ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joey Essex Newbie!

So im not really Joey Essex, however loads of people call me it, apparently i dress like him (ive only once worn hot pants and it was for a fancy dress party, well that what i tell people, however i do have a tendency to have a cheeky ball snap shot in the ocasional picture) but also im from the TOWIE area. Real names Richard, Essex Boy (not a chav) and im 23.

Ive just sold my Astra VXR 10 Plate and Purchased a Clio 182 Gordini (power blue), well that what i was told it was called, with the half leather seats and cruise control.

I spent most of my time previously with my Astra VXR on the forum and pretty well known on there if any of you go on VXRonline. I decided to sell it in the end due to some serrious issues, that had occoured from the production line but also to save myself some money get a morgage. Please dont take offence to that statement... im not saying the Clio's are cheap... there just more efficient to run and have fun in than a 2.0lt Turbo, that had 19inch aloys and loved breaking down that was pratically brand new.

My plan for the clio over the next year is to race spec (but also keep the car road legal). So will prob's be on here alot getting advice and coming to meets ect... have quite a few mates with 182 and also believe their a member on here

So over the past 6 years ive had a multitude of cars so thought i would give you some history about them... im sure it will bore the hell out of most of you... but if you've made it this far and your still reading it may also interest you.

1. Clio 1.2 Billabong - Kept it for 3 years but last year and half just sat on the road as i couldnt be bothered to sell it
2. Lexus IS200 - Bought it a year old, had a TOM's body kit, and i used it for drifting untill i crashed about 8 months into owning it
3. Suzuki Swift Sport - Bought brand new. Due to the crash in the lexus i downgrade, however was a wicked bit of fun... however due to me thinking it was a rally car it didnt last to long untill there was major issues... therefore before i had to pay out for it i traded it in for... car lasted me a year and a half
4. Astra VXR - Brought 4 months old, kept it for year and a half... have to say it was a lovely car, its fast, comfortable... but not that much fun. The Corsa is more fun... but the Astra is like trying to drive the Titanic around a go-kart track. Anyways the car was allways going wrong... and this was my first car that i behaved in... mainly because on a very gental drive i was lucky to get 28mpg and on a serriously hard drive about 18mpg... additionally it used to eat threw tyres every 4 to 6 months at a cost of £240 a corner... and due to warenty also had to have it services pratically every 6 months at a cost of between £280-380.

So anyways i look forward to getting advice ect.... and HIIIIIII

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
hi and welcome :)

owned a vxr, get called joey essex but not a chav?

fry.png

hi and welcome :)

owned a vxr, get called joey essex but not a chav?

fry.png

Have some faith, have some faith... but far from a chav!!!! i dont have my ears peirced or a pirate ear ring... i also dont have any kids yet (living in essex thats a brave task)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
always good to have fellow essexers with good projects!! welcome to CS

how "race spec" are you going?

ie what kind of mods are you going to go for??

So guys, im from upminster... but normally about in the harlow/bishopps storford area and brentwood!!! (im not a gypsy)

In relation to race spec... im hoping over the next year to do the following:
1. Decat (oviously) as if the milteck doesnt allready annoy my neighbours hehehe
2. Cam's... tempted to go for rally spec cam's but will see what happens there
3. New Throtle Bodies
4. Upgraded inlet manifold (possiably with the upgraded sorta throtle bodies
5. Collies (must have)
6. Lighten Wheels
7. Oviously strip out (however still want to keep some comforts)
8. Maybe some carbon replacements to lighten the weight
9. Tempted once i have the money to super/turbo charge ;) see how that goes tho

Titanium 182
So guys, im from upminster... but normally about in the harlow/bishopps storford area and brentwood!!! (im not a gypsy)

I have friends in Epping so we usually end up on a night out in Harlow, unless we go in to London!

You say you're looking at throttle bodies, but might be tempted to s/c or turbo? Make your mind up man! ;) haha

I have friends in Epping so we usually end up on a night out in Harlow, unless we go in to London!

You say you're looking at throttle bodies, but might be tempted to s/c or turbo? Make your mind up man! ;) haha

It matters what comes first... need to do some reviews on both and have a good think....

So whats peoples veiws on the stripes on the RB. Currently there not on it... do i put them on... or leave them off?

Listerine & Poledo
Stripez don't sit well with the majority on here, they seem to think they chav-up the car.... which is hilarious given what the car is in the first place.

I've got 2-tone stripes on a black 172, so I'm a touch biassed.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Welcome mate, plans sound nice. There are some superb projects of 172/182's on here so look away for inspiration.

Wealth of knowledge also. Become a full member it's worth £12 of anyone's money.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Welcome to the Forum dude. I think Essex is the centre of the UK Cliosport universe tons of us on here.

I am from Harlow but split my time with living in Germany and Harlow you may see me hooning around next week! I will keep an eye out for yah!

Renault Clio 182
Welcome to CS my fellow essex rudeboy ;) RB clios are the best so well done there, I'm in the Harlow/ bishop stortford area so hope to see ya about sometime. Love the plan for the Clio thats my plan minus the charging im gonna stick with N/A.

I know the feeling though when you say "I'm from Essex" every thinks your a chav lol.

Thanks for all the messages guys...

From upminster... but im all over the place.. harlow, bishopps stortford, brentwood nadda nadda

182 Trophy
These Essex meets are just gonna get bigger and bigger! Did anyone ever manage to get a price out of North Weald airfield for a mini track day?