ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jerky when cold?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Just noticed this morning that gear changes are a bit jerky. It's only a short trip to work, but changing to second was the biggest jerk/jolt and into third a bit as well. Is this normal for driving around cold? I know my 206 was like this a bit as well but it was a common known problem...

Hadn't noticed it before when I was doing a lot of driving.

Megane R26, R21 Turbo
need to let it run a few minutes before leaving i think its the same with all of them it will start to get more noticeable as the weather gets colder

1998 BMW e46 323i
It's annoying 'cos passengers must think I can't drive my own car too well. It's the way it's mapped to meet emissions and stuff that causes it.

Clio 182
Mine's the same, propa bunnyhops up the road when I first drive it in the morning ... but now I've got me Yozza exhaust on it does like to pop well when it's cold so it isn't all bad :D not sure the neighbours think the same tho :rasp:

PH1 172
Yep bloody annoying this and even more so now it's getting colder. If I know I am doing a short trip where the car won't get a chance to warm through then I start the car up and leave it to idle for about 5mins before setting off

b/g 182, meg tourer
yep normal, when i was running my decat on the milltek system it popped and banged for the first minute or so. lol.

just leave the car running for a minute before you set off

clio 172 cup
i leave mine to idle for couple minutes 90% of the time but ive heard somewhere its not gd for the engine something to do with the oil?

Mk2 1.2 Campus
Just noticed this morning that gear changes are a bit jerky. It's only a short trip to work, but changing to second was the biggest jerk/jolt and into third a bit as well. Is this normal for driving around cold? I know my 206 was like this a bit as well but it was a common known problem...

Hadn't noticed it before when I was doing a lot of driving.

An extra layer of clothes should help eliminate shivering

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
This only seems to happen when i leave work. It's fine starting in the morning or evening. Really weird.