ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS Group N Remap - £135 ...

Black Ph2 172
... seems really good value, is it worth it? where are they based and do we get a CS members discount?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Same as the RStuner remap. so you need to decide weather you would want to fiddle with it again or not.

Mini Clubman
i would recommend yeah. james and tom are top lads and will sort u out anything you need. i shall be using them again for bucket seats and a coilover set up.

BMW M5 & E36
£160 to buy a complete RSTuner kit for yourself, then you'd have diagnostics and be able to change maps until your heart's content.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
This is a good price for someone not wanting to shell out for all the kit and risk cocking things up.

If you can find someone willing to do it for less then go right ahead...but James definitely knows what he is doing so you are buying his knowledge and technical backup as well as the remap.

340i
you would have to be a complete monkey to mess the uploading of a file...

yes there is a VERY slim change you could bugger the car up, that is where liability insurance would come in I suppose

All IMO of course ;)

The cost of a new license is 39 euro last time I checked.. I have loaded / diagnosed 6 local members car with no problems at all. The whole process takes around 30 mintues

M2 Competition
you would have to be a complete monkey to mess the uploading of a file...

yes there is a VERY slim change you could bugger the car up, that is where liability insurance would come in I suppose

All IMO of course ;)

The cost of a new license is 39 euro last time I checked.. I have loaded / diagnosed 6 local members car with no problems at all. The whole process takes around 30 mintues

You could say this about any business though.

Exhausts - just a few pipes, how can people charge 400 quid for them?

Wheels - probably cost pennies to make, 600 quid for 4?

But everyone has opinions. I think the point is Jms charge a fraction of what other businesses do, for the same service. Seem to have a lot of good feedback too.

340i
You could say this about any business though.

Exhausts - just a few pipes, how can people charge 400 quid for them? - R&D / initial production work... some projects can cost thousands before one unit is produced.

Wheels - probably cost pennies to make, 600 quid for 4? - casting, machine time, marketing, advertising, packaging, shipping, plus the company needs to make a nice little profit.

But everyone has opinions. I think the point is Jms charge a fraction of what other businesses do, for the same service. Seem to have a lot of good feedback too.

From my point of view, JMS are simply redistributing a piece of software that was designed and essentially maintained by Henk...

No R&D or other costings for JMS, can they offer technical back up for the installed software without contacting Henk?

All IMO of course, I really have not got time for all these "tuner battles" ;)

Good inititve by the lads who have started the company, offering this service costs them nothing to maintain... expect for the 39euro license fee, which I imagine they have negotiated ;) I did when 4 licenses where required at once.

M2 Competition
Good inititve by the lads who have started the company, offering this service costs them nothing to maintain... expect for the 39euro license fee, which I imagine they have negotiated ;) I did when 4 licenses where required at once.

If you dont have time for a tuner battle, why type all that putting someone down?

I sense a bit of jealousy as its not you doing it ;)

A product is worth what someone is willing to pay... they have customers willing to pay that for it, so its worth that much.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
This does seem to be the case with much of the critics aiming shots at JMS recently.
Jealousy of someone making a go of an idea they haven't taken on themselves.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
The cheapest way to get a map is to buy a Rstuner, do the map, unlock the rstuner then sell it on.

But the diagnostics check is very useful.

As Gray says it is a clever and profitable way to sell maps, personally suprised fastchip dont charge more for the license fee.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
So really JMS should do us CS members a good group buy ;-) say £80 each?!

If your happy to have no cover in the event there was a problem, getting an ECU re-flashed/purchesed is not cheap, all has to be put into the price, if your happy to do it your self fastchip will sell you the kit :) we offer the service for those that have no interest in doing it them selfs in the event there was to be a problem, it doesnt take alot to ruin an ECU when re-flashing it

James

03 clio 172
This does seem to be the case with much of the critics aiming shots at JMS recently.
Jealousy of someone making a go of an idea they haven't taken on themselves.

I agree with Ollie, why are so many people having a dig at them. I had work done by them a week ago which to be fair I could do myself but could not be arsed and the price they quoted me for the work was far cheaper than anyone else and the service that I recieved puts some of the bigger guys to shame.
I say fair play to they guys starting up a business and doing all the smaller jobs that we dont want to do and making some money in the process. There customer base is forever growing and they are now moving to a bigger premises. That alone must say something about the work and the prices they charge.

I'm a big supporter of the little guys, offering a better price than bigger places and more often than not a better standard of work. Keep up the good work guys :)

Compare 135 with some of the other tuners who offer the same thing it is cheap.

340i
I sense a bit of jealousy as its not you doing it ;)

haha

no no no... Not at all!

Most people on here are decent enough and pretty friendly, I rarely take things seriously on CS ;)

There should be a few more people advertising there help/services!

I am always willing to lend a hand for fellow members, I was under a 172 for 2hrs yesterday trying to diagnose a problem LOL!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
TBH, what JMS are offering sounds ideal to me. I would like the option to carry on tuning of the RS-Tuner, but don't have a laptop and not particularly great when it comes to IT. So having the benefits of an RS-Tuner and not having to do it myself, and not having the costs of other tuners re-maps sounds fantastic.

It's made me think about buying an RS-Tuner and getting these guys to sort it all out for me, at least I can go back to them for updates and I still get a proffessional service and not me monkeying about with it.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
I do this for north east members for £100 a pop, pm me if your interested :)

Carl

340i
I will do the service for any Midlands members who are interested...

Or if they simply want to use the dialogue function to pick up any fault codes

Clio 172
I will do the service for any Midlands members who are interested...

Or if they simply want to use the dialogue function to pick up any fault codes

Hi Mate, i know this is a very old post but wondered if you still had the remap software?

Thanks
Mat

renault clio cup 172
hi to everyone,this week i had my clio cup 172 , mapped by jame,s off stone automotive,what a difference it has made,better cold starting. better throttle response,also a lot smoother ride,above all customer service was superb,i would not hesitate to use him again even though he is app 100 mile,s away

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
hi to everyone,this week i had my clio cup 172 , mapped by jame,s off stone automotive,what a difference it has made,better cold starting. better throttle response,also a lot smoother ride,above all customer service was superb,i would not hesitate to use him again even though he is app 100 mile,s away

Thanks for the feedback Ray :star: