ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JDM Y0 - My new project **** PG36 - Breaking ****

So for those that havent seen my other thread, this is what happened to my 30th Anniversary -

Little accident in Germany meant a Cat C write off

SS100967.jpg

So with the pay out, and abit of cash i got together i went on the look out for a JDM type r, as i wanted something again abit different and even more rare than the 30th anniverary.

Spotted this one in Glasgow, chatted to the seller for a good 2 weeks and flew there to collect/inspect it.

Bought it there and then, and drove home. I knew it needed a little tidying up but i got it for a reasonable price so was happy with this.

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

Today has been spent cleaning the interior and re-fitting the O/E airbox while i wait for a replacement CAI ;)

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

Interior is mint, looks a bit white on the pics for some reason :S

On order-

New genuine typeR rear badge
New genuine JDM rear UK flag
Genuine JDM flare
New genuine lowere central silver dash part with O/E rubber boot and new gear knob

To come -

Big service on thursday
Spoon N1 Back box
Spoon B pipe
Tegiwa/gruppe M induction kit
Sort out ride height
New cam cover
New OEM orange side repeaters - They look better than the smoked ones currently on!

C+C Welcome

Last edited:
  Never above 25mpg
Re: JDM Y0 - My new project

Nice that. Can't believe your crashed one was only a CAT C!?

Has your insurance gone up because it's an import?

i never knew you had the issue in germany, what happened?

the new car is lovely. so clean inside too!

That's really nice mate, id be very happy with that. The interior does looks in great condition.

Your plans sound good, i wouldnt get hung up on the GM vs Tegiwa. The Tegiwa is made of carbon and does exactly the same job as the GM, if a second hand GM comes up then fair enough.

I would have to do something about the rear fog light, you can put it in one of the rear clusters, no? Also, id have to alter the front bumper, i just dont like the pre-facelift front end at all. Maybe a Mugen lip or something.

Is there enough space in the bay for a RBC inlet? If so, id whack one of them on, really is a good bolt on mod i found.

Other than that, perfect.

Yeh think ill just go tegiwa unless a second hand gruppe m comes up.

It doesnt really need an RBC, as it has a different designed inlet anyway compared to the UKDM :)

Yeh think ill just go tegiwa unless a second hand gruppe m comes up.

It doesnt really need an RBC, as it has a different designed inlet anyway compared to the UKDM :)

Ah, fair enough, it looks a very similar size tbh.

Mk5 golf gti

Nice. Would be perfect if it had the hydraulic rack

BMW F21 125d

Interior does look mint. LOL at the tip-ex on the speedo. It simply can't be accurate though ? Spoon exhausts are nice, but loud!

Ah, fair enough, it looks a very similar size tbh.
It seems abit longer than the UK one, but it's a definately different design which aids to the hike in power.

Interior does look mint. LOL at the tip-ex on the speedo. It simply can't be accurate though ? Spoon exhausts are nice, but loud!

I know, that's what happens to them all when they are imported, converted and then the K tipex'd out :)

Seems reasonably accurate but I wouldn't know 100%

Really liking these atm, could actually see myself owning one.

Do the facelift headlights slot in relatively easy?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

I'd rather have an ITG maxogen on it mate, the tegiwa does have a slight power increase over the maxogen but it doesn't create as much torque as the maxogen. Had first hand experience of it on my bro's type r. Tdi north said it had one of the strongest torque figures out of alot of the hondata'd ep3's with similar mods.

The next owner did the RBC manifold upgrade with the tegiwa and the car drove completely different, power shifted right to the top end of v-tec and wasnt as much fun to drive on the road compared to it with the normal manifold and itg

I'd rather have an ITG maxogen on it mate, the tegiwa does have a slight power increase over the maxogen but it doesn't create as much torque as the maxogen. Had first hand experience of it on my bro's type r. Tdi north said it had one of the strongest torque figures out of alot of the hondata'd ep3's with similar mods.

The next owner did the RBC manifold upgrade with the tegiwa and the car drove completely different, power shifted right to the top end of v-tec and wasnt as much fun to drive on the road compared to it with the normal manifold and itg

Maxogens don't get alot of press on the type r forum.

If I could id buy and ARC but they are as rare as rocking horse pooh!

it has HID's as standard with it being a JDM

Never knew that about them, as you guessed I was only wondering about facelift lights for HID purposes, in that case you're right keep it OEM looking.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Well worth trying the maxogen if you're planning on adding management and getting it mapped.

I've been hearing a bit of bad press about tdi north but not sure whether its true or not regarding their mapping etc

Fiesta ST Stage 3

How about the K & N Typhoon had one on my old ATR and the noise was amazing a lot cheeper that the other ones .

Megane r26

tegiwa stuff is good quality stuff, i know the lads from there personally, did a sprint day with them up curborough sprint course! to say my old 172 upset some of the honda boys would be a understatment haha

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

They still just clone genuine parts though. They are one of the better clones, however.

225 Cup & Williams

Really like that for some reason can't quite put my finger on why though. What power do these put out compared to the uk ones?

Really like that for some reason can't quite put my finger on why though. What power do these put out compared to the uk ones?

212bhp as standard, but apparently some make very surprising figures.

Massively different in power compared to my UK one, and revving to like 9k as well! Insane!

Really really like this! Will follow closely as I have a Vtec itch (amongst others)...

VRS

new car looks great ben, shame about the Anni but this one is a lovely replacement!

Are you still in Haslington? i will have to keep an eye out for the new motor in and around Crewe

RB One Eight Two

I wish my cousin had held out and got one of these. So rare!

Vectra

looks good , a really like the civic's not all that keen on the new ones a prefer the older ep3 , ive seen on different civic forums that the buddy club spec 2 exhaust system is meant to be one of the loudest you can get? but I dunno...the white looks mint just make sure ya keep it clean :p haha