ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joe's 182 semi lemon

Been quiet on the Clio front, I put the original wheel back on. I loved the sabelt but driving gloves... and its a daily.
Given it a good clean for the first time in 1200 miles. In a couple of weeks its getting a full paint correction.

I still have a really odd issue when setting off after start up, its hesistent and backfires but after a few seconds its fine.
1b766f0d90b322131628cac5c036d3d2.jpg
6a727e5fca481b25cc27ab3674db70de.jpg
df2c723e314276b3764113c8d6e546dd.jpg
bd459a08e5b7ca953a2ecae58eb3067e.jpg
d07fa8676b145d4164b12152664099bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Saw your post about struggling to get the PMS dampener to not clash. I had the same issue, the solution I found was to attach it where the linkage bends up. There was no way I could get it to fit where their instructions said.

Attachments

• 20170430_184013.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
Saw your post about struggling to get the PMS dampener to not clash. I had the same issue, the solution I found was to attach it where the linkage bends up. There was no way I could get it to fit where their instructions said.
Thanks! I'll give that a go. Couldnt even get it close to fitting where the instructions said

Been doing a paint correction on the Clio, would have full pictures but a Glue and Tar remover damaged a headlight ...

Anyway, what an amazing colour Arctic Blue is
a862b6fb63d499a008d05ea46f3c414c.jpg

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Joe,
The hesitation from a cold start is the pre cat lambda starting to fail, it doesn't always show a code straight away.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
exactly should be a nice steady wave in graph form or switching from roughly 50mv to 600mv in voltage figures

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
if it makes you feel any better im having the EXACT same rough running/ start problem.
so far iv done-
new NGK plugs
New OE coil and leads
new NGK pre lambda
cleaned map and throttle body

not sure where to start next really.
if you get to the bottom of it please let me know and ill do the same bud @Joe Smart

if it makes you feel any better im having the EXACT same rough running/ start problem.
so far iv done-
new NGK plugs
New OE coil and leads
new NGK pre lambda
cleaned map and throttle body

not sure where to start next really.
if you get to the bottom of it please let me know and ill do the same bud @Joe Smart
Will do, ive had all the above plus an Injector that sorted another misfire.
I'll let you know if I ever fix it

what's the coolant temp sensor reading in live data as these can have the same symptoms
Just tested the car again today, I got both lambdas and the coolant temp on.
Coolant temp looks fine but the 1st Lambda didnt change from 0.410 for a good 10 seconds. Going to change it

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Just tested the car again today, I got both lambdas and the coolant temp on.
Coolant temp looks fine but the 1st Lambda didnt change from 0.410 for a good 10 seconds. Going to change it

out of interest what are you using to read the data? iv found using torque on my old spare android phone it tends to lag abit as the phone doesn't keep up to speed very well.
iv changed my pre cat lambda and it made no differance to my idle issue as i was having simlar reading to you, fingers crossed it sorts yours out though bud

out of interest what are you using to read the data? iv found using torque on my old spare android phone it tends to lag abit as the phone doesn't keep up to speed very well.
iv changed my pre cat lambda and it made no differance to my idle issue as i was having simlar reading to you, fingers crossed it sorts yours out though bud
The other day was an auto electrician with his kit. Today was an omnitech as the delphi doesn't get on with the clio

Again, been fairly boring. I'm pretty happy with where the Clio is at now. I've fixed all of the problems it had when I bought it.

I changed the gearbox oil yesterday, honestly don't think I've ever seen gearbox oil come out that colour.

Still having the first set off problem which I will fix but its not really bothering me too much.
Got a pair of front shocks to put on at some point just to refresh them really.

I'm now at that point (i feel) where its in the middle of daily/track car. I never wanted it to go too far because at the end of the day it is my daily.

Some new genuine front shocks have gone on today. Planning to get some rears to, after that I think I'm going to go down the polybush route on everything.
The car is now starting to lean more towards track/autosolo than daily.
I think I'll be looking for a daily soon and look at stripping the interior and maybe go for a cage and harnesses.
ba8c9326f25c55d595d29ccfe380fdbe.jpg
14c6ab3321024983f8a69f68a64cd0b9.jpg

Renault Twingo 133
Have you fixed the cold set of problem? Mine does it (bogs, not revving above 2k etc) for about a quarter/half of a mile before being perfectly fine..

Also, how do you rate the sparco sprint? Been looking at one recently. How did you mount it?

Like the car btw!

Have you fixed the cold set of problem? Mine does it (bogs, not revving above 2k etc) for about a quarter/half of a mile before being perfectly fine..

Also, how do you rate the sparco sprint? Been looking at one recently. How did you mount it?

Like the car btw!
Thanks!
I havnt gotten the the bottom of it yet, I'll post if I do though!

Renault Twingo 133
Thanks!
I havnt gotten the the bottom of it yet, I'll post if I do though!

Bummer... pre cat lambda turned out to be fine? Most people recommend this but want some certainty before spending €80,- Also, how about the seats?:)^

Bummer... pre cat lambda turned out to be fine? Most people recommend this but want some certainty before spending €80,- Also, how about the seats?:)^
Ive had it tested and checked it myself and it appears fine.

The seat is ace, dead comfortable too. Done a couple of 5 hour drives in fairly good comfort and no back ache.

Renault Twingo 133
Ive had it tested and checked it myself and it appears fine.

The seat is ace, dead comfortable too. Done a couple of 5 hour drives in fairly good comfort and no back ache.

Hmmmm odd...

Good! Ive been looking for a good seat that isn't 1k haha. What did you use to mount it? It comes with side mounts I guess but what subframes? Also, it the seating position any better than oem?

Thanks in advance:) these threads give me some nice ideas on what to do to my RB ph2 172

Renault Twingo 133
Steering wheel in and cruise control buttons sorted.
Car is 2 weeks overdue a clean!
a74192438e26e23bc9c90c0101926eab.jpg

Looks great! How is the pms shifter for daily driving?

Does the wheel/boss bring it any closer? Fitting it should be do able, right:)

Looks great! How is the pms shifter for daily driving?

Does the wheel/boss bring it any closer? Fitting it should be do able, right:)
The Sabelt isnt on anymore but it was really nice, probably one of the the mods but the suede/alacantra is a pain for daily driving.
The seat has side mounts with an omp subframe, its in a really good position.

The PMS shifter is amazing, I have the dampner kit to reduce the cruising vibration (a must if its a daily). Theres no real downside to it other than the dent in your wallet.

Renault Twingo 133
The Sabelt isnt on anymore but it was really nice, probably one of the the mods but the suede/alacantra is a pain for daily driving.
The seat has side mounts with an omp subframe, its in a really good position.

The PMS shifter is amazing, I have the dampner kit to reduce the cruising vibration (a must if its a daily). Theres no real downside to it other than the dent in your wallet.

So a nice leather omp one would be better? How much does the boss closen it to you?

Just a standard slideable omp frame? Also, should I get the normal or large? Decently big guy*

Your interiour does look really good tbh. Wasn't a fan of the pms till now but it does look good. I wasn't aware they did a dampner kit? Do they sell it themselves.

Sorry for bombarding you with a million questions..

So a nice leather omp one would be better? How much does the boss closen it to you?

Just a standard slideable omp frame?

Your interiour does look really good tbh. Wasn't a fan of the pms till now but it does look good. I wasn't aware they did a dampner kit? Do they sell it themselves.

Sorry for bombarding you with a million questions..
Omp: for a daily yes, prevents the need for driving gloves. I dont think it brings it that much closer to you, maybe in inch or so.

Its a solid un adjustable frame.

Pms sell the dampner, I think its £25.00 ish.

Not a problem at all

Its been very quiet on the Clio front. I've just been offered a new job and will be traveling to and from work a lot further than I am now. I thought about picking up a second car for work with the clio being somewhat uncomfortable as a daily. I looked at all sorts, Meganes, Fabia VRS, BMW 5 series and such, I've come to the decision to make the clio more comfortable and just use the Clio.

Over the next months the original seat is going back in, Im going to replace the passenger window regulator, refit the original seat and find some better speakers to replace the current ones as they're pants.

Cosmetically I've picked up some heko wind deflectors and I'm having the front bumper re painted and the washer holes smoothed. I've also picked up thre twingo Renault Sport badge to cover over the Clio holes.

So yesterday i put the standard seat back in, so much more comfortable.
Gave it a good clean for the first time in a few weeks, needs a fresh coat of wax. I picked up some Polishing Booth #1 so I'll try that out.

Wind deflectors went on today.

I ordered some speakers since the fitted ones were pants, went to fit the drivers front and it wasn't even plugged in!!
The passenger side doesn't work either, going to get it sorted over the next day or two, explains why it sounds pants.
1466131d80001d7236516812a0fbc8e1.jpg
bac46da4a18c761fdd79a1a91283a166.jpg

Been an annoying week, I've just moved house and within 2 days some little cherubs smashed a toy next to my car and dented the bonnet rather badly.

I've had front and rear dash cams installed, if anything happens again I should know about it.

I put on the new renault sport badge this morning, I'll be damned if i could get it to fit over the 2 holes!
5a4adacc90db83aa192f13328dc0316c.jpg
de72a33f57b4a02fc81d941f86946a51.jpg
5943a3293d0dfec5074eaca1ce8b50b4.jpg
e7e914c86a3162894c30c14474bf71a1.jpg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I like the dash cam. I absolutely hate the ones that look like a camera. See some really expensive cars with them in and it looks really tacky.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I like the dash cam. I absolutely hate the ones that look like a camera. See some really expensive cars with them in and it looks really tacky.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Its really nice, has loads of options and the rear camera is hardly noticable. Its the thinkware f770 if you're interested.

Seriously boring day, battery has started going a bit duff. Put a new one in for peace of mind. Also ordered a ns window reg to fix that.
f51bd9f466b8a07634903cde2f226be6.jpg