ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

John's Black Phase 1 172.

2000 X PH1 172
Ok first of all the car has ClioSport stickers so wondering if the previous owner is on here. Not the guy my mate bought it off but the guy before him.
Anyway:
It's a black Phase 1 172.
Has 63,000 miles.
Speedline Turini's with Eagle F1's GSD3.
Lowered on Eibach Sportline springs.
Remus Exhaust (it's bloody loud)
Phase 2 Rear lights
OMP Steering wheel.

Very jealous of my mate, If I had the money ready I would have bought it, will look for a black phase 1 myself when I sell my 106 GTI.
The paint is in very good conditon but it's crying out for a clay and a good polish. Engine sounds very healthy and it drives very well.

Today we cleaned the interior, took the wheels off and gave them a good clean. The Turini's have come up very well.

I cleaned up the brake calipers and it must be said the person who painted them did a very good job.

Here are the photo's, Black Phase 1's are the sex! :rasp:

100_3141.jpg

100_3143.jpg

100_3147.jpg

100_3148.jpg

100_3149.jpg

100_3150.jpg

100_3151.jpg

100_3152.jpg

100_3155.jpg

100_3156.jpg

100_3157.jpg

100_3159.jpg

100_3161.jpg

100_3162.jpg

100_3163.jpg

100_3164.jpg

Me and my mate don't think it's had a polish in quite a long time. So once we've done that we will get some good reflection shots!
He works at North East Detailing and we use the best stuff.
Thanks for looking :D

Clio 172 PH2
Hey guys thanks for the coments, cheers ally mate for getting the ball rolling you know what im like with computers.

Ill be putting on a more detailed review of what products i have used and before and after shots. Get this car reasy for the summer months.

2000 X PH1 172
Some More Progress:

Right yesterday we took on the task of claying the car, it was far worse than we expected. The results after claying were very good and the state of the clay afterwards showed.

Sorry a few photo's are blurred in low light my camera needs a tri-pod we had one I should have used it.

We might get onto machining it today I don't know but here are our efforts, hope you like:

The roof wasn't too bad, here is the roof after claying:
100_3169.jpg

Using Zymol clay and Meguiars
100_3171.jpg

Claying the rear quarter
100_3175.jpg

Claying the drivers door
100_3177.jpg

Clay off the door
100_3178.jpg

Half way there
100_3180.jpg

Clay off the skirt
100_3179.jpg

Checking all contamination has gone
100_3176.jpg

Bonnet after claying
100_3182.jpg

Bodywork feels good now.
More updates to come.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
alycat!!!

Looks like a nice little buy there john, get yourself an adjustable whiteline rear arb and some coilovers and you'll love it even more,

maybe a de-cat aswell as the standard cat is quite restrictive

Good luck and will no doubt see you up NE detailing whenever I get my new motor

2000 X PH1 172
get yourself an adjustable whiteline rear arb and some coilovers and you'll love it even more

HEY CHRIS!!

Urm yeah I told John about that, yours felt really good with it on, you can see it in this photo:

Picture424-1.jpg

Also realised Chris, John has the same OMP wheel you had in yours:

006.jpg

John doesn't like it I loved yours, two horns FTW! :cool:
Forgot to add at the beginning it has a 182 Manifold too.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
HEY CHRIS!!

Urm yeah I told John about that, yours felt really good with it on, you can see it in this photo:

Picture424-1.jpg

Also realised Chris, John has the same OMP wheel you had in yours:

006.jpg

John doesn't like it I loved yours, two horns FTW! :cool:
Forgot to add at the beginning it has a 182 Manifold too.

pic snatcher ;-)

if it has manifold it more than likely already has a de-cat aswell then

Im sure the lad with my 172 would swap the black f1's for the turini's, although id be expecting some cash off him, they're a lot better than 16s and 195/50/15 proxes are only £30 a corner

2000 X PH1 172
pic snatcher ;-)

if it has manifold it more than likely already has a de-cat aswell then

Im sure the lad with my 172 would swap the black f1's for the turini's, although id be expecting some cash off him, they're a lot better than 16s and 195/50/15 proxes are only £30 a corner

It hasn't been decatted mate has the two cannons under the car. John likes the Turini's I don't think he like's OZ F1's

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
if it has the two cat's then it wont have a 182 manifold fitted mate, unless its had some custom fabricating done but that would be pointles

182 is 4-2-1, 172 is 4-1 fanimold

2000 X PH1 172
if it has the two cat's then it wont have a 182 manifold fitted mate, unless its had some custom fabricating done but that would be pointles

182 is 4-2-1, 172 is 4-1 fanimold

Yeah that's what I thought Chris, but I didn't want to argue with my mate since he knows quite a bit on 172's, plus a lot of the people I hang around with don't think I know much about cars so I'd be fighting a losing argument :dapprove:.

Always knew 172's have a 4-1 Manifold and John's is definately a 4-1 since you can clearly see all the primaries going into that square looking block into the pipe.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
plus a lot of the people I hang around with don't think I know much about cars so I'd be fighting a losing argument :dapprove:.

quote]

Ha aly you are the wikipedia of cars mate,

But yes you're right if it has the twin barrel it is till running the 4-1 standard 172 manifold

2000 X PH1 172
plus a lot of the people I hang around with don't think I know much about cars so I'd be fighting a losing argument :dapprove:.

quote]

Ha aly you are the wikipedia of cars mate,

But yes you're right if it has the twin barrel it is till running the 4-1 standard 172 manifold

I sure am, you should definately get another one mate, not fancy another GTI?