ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought a undercar neon kit.

Clio 172

Hi

Just bought an undercar neon kit (max power kit) and just wondered how easy they are to fit to the car? Also do max power kits come with a switch to turn it on and off?

Thanks

Clio 172

Yep :oops: I dont know what it will b like but just wanted to experiment.

Dont all bite my head off for getting one cos if I think it looks sh*te I will get rid of it.

Got it for a good price anyway for a neon kit.

personally when i see neons on cars i think they look w**k. theres an evo near me in white that looked nice as standard, but now its got black vinly flames down each side and blue neons and its looks awfull imo.

Quote: Originally posted by clio-16-valver on 15 December 2004

Yep :oops: I dont know what it will b like but just wanted to experiment.

Dont all bite my head off for getting one cos if I think it looks sh*te I will get rid of it.

Got it for a good price anyway for a neon kit.
But theres always a chance youll leave it on, for your own good Im not telling you how to fit it.

aahh dont be mean if he likes it good look to him some people like them.i think they look really really sh*te but its your car do whatever you fancy :D

Clio 172

Whats the law on them? I have been told by somone who I work with that they are allowed aslong as they dont shine out the back of the car (apart from red) He asked his son who is a road traffic sargent.

Would this be true?

Punto/Clio GTT

dogmaul n pete he didnt ask for your opinion, he asked how to fit them. if you cant help him fit them... dont bother posting sh*t.

as for mounting, they should come with mounting brackets and an in car switch. make sure you mount the sil ones right behind the sil so you cant see them if you crouch and look under the car. just a couple of bolts i believe, drill into the lip of the sill, aint hard. as for bumpers i dunno how they attach to em sorry :(

hope this is more helpful than some other peoples posts.

FM

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 15 December 2004

dont leave the tubes showing whatever you do, looks terrible when they are fitted so you can see them
agreed, even if it takes you ages, make sure you cant see the tubes mate

front and rear bumpers should be easy id have thought

not sure on the sills though

Punto/Clio GTT

funny actually, was thinking of gettin some for my clio this mornin, gonna have to find some pics on how decent they look at night.

FM

side tubes will be difficult front and rear will be a piece of piss to hide but as you can normally see the metal sill lip on the clio you may find you wont be able to hide the tube easily. Lad i know fitted them to his car (non clio) before he fitted his skirts and made a couple of trims up to hide the tubes from view

Punto/Clio GTT

ide say opposite to loony. sils are piece of piss as you just gotta make 2 holes and bolt the brackets on. how do you mount em to the front of a bumper? inside? sticky pads? sikaflex?

they are light so a combination of sikaflex and cable ties will be enough, the exact points i would have to see the bumpers to say but the problem isnt with mounting the sides its mounting them so they dont show thats the issue

Punto/Clio GTT

still piece of piss though really, even if teh brackets it came with mount it so the tube is showing, you could bend it up with some pliers so it tucks behind, really is a mickey mouse job.

ill try find some pics with em on

FM

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

em... actually thats not true arron...

basically ur car is only allowed to show white at the front, red at the rear, and orange at the side, with the indicators being an exception - they must be shown all round.

The ONLY legal setup is orange to the sides, white at the front, and red at the rear... - which looks stupid imo

Its also an offence for any light on the car to cause unnecessy dazzle - which is the reason why its an offence for the tubes (or leds) to be showing.

Yes friction has read one of my posts...the side orange neons have to flash also when indicating. it is an offence to show any other light than red to the rear.

and any lamp that causes undue dazzle.

Cliosport is against chav mods....lol.

:( Oh no, youve just wasted some money mate. Theyre crap. Youll find yourself having tubes that dont work after a few weeks, or a month if youre lucky. Theyre exactly the same as the £5 kit you can buy from taiwan or singapore, forgot where now. The light emitted from them is piss poor, you dont get that much glow from them at all.

The side neons dont need to flash, they can stay on all the time.

Can sell you a proper undercar led lighting kit, but theyre like 10times more expensive than what you paid (£475), but you get a lifetime guarantee plus loads more toys and functions with it, like 2.1 million colours.

Fitting tubes is really easy too. Mount the side tubes next to your chassis box (sill?) and aim the tubes at a 90 degree angle, so the leds are in a direction like \ Thisll help hide the leds a bit as the circuit board will be helping to block the light, yet still shine on the floor (if theyre powerfull enough). Front and rear are really easy to do, no brackets needed for these, if the bumpers are the same as mine, you will find holes already in your bumper underneath (on the white part), just shove some cableties through them. Will take pics to show my setup if you want tomorrow
Also, make sure you put your switch in an easy to reach place. Cops will and do pull you over quite often if youve got them on. Although the lighting is a grey area of the law, they can still give yo a whacking fine and make you mot your car and stuff like that. Ive not had a bad cop pull me over, the ones that have pulled me up have just wanted to see more of what my kit does. Use them in a carpark, you wont get fined, use them on the road and be a paranoid driver

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

actually, i havent read any of ur other posts...lol

and the orange lights dont need to flash for the same reasons volvos orange lights on the sides dont flash and neither do big trucks :)

Has anybody read this thread from start to finish..............its hilarious...........absolutely fabulous..............Im in stitches here............I havent laughed so much for donkeys............keep it comin guys :D

Cya Stu:D

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

You cant beat the kids with neons on thier mopeds round here...................Shame really!

Volvo S60 T5

Well neons... errr LOL what you recon they look like on an old J reg Espace cause thats what the bloke at work has done WHY!!!!!:sick:

NEONS

ITS AN OFFENCE TO USE CAUSE OR PERMIT USE ON A ROAD A VEHICLE READILY AVAILIABLE TO SHOW A RED LIGHT TO THE FRONT.

IT IS AN OFFENCE TO USE CAUSE OR PERMIT USE ON A ROAD A VEHICLE READILY CAPABLE TO SHOW A LIGHT OTHER THAN RED TO THE REAR.

IT IS AN OFFENCE TO DISPLAY A FLASHING LIGHT.

SIDE MARKER LAMPS

ANY NUMBER CAN BE ADDED, BUT THEY MUST COMPLY WITH REGULATION COLOURING (AMBER) MUST BE ON SIDE OF VEHICLE)

thank you.

[Edited by gunnergibson on 16 December 2004 at 10:27pm]