ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

jumping out of gear 182

hi evereyone i have a 182 04 reg with 60k on the clock! now sometimes when i accelerate hard and the wheels spin and bounce the car jumps out of first gear! is it likely to be a new box needed or something else

cheers

Most likly the engine dogbone or gearbox mount is worn there only cheap to chnage and easy to fit diy best get under the car and have a look at the mount and do a search on here for a common problem with the engine mounts moving

Lots of Alfas
Ive had it after having a new box fitted. Playing around adjusting the mounts cured it.

ive put my hand brake on though and tried moving off to make the engine rock and there is no sign of major movement in the mount!!!!

v6
I had this in 3rd gear after I fitted a new box so I would go with adjusting the mounts I never bothered