ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought a 182 - Questions???

Hi Guys and Gals,

Just got back from a trip to London (from up north) to pick up my first Clio Sport. Its a Black 05 plate 182. Needs a little TLC but got it at a good price to take this into account. I'll be cleaning her up tonight when I;m back from work so will post some piccys later :)

I have a list of questions that I hope some of you will know the answers to so I hope you don't mind me listing them for you. Here goes :-

1. The car is a June 2005 and the previous owner said that the warranty runs out in June this year. Looking in the warranty book, it states 24 months warranty but does mention a 36 month dealer warranty. Is my car under warranty?

2. The buttons on the climate control are worn away so some of them you cannot tell what the picture is but just a white button. Will I need a new Climate control unit or can I get the buttons or stickers seperate?

3. Does anyone have a parcel shelf they don't want. I have two 6x9 speakers in the middle of mine which have bowed it to death. Will pay of course ;)

4. Can the anthracite wheels be refurbed to a good standard and what am I looking at as a cost do you think. All 4 need doing :( Is Lap-Tab still a cheap option. Does he still charge £30/wheel?

5. I need a new gear knob. I don't want a boy racer type although leather and alu look good if modest. Any suggestions or pics? Should I just get one from Renault or will they string me up with cost.

6. I need a new steering wheel as my thumb grips are worn and a search of the site seems to suggest they cannot be replaced. Is it a matter of looking on the for sale section or flea-bay?

7. I need a new mirror back as my black one is scratched. Can I just buy the back or is it just the whole mirror assembly?

That will do for now. Sorry about all the take-take-take. I hope to contribute to the forums in the future to make it up.

:D
Andy

Last edited:
  Megane Mk4
1. It's usually 3 years from new, but I'm not sure to it regarding second hand and sold private, best ring renault for that

2. You can probably source the buttons from scrap, try joshydee on here, he gets parts in on a regular.

3. See number 2

4. You not brave enough to do them yourself? ;) lol

5. Ebay is your friend, or try the wanted section on here

6. see number 2 or 5 :p

7. You can buy just the plastic back, but same again, it'll come primed in OEM form and renault will charge you extra for painting. Not that much iirc, so phone.

8. Welcome to CS :)

Last edited:
  B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Climate control unit, Pm barron i think he has one, also he may be willing to sell a parcel self (im sure i spotted these other day in the garage)

Cheers Guys, I've just PM'd Barron. Awaiting his reply.

I have just contacted Renault about the mirrors.....will be costly. Mirror backs for the pair are £36 + £95 painting. Both including vat but too much for me I think. Maybe have to keep an eye on the forum and the bay.

Alloys....do them myself?....you have got to be kidding. They are not really curbed as such but more scratched and the owner has been touching them up with black paint which is okay from a distance but it will bug me on close inspection and cleaning. Maybe get a new/mint second hand set and sell these ones????

2005 Clio Sport 182
Take care when you go to replace the gear knob.
It isn't threaded onto the gear lever - it is pressed & glued on. You will have to cut the old one off. Try not to cut your hand off while you're at it!

I bought a B&M short shifter for mine from K-Tech, and it improved shift quality out of sight. It came with an alloy knob, which is a bit naff. One day I'll get around to replacing it with something better ...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
A waranty is valid regardless whom the owner is, Renault state that all there vehicles have a 3 year manufacturers warranty which means if you are the first or the fith owner and the cars still within the first 3 years then tghis applies, if renault try and tell you otherwise then get on the horn to Renault UK they will sort you out

There is lots of money in the pot, so to speak, but I don't want to waste money if I can help it. The bodywork is excellent but I'm not sure a couple of scuffs on the mirrors warrant £130 spending on them. I might be able to find a pair of mirrors in Black/Gold that I can replace them with....or of course, live with them.

Thanks for the Renault Warrranty clarification. Previous owner did tell me that he had a couple of things done under warranty during the past six months but it was the warranty book that worried me. I suppose it might be best to get an independant check done before June 14th so I can get anything that is on its way out, sorted under warranty. Are they renewable???

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
hi,
mine is a June 2005 Artic Blue 182 ... had it 2 weeks, in the handbook was the original warranty card which i have sent back to renault, as it states fill out if you are the new owner!

my x 2 wheels are being refurbed by a local car sprayer body repair shop, on Monday for £65 each tyres off then repaired and whole wheels painted / laq etc

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I wouldn't have said it was gonna be expensive to repair - and are probably just problems that most 182s are starting to have. Most people just seem to park etc without caring about their wheels. When I was shopping all the 182s had curbed wheels - and one salesmen actually bumped it up the kerb when bringing the car out to show me... Worn interior bits is par for the course with them that have done a few miles - what kinda mileage has this one done?

Good luck with it mate, great cars underneath :)

Dan

Good choice Moggy. They are fun aren't they. I think the registration card is so they have a note of your address for spam purposes and maybe recall info etc. I'll see if I have one of these although I might be able to ring them up and tell them I suppose.

Do you have the anthrecite wheels? Are you going to renew the warranty?

I wouldn't have said it was gonna be expensive to repair - and are probably just problems that most 182s are starting to have. Most people just seem to park etc without caring about their wheels. When I was shopping all the 182s had curbed wheels - and one salesmen actually bumped it up the kerb when bringing the car out to show me... Worn interior bits is par for the course with them that have done a few miles - what kinda mileage has this one done?

Good luck with it mate, great cars underneath :)

Dan

Its quite high mileage at 49,000 but the misses will take it to work and back each day and my oil burner will be used for my longer journey each day. It will only do about 4000/year so mileage wasn't an issue but it does have some worn out interior bits. Seats are good, bodywork good, mechanically its good and its just in need of a spruce up and valet. ;)

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
Good choice Moggy. They are fun aren't they. I think the registration card is so they have a note of your address for spam purposes and maybe recall info etc. I'll see if I have one of these although I might be able to ring them up and tell them I suppose.

Do you have the anthrecite wheels? Are you going to renew the warranty?

yes i do have the anthracite wheels, also has both cup packs fitted, larger rear spoiler, front splitter, and uprated suspension etc...
i did not know you could add onto the existing warranty, i would like to know what is covered and what is not under warranty ?? if anyone knows...

Hi Guys and Gals,

Just got back from a trip to London (from up north) to pick up my first Clio Sport. Its a Black 05 plate 182. Needs a little TLC but got it at a good price to take this into account. I'll be cleaning her up tonight when I;m back from work so will post some piccys later :)

I have a list of questions that I hope some of you will know the answers to so I hope you don't mind me listing them for you. Here goes :-

1. The car is a June 2005 and the previous owner said that the warranty runs out in June this year. Looking in the warranty book, it states 24 months warranty but does mention a 36 month dealer warranty. Is my car under warranty?

2. The buttons on the climate control are worn away so some of them you cannot tell what the picture is but just a white button. Will I need a new Climate control unit or can I get the buttons or stickers seperate?

3. Does anyone have a parcel shelf they don't want. I have two 6x9 speakers in the middle of mine which have bowed it to death. Will pay of course ;)

4. Can the anthracite wheels be refurbed to a good standard and what am I looking at as a cost do you think. All 4 need doing :( Is Lap-Tab still a cheap option. Does he still charge £30/wheel?

5. I need a new gear knob. I don't want a boy racer type although leather and alu look good if modest. Any suggestions or pics? Should I just get one from Renault or will they string me up with cost.

6. I need a new steering wheel as my thumb grips are worn and a search of the site seems to suggest they cannot be replaced. Is it a matter of looking on the for sale section or flea-bay?

7. I need a new mirror back as my black one is scratched. Can I just buy the back or is it just the whole mirror assembly?

That will do for now. Sorry about all the take-take-take. I hope to contribute to the forums in the future to make it up.

:D
Andy

you seem to have purchased a shed...