ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jekyll's RB182 Progress Thread

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Just epic mate

Thanks D :smile:
Leave the inlet at that imo. The stripes. Ring coloured will look tacky, looks bob on there.

Yeah I am john. I felt it needed something to break it up being slightly lighter coloured than before. Maybe because it had red leads befire to break it up? But the sanded down lettering and stripes has broken it up without looking over the top. It also looks well with the silver underneath.

I shall keep it like this.

Looking tidy Mark. I wish I could find the time to do half those jobs! Might get to wash mine before csf.

Cheers mate. This was the only weekend I could do and I didn't plan on being in work 2 days over the weekend but hey ho.

Just got to looking the heater issue after work one night and then attempt to clean it on Thursday after work.

Bought some Poorboys products (I like the brand and works well for my needs as I'm not into detailing) so will give it a going over with them. Was going to use the mop again on the body but would rather do it by hand and perhaps mop it when I have more time later on.

Looks beautiful mate

Cheers Stef mate.

Looking great as usual Mark :smile:

Cheers Gareth.

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Forgot to add, I noticed my breather filter has dissapereard. Not sure how that's happened.

Unfortunately I need one quick and all that's available is cheaper ones or brand name ones but I'm not paying £20+ delivery for a brand name breather filter.

I've just ordered a motamec one, 13mm in cheap anodized red. It was either that or blue but I slightly preferred the red. It will come Wednesday so once it does, I'll spray the cap end black so it looks less tacky.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380576580982

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Thanks bud. Rest assured it's not mint but hopefully it'll look clean enough. CSF is nearly 3hrs away from us so time will tell!

Hopefully the poorboys world polish and nattys paste wax will do some wonders!

yea i did notice that this weekend when i looked where it was at! mine isn't the best it's ever looked! could really do with a couple of weeks work to sort it out not 4 nights after work ! Oh well hopefully it will get me there that's all that matters! i'm really looking forward to it!

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Cheers tom.

Fitted the ducts yet?

Not yet, although work did commence on them last night...

IMG_3898.JPG

I secured the mesh in place. I'll be honest I was lazy and didn't re-paint them but they look great so far. The ducting should turn up this week so hopefully this weekend I can get them all fitted.

CFAB

ClioSport Trader
  Cliosport 182 ff
Much better colour choice that, being lighter suits it well. I'm waiting on matched inlets and having them powdered same as me wheels to lift the bay slightly. Never stops does it.

Really need to meet up and go out in a b14'd clio before I take the leap and buy some.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I'm in the same boat mate.

I need to fix my heater issue, clean the wheel and get the car alignment done again in that time as the steering wheel is slightly off center.

@Cerrone
that heater issue looks a right pain in the arse to fix! i'd leave it and just put the window down when it's hot! Mine is at the garage today getting the alignment done! I knew i should of done it all last week! when are you heading
to csf?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Where did you get the AD08r's from Mark?

The guy i usually get mine off hasn't got any and i need some soon.

I got them from a chap named Ben Patey on FB. He owns a tyre company called M&B Tyres. I don't know him personally, I got recommended by a friend. He's friendly and informative. If your within a 50 mile radius it's free delivery. Not sure what it is after that but he's in Bracknell and it's 47 miles away from me.

They are £120 for the pair, obviously plus delivery which you'll need as your ooop north!

Much better colour choice that, being lighter suits it well. I'm waiting on matched inlets and having them powdered same as me wheels to lift the bay slightly. Never stops does it.

Really need to meet up and go out in a b14'd clio before I take the leap and buy some.

No it doesnt mate. And if if rest close, well sell and do it all again on another car!

Where are you based? If your local you can drive mine to see what the B14s are like?

that heater issue looks a right pain in the arse to fix! i'd leave it and just put the window down when it's hot! Mine is at the garage today getting the alignment done! I knew i should of done it all last week! when are you heading
to csf?

Tis a pain but the I sought a garage would know what it is and you'd have to pay for them to find out.

We are heading up there Friday but are staying in a hotel in Scunthorpe. We are camping Saturday night though, spiced rum in tow :)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I got them from a chap named Ben Patey on FB. He owns a tyre company called M&B Tyres. I don't know him personally, I got recommended by a friend. He's friendly and informative. If your within a 50 mile radius it's free delivery. Not sure what it is after that but he's in Bracknell and it's 47 miles away from me.

They are £120 for the pair, obviously plus delivery which you'll need as your ooop north!

Yeah that's who i use, but he's got none when i messaged him the other day.

Always been free delivery for me.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok, sorry then buddy.

He did a post the other day when I ordered mine that the courier was changing soon. I think it used to be free nationwide, but has now changed to a max of 50 miles from him.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Good update, fair few jobs ticked off the list there.

You bringing your camera to CSF Marky Mark?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Got a few more jobs ticked off.

Firstly my exhaust surround came from @mossyv6 so after work i took off my old temporary sprayed one and fitted its replacement.

35911284353_38a9135983_z.jpg

35885820584_ffe6e27f0b_z.jpg

35911285023_b0523e42fd_z.jpg

35911290353_7bf3c0aaf8_z.jpg

Thats not a scratch on the bumper, its dirt. Next up was the heater issue. I can now (thankfully) say its fixed and blows hot and cold. Learning from last time, i used these tools which turned out to be bliss! I'd definitely recommend getting a inspection torch and mini ratchet set!

36674391926_2862d42332_z.jpg

35911600703_858f7ae226_z.jpg

Onto the heater fixing process.

35885880844_48f254d8c3_z.jpg

I removed the 3x 6mm screws holding the heater motor plate on.

36581804101_3b25f8841e_z.jpg

35911485013_f1cc07058d_z.jpg

After a inspection, i thought the jubilee clip was to deep so i found these hose clips we had kicking around. I used a pair of long nose pliers to open it up and feed it onto the split spline outer.

36325449510_90b5d706cc_z.jpg

36720813505_3db95e9956_z.jpg

Size difference between the hose clip and the jubilee clip.

36551227572_41961d3be3_z.jpg

35886025494_0b7541389e_z.jpg

At this point i put it back together but was restricted still. Here's were i was fiddling with the heater and fans and found out what does what.

Basically the left "white star" does the direction on the fans and the right "black star" does the temperature. Clockwise on the black one does cold and anti-clockwise does hot. There is no inbetween when twisting it so its easy to set it right. I set the temperature on 16 degrees on the climate control panel and the fans facing towards the seat as it was easy to feel that way. This allowed me to get the "splines" lined up on the on the white star. I faced the black star downwards/clockwise so it pushed out cold air. This worked perfect now so i put the plate back on. Heres where i encountered another issue. The clip is too proud for the plate as it has a little lip. So i took a sander to the lip and flattened it down so the was no barrier now. This enabled me to get the splines lined up on the plate and push the plate back to its normal position. Worked a treat, fits fine and is fully clipped in place. You can see on the below pic of the plate and one barrier sanded down, the other not.

36720864915_fd7bb42bce_z.jpg

With that done, i fully refitted the plate back with the screws and all is good. You can take a blade to the barrier to cut away some excess to allow for the depth of the clip of your choice. Its only plastic so it'll be nice and easy. I had a belt sander nearby so it was quicker and easier for me to do that.

My breather filter turned up today. As expected, the anodized red looks pink and tacky. I had some Polaris grey left over so i taped up the filter section and painted the caps.

35907072714_43b92519e4_z.jpg

36694383986_b060e46586_z.jpg

I gave it a few coats of etch, polaris grey and lacquer and have left it overnight to harden. I will cut the breather pipe down and make a ally joiner to slide between the 2 for rigidness.

After work i had my wheel alignment adjusted as the steering wheel was ever so slightly off center. All good now :smile:

Lasty for tonight, i took off my sabelt wheel to give it a clean. I was filthy from work today and so was the wheel so i had a bath with it! The dirt that came off both was horrid! :mask:

35931981023_5c28501290_z.jpg

All cleaned up and refitted. I will use my missus car tomorrow for work so it can dry fully. I'll also finalise the breather filter pip and joiner and the breather filter to it.

36571667102_d20df48e88_z.jpg

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Most other places seem to be about £75 a tyre :confused:

Still not mega expensive, but seems annoying if your used to paying Ben's prices.

Good update, fair few jobs ticked off the list there.

You bringing your camera to CSF Marky Mark?

Yeah, im happy with the ticklist so far. More completed since, check above.

Yes i will bring my camera i think. Whys that bud? Wanna get some pics of yours?

That looks great Mark, you defo made the right choice with the Polaris grey and then with the sanding down of the lettering and stripes, looks very neat too where it's now shiney. VERY impressed :up::up:

Sums it up nicely! :cool:

Haha thanks Steve!

Are you coming CSF? Did i read that you maybe working or was that on about something else?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yep. The clips are at the back.

I will say that my temp one had only 2 side clips on so I had used double sided tape. It worked tbf but I wanted a proper one.

Renault have discontinued them now so second hand is the only option now.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
makes me realise how dirty my stabelt is! How did you clean it mate just leave it to soak or scrub it?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I used a nail brush and shower gel.

I ran the bath and let it soak in there while I bathed myself. You obviously don't need to do that!

Just let it soak a bit and you'll see all the dirt coming out. Then keep scrubbing with a soapy nail brush. Loads of grime will come out. It won't be perfect but a lot better.

I use mine everyday so mine will never be mint!

@Cerrone

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I definitely need to see to my heater control. Got in tonight and the display said 21 degrees so I set climate to 17 and got nothing but hot air. God damn to do list never gets any shorter [emoji16]

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
I do love your updates Mark. Always Eell written and packed with useful information.

However no more bath pics, not unless the misses is in them!!!!

I always enjoy reading your updates, seeing the little changes to the RB etc, then I scroll down to the bath photo! Jesus, didn't expect that :dizzy:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I read that post at half 11 last night on my phone and it took me way longer than it should to notice that your legs in that photo!

Yes i will bring my camera i think. Whys that bud? Wanna get some pics of yours?

Well, if you're at a loose end at anytime over the weekend then feel free to snap a few quick pics :D

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I think that's the most frightening thing I have ever seen on the internet...

I didn't even notice last night when I skimmed through the post but now...what has been seen, cannot be unseen :(