ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just exactly which model do i have.?

clio 182 ferrari 355
Stupid i know but what model have i bought?

Insurance company says according to Reg given its a 182 renaultsport
I bought it as a 172 renaultsport

Its a 2003 car registered 28 / 8 / 2003
log book just says clio sport which is not a problem but it would be nice to know :dapprove:
I am told it would have twin exhausts if it was a 182 but only has one on the left.

Gracie

Blobeye WRX STi W/T
172 with a single exhaust..
the 182 wasnt registered until november 2003. (pretty sure on that)

Latest 172s are 04 plates. Until the above post I was "pretty sure" that the earliest 182s are on 04 plates.

As others have said - 182 has twin exhausts and the 172 has a single hidden exhaust (but many 172 now have aftermarket exhausts as the standard one corrodes rather quickly) Obviously wheels can be changed, but again another hint would be:

182 wheels (silver or anthracite grey)
renault_clio_renaultsport_182_321278173574179.jpg

172 wheels:
renault_clio_172_sport_92257874420537502.jpg

or, if it's a "172 cup"
speedline-turini.jpg

clio 182 ferrari 355
$(KGrHqV,!h8E2JUonrT8BNnEr-mJlg~~_12.jpg
This is it in the flesh
Apparently the wheels are french dynamics ???

Last edited:
Atleast you bought it as a 172.

Someone the other month bought a "182" that turned out to be a "172" and paid well over the odds for it

clio 182 ferrari 355
Cat C?

It was a cat c in 2007 according to the HPI but heres the puzzler.
It was recorded as cat c because of engine siezure and didn't require a vic certificate at the time. It did have xenons but i took them off and put in standard lights because of bad scratching to exterior. it does have a rear spoiler same as the blue one in one of the pics { great link by the way showing different models } and has climate control, air con, esp, but no sat nav.
Looks like its a 172 then.
Thanks a lot to everyone
Gracie x

Last edited:
  clio 182 ferrari 355
Told they were french dynamics and were an upgrade option when car was new but opinions differ and could be Alpha according to Dm_26.
Renault at Motorworld { Chesterfield } think they were only for the french market. Never seen another Clio with them on so stuck really. Maybe imported by owner from France??

Gracie x