ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Judder & Warning Light

Clio 172 Phase 2
Yet another problem with my 172, today i was driving to work and round the Airfield it Juddered and was on the edge of stall and i noticed after this did this repeatedly all the way to work, the Orange Emmisions Light and also the Green Gear Lever light Illuminates as it happens... also if you press on the throttle it carries on fine for about 500 yards or so.... any ideas before i scrap the f***ing thing ???

Clio 172 Phase 2
nothing thus far as ive not had the time but after a bit of thinking ive come to some sort of conclusion, its not the Injectors because ive had one of them drop out on me before and its not like it was. the symptoms are when i go to start the b**ch up, i select a gear/reverse and it instantly cuts out, after a few attempts she runs fine until you set off and after about 500 yards or so it looses power asif to cut out, as this happens the Emmisions light ignites and so does the green gear leaver light until i put foot on the gas and power out of it, it will do it every 500-700 yards... ive only owned it since october last year and its had a bit of a s**t life with the previous douche, ive never checked the Plugs and Coil Pack but it has cut out on me before a few times and has a rather lumpy idle, the Crank Sensor has been changed, also i think this is the culprit, its always had cheap s**tty tescos fuel as i dont live close to a Shell Garage, however i found one the other day and filled up with the Shell Nitro+, I'm gonna change the Coil Pack and put the correct plugs in which are the NGK PFR6E10's iirc, something tells me that the plugs i will remove are f**ked and or the incorrect ones, also the leads. it wont be till next weekend but il let you know if it fixes it, if anyone can shine a light on this for me i really appreciate it.

e92 m3
When you pull the leads off the coil pack have a look around the posts for any sign of charring - any hairline black marks indicate a problem 'down stream' (water or oil around the plugs etc.) as it'll be earthing itself to the coil pack base.

If the coil pack looks clean, it could be the culprit - check for sparks from each post to see?

Otherwise check the wiring to the coil pack for any signs of chafing.

Hope this helps.

Clio 172 Phase 2
Today as its been sat for a week, i decided to start her up and let her tick over, anyhow it was very reluctant to start as it kept choking itself out about 5 seconds after initial start up with the orange engine light still lighting up as it does it. then i had remembered about the on board fault mode, so i checked to see whether it has already had one registered which it showed as "t" so i reset it, turned off the engine and started it back up, i had to wait about 5 minutes for it to do its crazy cut out, switched off and checked again and it displays "t" still which iirc is a fault with injection/an injector so i think it has 99% of the problem written all over it, so im gonna change all 4 injectors at the end of the month along with the Coil Pack & the Magnecor HT leads with the correct NGK PRF6E-10 plugs then see if the b**ch works

Clio 172 Phase 2
Finally got a weekend off to spend fixing up faults..... since early yesterday morning ive changed Coil Pack, swapped standard to Magnacor HT Leads, Fitted NGK PFR6E-10's, (ones removed were Bosch!) fitted 4 brand new Injectors, new Crank Sensor, noticed the coolant was low before so i flushed out all the old, bled and replaced, also the Thermostat and to finish i fitted a K&N 57i Gen II... took her for a test drive and F**k me it pulls like a train again! happy with the results