ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just back from seeing V6.......

German Barge
Well just got back from seeing a V6, bashed its details into rac's website...

came back with this..

Manufacturer RENAULT
Model CLIO
Body type 3 DOOR HATCHBACK
Colour GREY
Fuel type PETROL
Date manufactured 01 July 2002
Number of previous owners 5
Last owner change 16 September 2004

all in order, apart from the fact it say 5 owners... isn't this a bit strange for a 2002 car?

all v6 owners, please advise on how many yours has had, plus its age..

this car is on 11,000 miles, had one service at renault at 6,000 miles, and that was 15 months ago.... so only done 5,000 since...

please any advise/opinions please say!

car is priced at £13,500 - 3 months warrenty, and 6 months tax.

Its from a dealer (not main renault)

Beetle
i wouldn't trust the rac website if i were you on a car such as a v6 spending that sort of money, i wouldn't hesitate to get it hpi checked for peice of mind and accurate results. bear in mind that the rac check says that some williams are 5 door, its said that some valvers are diesel, and it rarely seems to get the registartion date correct. for £30 i'd get a hpi check mate.

Personaly, for me, i would say 5 owners with that low mileage is something to worry about, but not always.

But you saw the car, what was your gut feelings, did it look feel like a lemon, or was it genuine??

It is of course very possible for the car to of had 5 owners with such low mileage, it might of been pre registered to start with so there goes one of the 5 owners straight away! And it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with the car either, the v6 is one of those cars that alot of people say 'i've got to have one of those at some time' but once they've got it and run it for a while decide that it isn't for them for what ever reason (practicality, economy etc..) and sell it on after a short time.

Only you can decide if a high amount of owners is a problem really, all my opinion of course. Good luck fella.

Monaco 172 2/468
That is a fair few owners, but i'd say theres definitely the factor of it being peoples dream car etc, getting a big loan\finance deal and then 2 months later thinking, s**t I can't afford this !

My 02 2002 172 has had 3 owners, the last one only had it for 2 months, which I suspect is the same money problems purchase. Hope it's a good car anyway mate ;) Mine seems sweet so far (2 weeks)

Ad

MK2 FRS
Can you not sneak a look at the logbook and try and ring the previous owner. have done that in the past when I was unsure whether to buy a car.

The HPI report doesnt show everything either. my boss' mondeo needed £12K of repairs after a major accident, and when he came to sell it, the buyer had it HPi'd and nothing came up. not sure if this is a one off??

RenaultSport clio V6
My mk1 V6 - which I got in June, is a 53, it had 10k on it and has had 4 previous owners, the one before me only having it for a month. But it felt good so I bought it.

No real problems so far........

Get a list from the garage of past owners and ask if you can phone them.

I have always said to the garge that a prospective buyer may contact me.

You should have had a look at the registration document when you viewed.

clio v6
i looked at one for dave(member)...7 owners...he loves it ..
take the condition and service history only...forget owners.
this is a car that people will own for a while...just to say they have had one!!

GR7

Shiny red R32
Five owners???? Crikey, why did none of these people keep this car for very long?
I saw a V6 a few weeks ago that wasn't that old and had 4 owners!!!!

WHY????

Clio V6
Re: off to look at a v6 tomorrow

Hey guys, i'm a newbie but here, thought i'd say hi. I'm off to look at a V6 tomorrow, and hopefully a test drive too. It's one of the last ones being sold new. I love this car and can't wait to have a proper look around one, they're so rare you never really get the chance to have a proper look at one if you're lucky enough to see one. Anyways i'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

BMW E46 330i Touring
From what I understand, a lot of initial V6 owners found them too difficult to handle and bought and sold them in pretty quick succession. Add to this that they probably part-x'd with a prestige car dealer, and you have 2 owners or keepers straight away.

If it was a more 'normal' car I'd be a bit weary, but with a car like the V6, I would keep it in consideration but don't base your whole decision on it.

Evo MR FQ300 & Clio V6
Yep you will find there are a large number of people who walk through a forecourt and will buy one then when it comes to winter they find it too much and sell it on. Mine has had 4 or 5 owners and is a 2002 but that didnt put me off. Yes mileage was low but all the previous owners could be contacted if needs be. The last owner had a VAST range of cars ranging from BMW M3, Merc 4x4, 2 Cosworths and 1 RS1600i. He just fancied a change. After 5 months felt it was time to go and bought a rally going cosworth. It really is a short term car for some - one they've always wanted to try but in reality cant use everyday. Coming into winter and I know mine will be garaged under wraps for most of it but theres no way I will part with it. There are many that will run it over winter but I havent got the experience yet and have another car to use.
I wouldnt say it's worth worrying about as those owners would have looked after it well. Prices from new until now mean it would have come in contact with the "serious" buyer only and that means most have FSH and are well cared for hence the low mileage and good condition. Probably more of a toy for most.

Si

Clio RS 172 Ph2
clarkiev6 said:
i looked at one for dave(member)...7 owners...he loves it ..
take the condition and service history only...forget owners.
this is a car that people will own for a while...just to say they have had one!!

Yup - I'm the 8th owner of mine - which is an Oct 2001 registered car. Was on 36k when I bought it in April, now on 48k. Seems like others have said it's the sort of car everyone wants to own, even if just for a few months.

I'm well pleased with mine. It was fine when I bought it, it did have problems with the CATs a while ago, which was expensive & time-consuming to fault-find & fix, but ultimately mine was £2.5k cheaper than the next nearest one when I bought it, prob due to the number of owners, so it just meant I got a bargain!

Megane Mk4
I've noticed that when cars part hands, if the car went back to a dealership you have to send your slip off to say they have it. The problem with that is the nice good old "DVLA" class that as a "new owner" lol .... What a scam that is!

Megane225FF
Me personally - I wouldn't worry about the number of previous owners... it could be an import, registered abroad, then registered over here by dealer, then by 1st owner.. that may account for some of them?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
my car had 4 previous owner the dealer. another guy and 2 family members...so don't jump to conclusions.

German Barge
OK people, thank you for you comments :D

I have bought the car, as seen in the media section, so happy, and cant wait to get driving it, 2 weeks and ill have it ;)