ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just bought this 182 dirt cheap...what u think ?

Megane 225
I love CS valuations! ;)

That car is a bargain for anyone that wants a 182! Fair enough it needs the CAM belt doing soon etc etc...but that's late 172 money anyday so for the same cash he's got himself a newer model Renault Sport! :)

I'd like to hope the cam belt has already been done! Ino renault say 72k but that's suicide to leave it that long?

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I bought my golf off fleabay without ever driving/seeing it, still driving the wee beasty nearly 4 years later :D

You can always walk away if it's not as described.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
looks good price to me. so what if it is a bit dirty. i haven't cleaned my car for a couple of months. doesn't mean i don't look after it mechanically.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Doesn't look too bad for the money.

I take it its a 182FF with the cup packs, so you have the best of both worlds - full fat luxury, leather, climate etc with the added bonus of Cup pack handling.:approve:
Looks like a bit of a ding on the front edge of the bonnet smack in the centre on the ridge.

BenR has got a good price on cambelt fitting at moment - £330 inc vat iirc.

I have a '03 172FF with 56k on the clock, Full Renault history up to and including 48k, and one since at Angelworks [interim] and a full monty with cambelt and aux belt done at GDI. Mine is absolutely mint, and no expense has been spared on it. So whoever buys it will get a cracker.....

....but I wouldnt even sell that for any less £4200.:D

Shed.
Looks like a total s**t heap bth. get the wheels refurbished and get it polished and im sure youll make a fair few bucks on it.

I will so LOL if its a scam.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Gotta say what a daft lot comments been posted on about this. Why cant anybody just say "Well done fella, you got yourself a steal"??
Instead you get t*ats posting up saying that it looks a bit on the scruffy side!
It,ll polish up lovely. What exactly do you expect for that sort of money!

Ph-Sold!
It's done 68k and it's been driven in the real world surrounded by real people etc Nothing a bit of TLC won't put right for not much money - especially if you can get mates rates! :)

Willy + Modus DCi
well done guys defend the man and his bargain (if it is as described)!

CS valuations are mad, thats a good price for a 182 even if it will need some love.

hope it goes well chap!

Mini Cooper S sport
With a wheel left in that state I'd be worried about how much it's been abused, but in any case it's a bargain!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
People dont half talk sh1te on here :rolleyes: not sure how people can tell its a shed from those photos, i mean, it has a curbed wheel - gosh lol.

My cars filthy at the mo, doesnt mean its not looked after ... bargain. I would have had it quite happily - cheapest Cup'd RB 182 on trader is £6500.

Clean it, service it, and ill think about swopping my 172 cup for it ;)

www.renparts.co.uk
don't listen to the rubbish people are posting... not looked after mechanically etc, its not gonna make 1 bit of difference, its not an old jag v8, you can thrash the nackers off the 172/182 engines and they are fine, and its hardly gonna make any difference to you when your selling it on, wouldn't even do the belt, just tidy it up looks wise and put it on auto trader, most people don't even know the cambelt interval. you should make yourself a tidy profit on that, i would have bought it if i had seen it.

Clio 1.2 Billabong
luckily ive got another set of anthracite 182 wheels in perfect nick and ive got a mate who works for renault wholl do the belt and give me my stamp and like i said my old man will sort out any dings and that....these are the reasons why i took the risk. im well happy anyway.. i had a budget of 6.5k to spend so i can go book a holiday and keep the mrs sweet. bonus

im guessing that means you might consider selling those wheels as is?

if so could you pm with a price or something?

M

mini-valver

You pays your money you takes your choice!

That looks tatty but nothing a good detail would sort out. The only thing that would bother me if the last owner didn't give a s**t about the state of the outside of the car they probably showed the engine the same amount of respect, poorly maintained and ragged to death.

Usually the fast, reliable ones ;)

Looks like a total s**t heap bth. get the wheels refurbished and get it polished and im sure youll make a fair few bucks on it.

You talk some s**t youth. It's dirty and has a curbed wheel FFS.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
lol why do people get so wound up just because the guy has bought a cheap motor, makes me laugh, its been drivin! thats a cars job jeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner

You're so full of s**t. At least he has a 182 and doesn't just post once a month say Clios are s**t, then the next week saying how he's saving for a 182 - still.

Dan

2004 182 Black Gold
Excellent Deal for me! A real bargain.

I love the way half the people on here **** off the wheels, yet loads of others still want to buy them :S

clio 182 +cup packs

im guessin youre one of these people micheal that likes to see people fall flat on their face, well im checking out every angle before i hand over the money so unless you got anything positive to say dont bother :quiet:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
so much is made of the 'abuse' this car has seen due to a kerbed wheel.

Well if we look through CS there are countless threads about wheels getting damaged, and even from members cars who are respected as being extremely clean and well looked after - for example Christopher and his RB 182.

Clearly Christophers car is in mint condition though!

Clio 172 mk2
You get what you pay for..cheap but for a reason

Would necessarily say 68000k was high mileage though

Astra CDTI XP & ZX6R
IMO that is very cheap mate, thats 172 money to be honest. And i definately wouldnt say 68k was particulary high milage.

Shhh
i have one of these in racing blue, on about 65,000miles now.

wheels are wheels, and they get marked chipped etc, as you said replace them and hey presto.

im looking to chop my 182 in against another car, and getting £4500 for it would be great..

Just get cambelt done asap, and your away.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
68 isnt high mileage, high for a 182 maybe... think price is OK, but does look like it needs work doing to it. Cambelts cost a fortune as well and bet the brakes need doing before long, they norm need doing around 35k lol. straight away nudging 5.5 grand.

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Its a 2004 so it would need a cambelt doing soon anyway (well early 2009), if its got full renault service history then that is indeed a bargain, scuffed wheels are £160 to have them back to new, add that onto the price and he has a very goo deal.

The mileage is high in comparison to the average (12k average x 4 = 48kish miles?) but 68k really is absolutely nothing, especially if its a car he intends to run to the ground or hardly use.

Good buy.

Megane 225
I'm guessing the guy who owns it has maybe taken it on hp, it's comin up to the end of it and he wants to sell it, clear the hp and have a few quid left over. If he just left it back he'd get ripped off, so he's sold it cheap, but still made a few quid. Great lookin wee car tho! Wish I'd seen it! Would've been worth the trip across the pond! Good on ya! But I'd get the belt down asap. Prob would tow it home just in case! Lol! Post some pics when she's all cleaned!

clio 182 +cup packs
Im getting it tomorrow afternoon lads, fookin buzzin!! , and stu 172 is right about clearing the hp and havin a few quid left over. a little 2 hour trip over the severn bridge and ill be well happy

Lotus Elise 111R
Good luck, I am hoping this is a genuine bargain to kill all the cynics on here who wish they had bought it!

Milano Premier CTR
If there is nothing wrong with it is a bleeding steal.

Nice one.

Only problem is he won't be able to make a quick buck on here as everyone knows what it cost.

This is the most stupid thing i have encounted when i have being on this site. When another owner got a v6 cheap and went to sell it for more than he bought it for, loads of people thought you shouldnt have to pay more than what he paid for it. Has No one on here ever heard of making money? Its just what garages do, people buy houses to clean up and make a few quid, so why not cars.

Looks a good find anyway.

clio 182 +cup packs
Got it , phew, just got home withit and she is 10 times better than expected. everything is spot on and ill get some photos on asap.
and to those people who were planning to laugh when i got scammed can kiss my a*se.
so everyone will be seeing a lot more of me on ere in future.
thanks for everyones advice prior to me picking it up , much appreciated people.