ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joe's Racing Blue Project

Clio 182
Love the car mate! How much did you pay for the brand new RS tuner with the 98RON map and pops and bangs if you don't mind me asking?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for all the nice comments guys.
And now you have removed your rs2. What a bum hole joe.. :(
Yep. Even though I loved how the car drove with the manifold fitted, it's quite a bit of money sat there not doing huge gains. As expected of course. I've got a long lost of things to do to the car, and they will make a big difference once done hopefully.
Love the car mate! How much did you pay for the brand new RS tuner with the 98RON map and pops and bangs if you don't mind me asking?
It's quite a while ago now, but I think it was around £180ish. Have a look on the fastchip website :)

Is the rs2 for sale?
It certainly is.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Thanks for all the nice comments guys.

Yep. Even though I loved how the car drove with the manifold fitted, it's quite a bit of money sat there not doing huge gains. As expected of course. I've got a long lost of things to do to the car, and they will make a big difference once done hopefully.

It's quite a while ago now, but I think it was around £180ish. Have a look on the fastchip website :)

It certainly is.

​How much?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
More of an update..

The cars EML came on a few weeks back. Plugged the RS Tuner and as expected, it was the pre cat lambda sensor. I remembered that my other sensor was still attached to my cat which has been sat in the garage for god knows how long. Had a bit of a fight removing it from the cat as it was hard to keep it laid flat whilst applying force. Eventually it came loose, and I took the goosed one of the car. Fitted the new one, refreshed the ecu and the light has stayed off ever since.

9546406551_d96e7f8651_z.jpg

IMG_5413 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

The passenger side wing was slightly damaged when I bought the car last year. And I finally managed to source a Racing Blue one, and get it fitted. A few pictures..

New induction setup?

9549249640_158dc49766_z.jpg

IMG_1667 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

9549243686_1e809516b0_z.jpg

IMG_1668 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

9546447219_ee2ab78f6b_z.jpg

IMG_1669 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

9549231512_a29c00891a_z.jpg

IMG_1670 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

And a quick iPhone snap from the paddock at Anglesey. I need to try and sort out my official photo's I bought, having a few issues with them.

9549227054_9885894604_z.jpg

IMG_1984 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

And as above, the RS2 was removed. I was going to make another diy setup, but I ended up just buying a ktec as it will look a little tidier in the engine bay. And is supposed to sound a little better.

9546431799_8c47cafc15_z.jpg

IMG_2106 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

A quick photo before I took it apart :(

9549216628_51da47c167_z.jpg

IMG_2112 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

And here is how the engine bay currently looks. I'll be painting the inlets and rail guard up eventually when I get time. But I'm happy with it at the moment.

9549205346_9901f482be_z.jpg

IMG_2152 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Me being stupid, I put my carbon canister pipework in the bin. So I bought a new one which included the canister itself too, and got that all fitted.

9546410577_4c9e5eb7cf_z.jpg

IMG_2153 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

And finally. After speaking to Paul@RST, it turned out I could map straight over his map. Which saved me a trip up to Leeds. So I've put the Fastchip 98RON map back on the car, and its running perfect. I went for a bit of a drive last Sunday, and I'm really happy with it.

9549173456_ab43c93df3_z.jpg

IMG_2245 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Inferno 225 cup
The nicest RB I've ever seen tbh and would consider selling my ph1 to have one looking like yours.

Credit to you mate, looks spot on.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
The nicest RB I've ever seen tbh and would consider selling my ph1 to have one looking like yours.

Credit to you mate, looks spot on.
Thanks Clarkey. Means a lot mate!

I've been keeping an eye on your thread. A really smart motor.

Got to agree with muscles, it's a cracking looking ph2.
Cheets Rob. I'll be taking your advice you gave me a while back about spacers. I just need to work out the right sizes to get.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
if you read back a bit its due to costing a lot for little gain, a grand can be better spent elsewhere I think is the feeling?!

corking car chap btw :)

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks ace as always joe. I still kind of wish you had kept the RS2 on but the extra free cash must be good to have.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I sent a PM over to G172 on here the other day to order up some new brakes. Ended up with the following:

Brembo HC front discs
Ferodo DS2500 front pads
Genuine rear discs with bearings/abs rings
Brembo OEM rear pads
2L of ATE Superblue brake fluid.
Goodridge steel braided lines (demon tweeks)

1185889_10151792248691005_170412534_n.jpg

Ordered late Friday night, and was with me first thing Saturday morning. Top service! So Sunday I went about fitting them with ROB91. Raised the front end of the car up and got it on axle stands. I'd already sprayed the torx bolts the night before so they came off nice and easy. The carrier bolts were pretty solid, but came loose after a few hits with a hammer.
Old disc and pads off.

9599646784_f9a1225804_z.jpg

IMG_6116 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

9596870359_4a71c7caac_z.jpg

IMG_6114 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

New discs were mounted and torqued up to 175Nm. As well as new pads in the calipers, which needed to be filed down slightly to get in place. Front hoses were also fitted, then all mounted back onto the car.

9596887687_809d764274_z.jpg

IMG_6113 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

9599623918_d1f64ed46d_z.jpg

IMG_6118 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

9596807149_f02d258f41_z.jpg

IMG_6120 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Front wheels were then put on, and the car was put back on the ground. Time for the rears.

Caliper bolts were undone easily with a breaker bar, as too did the hub nuts. The discs took a bit of persuasion to come off, but in the end they did. I decided to buy 2 new spacers to go behind the discs. I've heard of a few being stuck to the old discs, so thought I may as well replace those for the sake of it.
Pistons were wound it, and the new discs were put on. And then new pads. A couple of pictures:

9596791757_4fafaf7ef2_z.jpg

IMG_6123 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

9599568156_986cf3f5af_z.jpg

IMG_6124 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

These were a little overdue..

9599554640_239f443c08_z.jpg

IMG_6129 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

9596748959_bc387a2b84_z.jpg

IMG_6132 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

The rear lines were then fitted, old ones looked knackered. Then it was time for bleeding. We used the Eeizbleed kit to do the car. Took one of the wheels, and lowered the pressure to around 19psi, then hooked it all up. Went around all the bleed nipples (which all were in great condition thank god), and got all the old fluid out the system, and more importantly the air. Once we was happy with it all, it was time to bed the brakes in. After many blips on the brakes, we got them up to a decent temperature and started to take away the film on the discs etc. Pulled up at a set of slight the smoke poring out of the fronts to the horror of some people lol. Drove the car back home trying to use the brakes as little as possible, and then let them cool down for a good hour or so.

Once they had cooled down, we went about bleeding them again. This time pumping the pedal. I'm really glad we did it twice as there was still a large amount of air that was stuck in the system. Topped the fluid up, and took it for a little drive.

The pedal feel is so much sharper now, I used to have to push down a lot further. I'm really impressed with them on the whole. It's the first time I've had 'proper' brakes on a car, so it kind of surprised me how good the feel. With these done now, I'll have quite a but more confidence on track :)

Z4 Coupe
Fantastic to see my old baby being treated with the love and respect it deserves. I'd never have sold her if it wasn't for buying a house at the time. The car looks epic Joe. Far better than I could ever have taken it, credit to you!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Fantastic to see my old baby being treated with the love and respect it deserves. I'd never have sold her if it wasn't for buying a house at the time. The car looks epic Joe. Far better than I could ever have taken it, credit to you!
Thanks Andy. Like Ash said, that really is a nice comment. The car was stunning when I bought it, so that's a credit to you mate.