ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joining the 172 club!!!

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Hey guys,

I posted up last week asking for advice on buying a 172/182 and just wanted to say thanks for all your help you gave me.I decided to go and see about one over the weekend after getting a run out in a 172 and was hooked.

Will be picking up my own 172 from the dealership this week,once they get it brought from one of their other dealerships to my hometown of Darlington.Decided to get the Full Fat(as you guys call it) instead of the cup as im too used to climate control in the Audi and with the weather we been having of late,it seemed a better idea.Chose a Monaco blue(i think thats the colour) 04 plate with 16000 miles on and im looking forward to picking it up later in the week.

Once again,thanks for everyones help and advice and keep up the good work.

Ziel Nurburgring
Donk.gif

Great colour, but then i might be biased!

172cup
have to agree.... AFTER mondial blue & silver.... monaco blue is the best colour lol

Welcome to the club mate. Rag the s**t out of it

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Wilkommen to the Club...Should have got a Cup though! :rasp:

Only joking, Monaco's are rare as rocking horse poo...so you've got yourself a good one there.

Where abouts you from?

Enjoy
Donny

A Real Cup
Welcome mate.

I think you'll find a permanent smile will now attach itself to your face.:approve:
Si

Monaco Blue 172
donnyo said:
Monaco's are rare as rocking horse poo...
are they? i had a choice of two in bristol when i bought mine!!

anyway, good on ya chap, u wont regret it :approve:

Golf R/Leon FR
nice one fella
enjoy it

seen as though your from darlington you'll have to get yourself to a local meet.
im the area rep for the north east so ill be in touch fella :)

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Garf172 said:
nice one fella
enjoy it

seen as though your from darlington you'll have to get yourself to a local meet.
im the area rep for the north east so ill be in touch fella :)

Not sure if i will be doing any meets mate as im a little bit older than most you guys on here and my days of flying around and hanging out in carparks ended about 10 years ago:( (not to say theres anything wrong with it).

Seems an age ago when we all used to meet up in Darlington town centre carpark and head out to Sunderland to race against their lads along the front,then head off somewhere else.Stockton used to be home of some nice motors back in my day.To give you a rough idea how much cars have come on since i did it,i started off with a MK1 XR2 which was the kiddy back then(a massive 84bhp),which was bored out to a 1740cc and produced around 115bhp at its peak.I then moved on to a Mk2 Astra GTE,then a GTE 16v,205 gti 1.9,309 gti,charade gtti(fastest 998cc car in the world),Orion 1.6i Ghia(baby on the way),back to a R5GTT and then there was many more to follow.They were all good cars as they were fairly new back then(im 33 now).Ended up with a show car amongst these as well....Series 1 RS Turbo Custom(had it 7 years).Then more recently i had a new Imprezza(uk car) and then eventually ended up with the Audi S4 i currently use.Sorry if all this seems boring but i have pretty much been car daft all my life and just wanted to let you know a little about me.I currently have bikes too..Started with a CBR600(dont we all..lol),owned Gsxr 750,R6,and now an R1.Oh and i just got rid of a Raptor 660cc Quad earlier this year..lol..Sometimes if i cut myself by accident,i swear i can smell petrol in the blood....lol

Golf R/Leon FR
JPW172 said:
welcome to the club and enoy your motor.;)

ps..garf you got your bonnet yet?

cheers james

no not yet fella
im was waiting till there was a meet near giles then come down for that.

but ill get soon i hope ;)