ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jenvey Turbo Plenum

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Right chaps obviously JMS have recently designed a nice intake system for the 1*2 which has given really good gains. However when looking on ebay the other day I came across this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Clio-Sport-17...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3efe9fcf34

Now I'm curious to see how this would perform against the JMS system? Obviously with it running a 70mm jenvey cable body it would be best fitted to a phase 1 172 otherwise people would have to ditch there drive by wire throttle body.

Has any body bought one of these yet? bearing in mind that when GDI offered the single throttle body conversion (using the 70mm jenvey body) on the stock inlet manifold they were getting great results as well.

Just curious thats all, I did consider fitting it to my car but unfortunatley it wont actually fit with my turbo kit due to the amount of intercooler pipework running around the engine bay.

Anyone got any views on this or experiences?

53 Clio's & counting
These have been on sale for a looooong time, but iv never seen one on a car yet which i find a little weird, but i suppose there are not many FI Clio's about?

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
TBH Russ it wouldn't fit on turbo conversion as that's where the intercooler pipework runs, however on a SC it should fit no probs and the fact it has a 70mm tb is equally appealing. The only thing is how well does it flow on a N/A setup compared to the standard inlet?

172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
The internals of that plenum will be designed based on forced induction rather than natural aspiration, the methods of channeling air into the throttle bodies is very different between the two.

It may well be worse than stock for n/a induction.

ITB BG 182
These have been on sale for a looooong time, but iv never seen one on a car yet which i find a little weird, but i suppose there are not many FI Clio's about?
Jenvey have done a throttle body type intake for people with turbo's, i seen one last week that they shown me in the factory, looks like an immense piece of kit. Yea its not for the clio's it was for the guy's car but he said he'd like to make one for the clio's aswell.

53 Clio's & counting
TBH Russ it wouldn't fit on turbo conversion as that's where the intercooler pipework runs, however on a SC it should fit no probs and the fact it has a 70mm tb is equally appealing. The only thing is how well does it flow on a N/A setup compared to the standard inlet?

Id say as said it wouldnt be as good as standard on a N/A set up due to the shape of the box, I believe JMS have got such good gains due to the development on the shape of the box, though on charged cars id say it should give a gain :)

172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
Depends on the intake setup inside, it could do a good job thats true, the box is mainly square sided so induction to cylinders 3 & 4 isnt optimised as on the JMS which guides air in towards the rear cylinders.

Like you say it may match stock but its no upgrade for N/A engines but it should offer gains in forced induction.

My views are that it is huge, both physically and volume speaking which makes it a very poor match for the engine capacity if used as an NA application. Physically getting it in the engine bay would also be a nightmare.

Jenvey state it's for the the F4R - but that is only because they have placed the F4R fitment base manifold on it, it's neither tailored for the engine / or designed to fit in the bay in reality.

I does however have a lovely slot feed system that would provide great balance for the cylinders - but as usual you'd need to loose a lot of 'stuff' from the forward engine compartment to fit it in.

More views:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=500391&highlight=jenvey+plenum

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Looking at it from a critical point of view you'd need the same style manifold as found in the JMS kit as it incorporates the injectors. Rather than the Jenvey which is a manifold, individual blocks for the injectors then the plenum in addition. I know people are stating that it wont flow as good as stock, but i'm not convinced by that Jenvey would produce a restrictive system, Toms coment about plenum volume could be an issue but again overall volume of stock inlets (both runners and plenum volume) vs the jenvey plenum with it's short direct runners would be interesting to see.

However it looks as physically long if not longer than ITB's which we all know requires a custom radiator and the slam panel removed, so there we have it, its a no go LOL

53 Clio's & counting
Looking at it from a critical point of view you'd need the same style manifold as found in the JMS kit as it incorporates the injectors. Rather than the Jenvey which is a manifold, individual blocks for the injectors then the plenum in addition. I know people are stating that it wont flow as good as stock, but i'm not convinced by that Jenvey would produce a restrictive system, Toms coment about plenum volume could be an issue but again overall volume of stock inlets (both runners and plenum volume) vs the jenvey plenum with it's short direct runners would be interesting to see.

However it looks as physically long if not longer than ITB's which we all know requires a custom radiator and the slam panel removed, so there we have it, its a no go LOL

Agreed there matey, i think with forced induction it would be good, but on an N/A set up I doubt you would see any gains.

I know people are stating that it wont flow as good as stock, but i'm not convinced by that Jenvey would produce a restrictive system, Toms coment about plenum volume could be an issue but again overall volume of stock inlets (both runners and plenum volume) vs the jenvey plenum with it's short direct runners would be interesting to see.

Jenvey do design good kits, but as stated in the description - this kit is designed for turbo applications where runner length & other air flow properties are very different to an NA application which can expierence standing waves / ossicaltions of low/high pressure if it is not designed correctly - signifcantly reducing output / per cyclinder balance.

On another topic I have been conversing over with a few members now - our kit can be boosted ;)

172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
I agree with russ, its not a problem with flow capability its just designed for forced induction, the design philosophy is different thats all.

Also the installation issues etc are probably the main killer but for someone with a turbo it would be a beast i expect.

Evo 5 RS
My views are that it is huge, both physically and volume speaking which makes it a very poor match for the engine capacity if used as an NA application. Physically getting it in the engine bay would also be a nightmare.

Jenvey state it's for the the F4R - but that is only because they have placed the F4R fitment base manifold on it, it's neither tailored for the engine / or designed to fit in the bay in reality.

I does however have a lovely slot feed system that would provide great balance for the cylinders - but as usual you'd need to loose a lot of 'stuff' from the forward engine compartment to fit it in.

More views:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=500391&highlight=jenvey+plenum

the size has been mentioned before apparently it's just not feasable

ValverInBits
Corr that's a niche market. 1*2 turbo owners with £1.2K to spend on an inlet manifold!

Not a chance.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
Corr that's a niche market. 1*2 turbo owners with £1.2K to spend on an inlet manifold!

Not a chance.
and for me personally id rather get a custom made one at half the price which probs does just as good if nto better job