ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

juddering when turning hard to right..

Heyy ive just had a set of v-maxx coilovers fitted, had tracking and front camber adjusted but am getting some juddering when turning hard to the right.. is fine when turning left, any ideas?
any help would be great :) thanks
also.. how do i get the rear camber adjusted? pretty clueless about all this haha

Clio 172
I have the same prob mate i have had everything checked and had new driveshaft fitted and tyres and tracking done and camber setup, im going to try spacers next to see if i just need a little space from the strut amd wheel.

I have the same prob mate i have had everything checked and had new driveshaft fitted and tyres and tracking done and camber setup, im going to try spacers next to see if i just need a little space from the strut amd wheel.

Its a strange one.. are you only getting it turning one way too? let me know how you get on mate.. i thought it may be because i had gone too low and putting driveshaft under too much strain but have since brought the front up another 20mm and its the same :S

Wheels might be rubbing when you turn right on full lock?
That might be why your getting resistance and it feels like its juddering.

This could be it, seems to be plenty on clearance though.. feels like a driftshaft gone but was fine before i had it dropped

Clio 172
myine is both sides if im driving normal it is fine but if i drive hard it does it both sides when turning each way, my spacers are on order and should be here next week so ill let you know how i get on, and i also have to let fred know cause he could not figure out why it was happeing and he checked everything out too, so ill give this a go and see what happens!

I'd try spacers see if that changes anything. Try removing the arch liners?
Then you'll know if it is because of rubbing somewhere you don't expect.

yea ive got to get some spacers anyway, dont think it would be the liners the juddering is too heavy.. i may be wrong though

myine is both sides if im driving normal it is fine but if i drive hard it does it both sides when turning each way, my spacers are on order and should be here next week so ill let you know how i get on, and i also have to let fred know cause he could not figure out why it was happeing and he checked everything out too, so ill give this a go and see what happens!

its a bugger ey haha nice one cheers! drop me a pm :]

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
could it be your driveshaft rubbing on the inner wing??
if theres a score all around the driveshaft??

you have to be pretty low to get this though

could it be your driveshaft rubbing on the inner wing??
if theres a score all around the driveshaft??

you have to be pretty low to get this though

Couldnt see any scoring around driveshaft or damage to inner wing :s still waiting on spaces to turn up.. Thinkin it could be rubbing near the rear exhaust mount.. Not sure if this would cause a juddering though?

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
I assume your toe was set up as well when the coilies was fitted?

As mine used to feel like it was juddering/skipping over the road when turning right. Got the geometry setup and my toe was miles out.

Sunflower 172 :)
check your mounts mate mine done this on my old ph2, itturned out tobe the big cast metal mount on gearbox side had cracked and was allowin alot of movement changed it then it was sorted, so could be a bust mount or could be anhine alignment for the shafts :) hope that helps

check your mounts mate mine done this on my old ph2, itturned out tobe the big cast metal mount on gearbox side had cracked and was allowin alot of movement changed it then it was sorted, so could be a bust mount or could be anhine alignment for the shafts :) hope that helps

i will do thanks :) but was fine before i had coilovers fitted? i dont get it lol

clio mk2 1.6 16v
had same problem after just brought my clio without coilovers just happened one day and didnt go away only when i turned left! just kept judderring.. have you tried taking ar to open space and putting on full lock left and going at a slow speed see if it judders and then see how bad it is when going faster? took mine to garage in the end got so fed up and had to get new driveshaft because previous people took the spring out of the driveshaft and just packed it with greese!! same withother side but other side wasnt juddereing but had them both replaced and it now perfect!!lol

had same problem after just brought my clio without coilovers just happened one day and didnt go away only when i turned left! just kept judderring.. have you tried taking ar to open space and putting on full lock left and going at a slow speed see if it judders and then see how bad it is when going faster? took mine to garage in the end got so fed up and had to get new driveshaft because previous people took the spring out of the driveshaft and just packed it with greese!! same withother side but other side wasnt juddereing but had them both replaced and it now perfect!!lol

Yea its only when going at speed ive had the driveshaft out and seems fine.. im running out of ideas.. been like this for nearly 4 months now its actually taking the p*ss