ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS 182 Racecar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
FFS. I dont come on CS for one evening & WW3 breaks out.

If you're using ITB's, can i have your RS2 for development purposes? Ie whether it will still do 190bhp on a car with 172k miles on it ...

xx

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Good stuff, good reply/explanation. Does make sense put that way! Can't argue with using TDF for the electronics, there's no-one down your way with that sort of ecu expertise/set-up for the Clio's.

Ollie's Silver Cup
I'm fairly certain, whichever way you decide to go with this, you'll see good results, Tom. :approve:

The RS2 being implemented with a Jenvey throttle body is a nice idea and one that interests me, however, I understand and appreciate the reasons as to why you would go down the ITB route with it too.

Good luck with the build, prep and racing. :cool:

53 Clio 172
I'm fairly certain, whichever way you decide to go with this, you'll see good results, Tom. :approve:

The RS2 being implemented with a Jenvey throttle body is a nice idea and one that interests me, however, I understand and appreciate the reasons as to why you would go down the ITB route with it too.

Good luck with the build, prep and racing. :cool:

ditto.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
As nice as having your own products is on a racecar, understanding the balance between creating a car to win races and creating advertising for the business is crucial. You are clear with what your inlet is, and when chasing every minute bhp gain fitting an unknown quantity can be a bit of an advertising fail if you come last... most likely 99% of a high spec racecar is unsuitable to 99% of your customer base!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Just read all of the last few pages.

I can understand why you have gone for ITB over your RS2.

So as your having a new dash and loom are you going to fully ditch the standard loom and have a new one made just to run the parts you need. I have removed every loom from my 182 and they weight loads. So having a new loom will deffently save you lots of weight and also make everything look a lot nearter.

Also as your going for ITB's now are you going to get a smaller Rad like i have to aid the cool air flow to the ITB's?

So as your having a new dash and loom are you going to fully ditch the standard loom and have a new one made just to run the parts you need. I have removed every loom from my 182 and they weight loads. So having a new loom will deffently save you lots of weight and also make everything look a lot nearter.

Also as your going for ITB's now are you going to get a smaller Rad like i have to aid the cool air flow to the ITB's?

Yes, Matt has put together a design for a loom that services our needs. We did start trimming back the stock loom originally but it soon became apparent that it was not a viable option as there is so much within it that is no longer needed! It would quickly prove overly complex, and probably not very reliable. It will effectively be the loom, ECU and a serial/CAN adapter for the dash 2. All of the secondary bits and pieces such as the rain lights etc will be wired from a 12v feed through a switch box.

Rad wise I am using the core from a 2010 transit van, with a small alloy outer frame fabricated onto it. Behind that will sit the two 10" slim fans on a set of brackets. It's nice and wide, but only sits at about 14" high giving a suitable area above for the filter etc.

182cup & 172 racecar
I doubt you will need two fans,it's not as if your sat in traffic for two hours.We actually ran the car at Silverstone without a fan(it fell off after an off in qualy) and had no problem at all.

Evo 5 RS
Really doubt it also, Mines the same size with a single fan, only ever a problem if like Tony says you're just hanging about..something your car isn't going to be doing? ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yes, Matt has put together a design for a loom that services our needs. We did start trimming back the stock loom originally but it soon became apparent that it was not a viable option as there is so much within it that is no longer needed! It would quickly prove overly complex, and probably not very reliable. It will effectively be the loom, ECU and a serial/CAN adapter for the dash 2. All of the secondary bits and pieces such as the rain lights etc will be wired from a 12v feed through a switch box.

Rad wise I am using the core from a 2010 transit van, with a small alloy outer frame fabricated onto it. Behind that will sit the two 10" slim fans on a set of brackets. It's nice and wide, but only sits at about 14" high giving a suitable area above for the filter etc.

The loom should look great then, I did want somone like Matt to sort me a new loom but thought i'd try making the standrad rubbish look good first and then go from there. My standrad engine loom is now locacted inside the car and the only things that are going into the engine bay are the wires that really need to, Like the Lights, Fan, alternator and gearbox sensor. So all fuses, relays, ECU's are in the car. Also I've stripped my old OMEX loom apart and am building a new one so the omex is in the car too Hope it all works when i put it all back together this weekends.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Just a reminder that this car does still exist.....even if its still sat in the wrong sort of paddock...;)

33.JPG

TrackCar & F30 330d
So have you started your braided brake lines yet, I don't really know which fixings I need to fit into the brakes and cup bias valve!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Get those washers removed. As it's a race car you want it as light as poss and those thing are not needed now are they!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Get those washers removed. As it's a race car you want it as light as poss and those thing are not needed now are they!

I think that's probably a long way down the current 'to do' list but rest assured they won't be on there very long

After months of little activity apart from buying bits and pieces this evening I finally pulled the finger out and got on with the build.

Main aim was to get the engine out, loom binned, and all of the doors off.

39.jpg

Scrap engine & passenger compartment loom.

40.jpg

Picked up some tasty bits and bobs from Rsport, including a set of Cup car seats.

41.jpg

42.jpg

Wispa bar for anyone that can guess what the above is (other than Fred)

Couple of hours later:

43.jpg

44.jpg

49.jpg

Home time.

Next week I'll sort the rollcage out, windows, interior paint and start on the engine / gearbox work.

Status
Not open for further replies.