ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought a 172 phase 1

Hi, after 15 years of wanting a 172 I've finally purchased one. Picked it up on Saturday for just £950. Pearl black phase 1 with 78k miles and extensive service/mot history. Previous owner was a 72 year who was never afraid to spend money come service time. Needs a few things doing and a cambelt replacement is booked for a couple of weeks time. Great car and looking forward to some great times a head. I've owned several Renaults over the years including a 2000 Clio MTV, 2002 Clio 1.2 16V , 2000 Megane 16V, 2008 Clio 3 freeway and a 1995 Clio 1.8 16V. I work at a Renault dealership in Hampshire in the parts department so thankfully parts will be cheap.

Listed on autotrader for £995 managed to knock him down a bit. The old boy had owned for 5 years and in that time did just under 5k miles. Good MOT history with just tyres, rear box hanger and rear pads advised over the last few years. A work in progress for me over the next few months, hoping to have restored in time for RENAULT World Series at Silverstone at the end of August.

Yes jonno_c that's the one down in west Malling it was about an hours drive for me , but well worth the drive. Any ideas as to where I could source an OF RACING F1 CUP alloy, they've been discontinued by Renault and ebay brought up nothing.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yes mate. Only £12 but so worth it. The guides section and endless info pays for that. You can access parts for sale as well as sell parts and you have access to the traders on which we get club discount. You end up saving more than the £12 you pay!

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Well done for joining.... The clio is one of the best handling cars out there, but to really enjoy it at its best, I strongly recommend some tuition.

I'm after a few bits from a phase 2 in pearl black NV676

• DOOR MOULDINGS WITH SILVER BULLET BADGES
  • EXTERIOR DOOR HANDLES
Can anyone help? I've created a thread on the wanted section.

So a month on from purchasing I'm well on the way to sorting it out and making a great car for my money.
Items replaced are in no order
  • Timing belt and aux belt kits
  • Front and rear wiper blades
  • rear wiper motor and trim on rear screen
  • plastic grommets in tail gate panel next to rear lamps
  • o/s washer jet
I have several other items which I've purchased and hoping to fit in the next few weeks- steering wheel, ph 2 rear lamps and Michelin Pilot sport tyres.