ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jay Leno's garage

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Thread bump. Recently subscribed to his YT channel - and what a bloke he is. No pretentious crap - no fancy setups and surrounding armies of sycophants. Just him with his clear-to-see, infectious enthusiasm for cars. Definitely a bucket-list person I'd like to meet!

Anyways, anyone heard of one of these before? It was new to me - clearly following the Renault 5 Turbo idea, but with an American vibe. Only 7 made too. Dubious looks - even for the tail-end of the 1980's - but I bet it's a bag of fun to drive. :smiley:

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
I must have watched nearly every video on his channel by far, proper enthusiast and i like the way he isn't scared to modify and modernize vintage cars to make them usable on a regular basis.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Watched that Ford Shogun video a couple of weeks back, what a weapon! Watched this one last night, I for one love it!

182 arctic
so much better that that t**t clarkson to watch... Jays a true enthusiast... and full of compliments for the good parts.. even when some of the cars he drives clearly have a few issues, he always appreciates,is respectful and highlights the good areas...
what a garage this guy has..... some cracking videos on his you tube feed..

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
What I liked about the Ford Shogun video above is he purely did it due to demand, it's in the background of loads of videos and even I wondered what it was, so due to the questions he did the video.
I enjoy when he reviews proper mental over the top motors, like the dual-engined Mini, his face when driving it is a picture!

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
I'm also a fan of his YT shows.Down to the nitty gritty, BS free reporting, with the occasional one-liner thrown in. He was a mechanic, pre showbiz career, he knows cars:so unlike the two generations of TG clowns

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm also a fan of his YT shows.Down to the nitty gritty, BS free reporting, with the occasional one-liner thrown in. He was a mechanic, pre showbiz career, he knows cars:confused:o unlike the two generations of TG clowns

Exactly. You get the impression that turning up to his pad in a 1979 s**t-brown Austin Maxi, would still spark his interest. It has a motor. And wheels = he's onboard.