ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JDM Y0 - My new project **** PG36 - Breaking ****

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Re: JDM Y0 - My new project

From Civic Typr R site

ENGINE:
K20A Specification *
Peak Power Output (kW [ PS ] /rpm) - 158 [ 215 ] /8,000 *
Peak Torque Output (N m [ kg m ] /rpm) - 202 [ 20.6 ] /7,000 *

The JDM engine has an uprated engine containing JDM springs, valves, pistons
etc plus it does indeed have a smaller cat.
Different gear ratios and mapping in the Japanese car, along with a
different intake and exhaust manifolds as well.

212bhp as standard, but apparently some make very surprising figures.

Massively different in power compared to my UK one, and revving to like 9k as well! Insane!

Clio Sport 182

IMG_0867.jpg

To come -

Spoon N1 Back box

Not usually fussed on the pre facelifts but does look like a tidy example :)

I had a Spoon n1 modded to fit on my civic sport, loved the noise it made. Sounds wayyyyyyyyyy better on a type r tho.

Nice car :)

Trophy #490

I love these, hardly see any about too. I think I'd still have an EK9 over one though!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

Like this. Is it hugely noticable performance wise over a uk one? Been tempted to get one a few times

Absolutley love this!

Always had a soft spot after my step mum had one, she got bored and supercharged it though! Love the driving position and how the gear lever is mounted. She had a buddy club exhaust on hers, oh my days it was loud!

I don't think living in the same town as Buddy Club helped her bank account.

How expensive compared to Renaults £40-£50 for the new style R.S badge if you don't mind me asking?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

Make sure you fit the badge in the right place! I've seen a fair few f**k ups.

N1s are ridiculously loud for what they are. I saw a lad fail noise limits at Oulton, I'm sure he just had a backbox lol.

Does the JDM come with a DC5 flywheel too?

Evo 5 RS

ooo, I've only just spotted this, only read OP but definitely plus points over your original one mate. Looks great in white.

Make sure you fit the badge in the right place! I've seen a fair few f**k ups.

N1s are ridiculously loud for what they are. I saw a lad fail noise limits at Oulton, I'm sure he just had a backbox lol.

Does the JDM come with a DC5 flywheel too?

It has a chrome-moly flywheel

Fiesta ST Stage 3

This has made up my mind . Will be getting a EP3 type R now ( Not a JDM one :dapprove: )

Ben how did you rate your EP3 as a daily drive ???

Alan

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

I am tempted to try one, just cant bring myself to sell mine.

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Ah good off to look at a silver one in Bournemouth at the weekend and a black one on Sunday .

Anything to look out for bar the second gear when cold and steering rack pulling to one side ?

Alan

Absolutely fine mate. They are quite happy pottering around in 6th gear :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

Ah good off to look at a silver one in Bournemouth at the weekend and a black one on Sunday .

Anything to look out for bar the second gear when cold and steering rack pulling to one side ?

Alan

Lol you dont hang around

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

How do you find it as a direct comparison to the clio? Assuming you had one prior to the previous type r's?

Difficult to compare against the clio as that was stripped and on ITB's

TypeR is nuts top speed, had it at 8.5k in 6th gear the other night and was still pulling. But the JDM has a shorter gearbox ratio.

Clio was faster up to 100 easily, a UKDM type r will handle better with a few choice mods, and independant rear suspension also feels awesome.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

Ah okay. Got mates with one but havent really driven it long enough to give it a fair comparison.

Its the law to have one in the car in Japan - Translation is abit iffy but you get the idea -

Due to Japanese traffic regulations, every Japanese car needs to have an ‘emergency flare’. This is basically a piece of firework that can be ignited the way you lit a match.

You use this flare when you are in an accident or when your car broke down next to a road. You lit the flare and place it on the ground a few metres away from your car. It will burn for about an hour and gives you enough visibility for other traffic users.

I had the bracket but no flare, so as i want it back to O/E i need to get one :)

TTRS & V50

Clio was faster up to 100 easily, a UKDM type r will handle better with a few choice mods, and independant rear suspension also feels awesome.

Your ITB'd clio I'm assuming, not standard ?

JDM is nice, but I can't get over how dated the front end is. I'll keep looking for that cosmic.

MINI-R32-integrale

Nice car, I have a Cosmic Grey Premier model, though was tempted by the JDM model to get the Torsen LSD as standard, this is why the steering feels different. But could only find one very overpriced face lift JDM for sale as I prefer it to the pre facelift car.

I believe the steering comes in for more criticism than is deserved, it's a quick accurate rack with a nice weight that's sensitive to tracking as it runs little caster, therefore the toe & camber are critical to preserve the feel getting through. Supposedly Honda addressed the issue by recalibrating the steering on facelifts as well as fitting the JDM flywheel on UK cars, shame they didn't go whole hog and fit the LSD.

Yes a hydraulic rack can offer more feel but then drive an older car with our assistance & you get even more but often at the expense of quickness as too quick a rack makes the car hard to manoeuvre at low speeds.

F82 M4

LOL. Well, thought I would just share with you being a fellow CTR owner but nevermind then.

GL with the JDM. Looks ace.

F82 M4

Haha ok mate fair enough, not sure why I posted now. Suppose I just thought you would appreciate a modded CTR with you owning a JDM that's all. :cool:

I'd love a JDM but insurance is a killer, yours looks absolutely fantastic. Don't think I've seen an interior that clean on one before! With you owning a EDM CTR before does the LSD on the JDM make a massive difference?

F82 M4

Yes that's me mate :)

You can blame JimWu on here for the lack of photos! They're in the boot of his P1 but he's gone and blown the crank on it so it's in the garage. I need to go down and get them out lol :cool: