ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just drove a new shape clio!

Audi TT 225
Ive been given a hire car to go somewhere with work tomorrow and its a new shape clio!
Its only a 1.2 but I just took it for a little drive :approve:
i know they've been slagged off no end on here but heres what I thought.

First impressions, I like it! Quite a lot! Shocking :eek:
Its much more spacious than the mk2, it doesn't feel slow either considering, very comfortable, quiet nice ride. Very refined compared to the rugged and raw feel to my ph1.
They've retained the aweful driving position tho, all the interior bits are pretty much the same as the ph2, feels bigger tho, wider, taller that was a bit odd.
The only thing thats a bit wierd is the steering, it takes some getting used to. At stand still the steering is so light you blow on the wheel and it spins around, if you give it a little tug the wheel just spins around on its own lol
But then when your driving 30-40 it feels much tighter and you get some "feel" back. Its so odd that the steering changes as you drive, spose its good for the parking challanged but once you get used to it its a really nice drive, very easy to drive if you know what I mean.

I dont know what it is but I do really like this car! I thought I would hate it! (not a patch on my RS1) power and thrills wise, maybe Im just getting old.. I know most of its just a repackaged ph2 but its very very nice!
Might book a test drive in a 197...

I know Ive been thinking of getting getting rid of the ph-cup and maybe downgrading because I dont drive anywhere any more and it seems a lot to be paying out just to "keep" my RS but thats another story.

Viv la dif-france! I like! wouldn't mind one of these with a bit more ooommmffff tho. :approve:

Mondeo TDCI 130
ther ok i feel! i was lucky enough to have a 197 for the day, and i really liked it, was expecting it to be poor after read ups, everyone to there own though!

titanium 182,
there is nothing inside a clio3 that is taken from a clio 2 ? it's all different
its a completely new car,

Breaking A 172 Replica
When I drove a new shape clio (86bhp diesel) I felt soo detached from the road. It was much more refined however.

Audi TT 225
LOL well I was told it was a 1.4 but they tag on the keys said 1.2 so I assume its 1.2, dont think its turbo no lol
Not even looked at the engine..
It is pretty quick considering its its bigger and heavy... very shocking!

And the centre console's the same, the window switches, elecy mirror control is straight out of the ph2. Gearbox feels like it just came out of a kinder egg tho very clunky.
Handles surprisingly well once you get the hang of the steering, suspension is awesome dont feel a thing which makes a change from the spine shattering ride in my ph-cup.
Boots nice and big. I think a 1.6 would be quite a tidy car tbh
The overall feel is very nice, and as said very refined.

I can see how the 197 would be quite good now, I know everyone slates em but how many of you have actually driven one?
Im gonna book a test drive anyway

Clio 197
I've driven a 197 (every day since the end of Jan) and it is a really good buy. When you test drive it make sure he lets you go down a country lane in it, I'm sure you'll fall in love with it then. I've only been on a motorway once in mine lol

Clio 172 mk2
Never driven a 197 so can't comment on that but the styling/image is spot on....quite a looker of a car when you see one up close:D