ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought....

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash & Conditioner
Meguiars Water Magnet Drying Towel
Meguiars Quik Clay Detailing System
Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Turtlewax Extra Gloss Sealant - (Didn't have AG Extra Gloss Sealant at Halfords)
Turtlewax Tyre Shine - (Cos it was two for one..lol)
Autoglym Foam Hand Pad
Autoglym Micropak Microfiber Towel

If the weather holds out, i will start on this long list of products and get to work on my car (finally).

Do i have pretty much everything i need? Can anyone advise on any special techniques that will make my life easier, and advise me on how long it will take to complete?

Thanks for your time and comments! I will post pics when i have finished!

Tyson.

Clio 172mk2
id recomend meguires terry towel , and window terry towel, once uve dried the car with the water magnet , quick wipe with these gets n slight bit of water left

ST
Tyson-182 said:
Thanks Rich...You're CS's inspiration for Car Detailing!

Tyson.

Just wait til the better weather starts mate...CS in summer turns into 'just waxed my car', 'just washed' threads all over the media section lol

106 GTi
16vClio said:
Just wait til the better weather starts mate...CS in summer turns into 'just waxed my car', 'just washed' threads all over the media section lol

All the part timers start!

M140i/Orange 182
mmm carnt wait till summer, car might stay clean for at least a week..u never know!

M140i/Orange 182
good point...stupid dum flies that have nuffing better to do than fly into your car and make a mess! although dust wise,it will be worse on a certain black gold 182... ;)

106 GTi
LOL I know, saying Black Gold is now Salt Grey after the return trip from the Mids Meet!

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Indeed i was in for a busy weekend, took me about 6 hrs in total over 2 days. Glad the weather held out. I got some really good pics that i'll post over in the media section.

Clay is one of the best products on the market, my car feels like glass! Awesome stuff. I just hope i applied all the products correctly, so that i dont need to do it all again anytime soon.

Rich, what should i do to keep my car topped up? Just adding sealant and wax perhaps? Don't really want to add super resin again, as that took sooo long!

Thanks! Tyson.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Oh, and what can i use on my windows, inside and out? I think they need some 'detailing'...lol.

Tyson.

106 GTi
Look into a nice easy to use Carnuba was like P21s or a good quick detail spray or quick wax spray for when you have washed. Clearkote Quikshine or Optimum Car Wax are good products.

As for the Glass, for deep cleaning Autoglym Glass Polish, weekly cleans inside and out Autoglym Fast Glass spray.

al

ST on the way...
Does anyone else find that after you've dried it you get water pi**ing out from under the mirrors and the back window?

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Yes! All the time mate. If your car is parked in the Sun then there isn't a problem, but if you notice you have water is all the panel edges, just get a chamois and let it soak up in that.

Tyson.

M140i/Orange 182
tyson i recommend you to get the P21's its good stuff! r-jay recommend it too me and i havent looked bk :D

M140i/Orange 182
almarsden said:
Does anyone else find that after you've dried it you get water pi**ing out from under the mirrors and the back window?

i just go for a "spin drive" to sort this problem out! after chamois it down, then just pic up the loose trails of water :) job done!

106 GTi
Quick drive round the block and a can of compressed air normally goes the trick. Also a waffle weave towel fits between the cup spiler and rear window which is another big water trap.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Ted182 said:
tyson i recommend you to get the P21's its good stuff! r-jay recommend it too me and i havent looked bk :D

Thanks Ted, I like the sound of the P21 wax. I only used AG Extra Gloss after my Super Resin Polish, so need to Wax the car with P21 to get the ultimate result (i hope).

My internet is down at home, but when its back up, i'll post my pics!

Thanks guys, Tyson.