check before we collect on Friday?

What's the 182 like for reliability? Anything prone to failure?

Is it worth paying for an AA warranty? Car has done 25000 and has FSH.

Really excited about taking a blast up the country roads at the weekend.

:cool:

Civic Type R EK9
Cool mate yeh there awesome little cars!!

Relaibilty is good as far as french cars go just stupid little electrical probs every now and then!!

What other cars you had quicker then?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome m8!

182's seem quite robust in all honesty. I'm a bit anal with mine and change the oil every 6,000 miles and managed to get nearly 24k out of the front set of tyres.

I treat it like I would any other car. Let it warm up properly before seeing the far side of the rev-range, but generally just enjoy it for what it is!

D.

Clio 172 mk2
Welcome to CS...car sounds good.

TBH rattles & French build quality aside I've found the 172 to be a pretty good little car reliablity & running cost wise:D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yep same as! I used to have a 172 Cup, but have now moved onto a black gold 182 also (best colour ;) ) You wont have any worries. Golden rule is to get the AUX belt changed @ the 32k service. Its not on the renault service book..... but get it done as some have been known to fail and take out the cambelt ;)

Sounds good. I'm anal about oil changes and warming up etc too!

So engine/gearbox wise they are pretty solid if looked after?

I've had a Calibra Turbo, a 350bhp Classic Impreza Turbo and a PPP WRX.

Just got an Audi A4 1.9tdi as i'm doing 1000miles/week atm.........the scoobs weren't great on the pocket at that mileage!

Bought the 182 really to get my speed fix from. A4 is soooooooooo sloooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww.

:)

BMW M3
Welcome aboard.

My 172 and 182 have been fine *touch wood* reliability wise. Check as above but you should be fine tbh as long as it has FSH.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Welcome. I've done 50k absolute problem free miles except the rattling centre section and locked boot.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Welcome,

Reliability is ok, watch out for electrics. You might want to check everything is working before you drive away!

But the most important advice is avoid dealerships like the plague. Most are clueless as it is but added to that most don't seem to know anything about the RS range at all.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Whats wrong with the electrics? I've never had, or heard of anything common?

But the most important advice is avoid dealerships like the plague. Most are clueless as it is but added to that most don't seem to know anything about the RS range at all.

Thats a little unfair given the chocie I'd always to to a dealership. AFter all there more sunless garages out there rarther than poor dealerships.

R27 Alibi Blue N0 411
There not leaking, its crying coz u spent all that time cleaning it and then got it dirty on the run out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or is it coz u got lost???