ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Judder and low rpm

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Hi, I've had a persistent problem with my car, on a cold start, if I bring the revs up to 1800-2000rpm the engine judders quite badly and when I drive it holds back around those revs, but above and below those revs its fine. Once it's up to temperature, it's completely fine.

I've changed:
- Coil pack
- Leads
- Swapped the cat for a sports cat
- Lambda sensors
- Upper inlet gaskets
- Upper engine mout
- Dog bone mount

It's still doing it, I'm starting to think this is just something my car does

Any clue what could be causing it?

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Fuel consumption is fine, I can get 46mpg on the motorway

It's got new spark plugs as well, fo got to mention that, not changed the injectors.

Nah I've been swapping stuff gradually anyways, pretty much all that stuff needed replacing, a lot of it had been on the car for 16 years

Land Rover
I had a similar problem and it turned out the cam timing was out, from last time the belts were changed.
But it did it all the time although worse when cold.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Mine's exactly the same. I've only driven two 172's but both of them did it on cold start. The engine runs on a different map (or something) for 2 minutes after you start the engine. After that, it's smooth as.

If you remap it, or load the RStuner map it supposedly gets rid of the stutter.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You'll know if it's an injector - you get the EML occasionally staying on and your little Clio will sound like a Scooby - with about three-quarters less of the power.

And it stays that way regardless of engine temp.

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Never had an EML, I've lived with it for like a year and a half, just more curious to what it was more than anything, seems like its nothing to worry about though