ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought RN2004 kent camshaft

Clio Williams MK III
to install in my clio williams mark 3 - i have been told by kent themselves that i will need to deepend the valve pockets in the pistons and after market fuel and timing management (or carbs) will need to be installed.

Can anyone verify this for me please and also does anyone know the rough cost of such work? it sounds expensive to me :(

thank you

Exige S1 + Honda S1
yea, i was put off buying these as heard they have failed before.

the rn2004 should be the fast road spec, shouldnt need much work. the rn2006 is the race spec and requires quite a bit more

you wont be able to get that cam to idle on a stock ecu if your planning to run it with the proposed lift @TDC.

why did you choose that spec cam?

williams and trophy
hmm.....very brave man lol

dont believe a fukkin word kent say.......i asked em if they had sorted the problems out with their products for the f7r before i bought mine as they had already had so many issues with them. i was garaunteed by the guy i spoke to that they had.......lying b*****d......they sheered less than 10k miles later destroying the top end of the engine with em.

they only 270s arent they, with bout 11m lift...........shouldnt have thort the piston crowns would need pocketin a bit for that tbh.

Clio Williams MK III
haha - thanks for all the responses guys, i think im going to just cut my losses with them - i've just had to shell out for a reconditioned gearbox and a new clutch (OUCH) so i will have to wait for a bit, but ben r will be the next person i see for sure
cheers

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
maybe u should of thought about that before u bid on them and won them.

286 deg cams are just far too wild for a stock type injection system, you will have to introduce an air bleed into the inlet manifold to hold an idle at about 1000-1100rpm.

peak lift of 11.45mm has no effect on whether you need to relieve the pistons, but the lift at tdc and more importantly the position of the valve 25 deg before and after TDC will be where the valve will touch if it does. And if kent say it will touch, i would either take the advice or check it, cam companies play it safe and only advise if they are 100% sure.

but almost 3mm lift@TDC is just too much for a stock type management system.

2005 Nissan Navara
corsapower said:
Yeah because kent cams 'fail' don't they......
FFS, some of the clowns on here, you really don't have a clue......

lol wtf....!

FYI there have been several cases of Kents camshafts and pulleys failing with the renault engines. its not just limited to our engines, speak to any old-boy tuner about pinto's etc.....

so whilst your corsa maybe ok, and many others maybe ok, there are failures. that is wots being reffered to here...

corsapower said:

If only they 'just' failed.......problem is they take out most of the engine with them.

Infact, in the last 2-3 months i have seen a stupid amount of cam failures from 3 UK companies in a multitude of different engines......fantastic stuff for the UK industry eh.

williams and trophy
corsapower said:

lmfao

yes mate they DO fail.....i have the williams head and kent cams to prove it if u so wish.

when u have some idea of what ppl are actually talkin about, feel free to voice ur opinion..wen u have no idea about wot ppl are talkin about, as seems to be the case here....please..shut the fuk up.

FRST and 106 GTi
Never heard of kent cam falling (CVH engines don't count since they suck on cam lub anyway)... their pulleys yes they fail like piper. They only want to have them light and.... ohhh noooo

That's why AWT made their own cam pulleys.

What about Newman cams? I only have heard good things of them! Ok, they almost only make race cams...

Last edited:

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
i think the point here is some clown bids on cams and wins them on ebay then decides to phone kent after the auction has ended then speaks to a few people on a forum and suddenly decides not to pay for the cams he has bidded on and won. i mean talk about taking the piss.