ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

January - March...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Some decent games arriving in the next few months, it seems :

January
Bayonetta (Xbox360 & PS3)
Army of Two : 40th Day (XBox360, PS3)
Mass Effect 2 (XBox360 & PC)
MAG (PS3)

February
Dante's Inferno (XBox360 & PS3)
Bioshock 2 (XBox360, PS3 & PC)
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Alien vs Predator (XBox360 & PS3)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell : Conviction (XBox360 & PC)
MX vs MTV Reflex (XBox360, PS3 & PC)
Lego Harry Potter (XBox360, PS3, Wii, NDS, PSP)
Napoleon : Total War (PC)
Blur (XBox360, PS3 & PC)
Singularity (XBox360, PS3 & PC)
Dead Rising 2 (XBox360 & PS3)

March
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Battlefield : Bad Company 2 (XBox360 & PS3)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 4 (XBox360, PS3 & PC)
Final Fantasy XIII (XBox360 & PS3)
Warhammer 40000: Dawn Of War II - Chaos Rising (2) (PC)
Alpha Protocol: The Espionage RPG (XBox360, PS3 & PC)
God of War III (PS3)
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight (PC)
Just Cause 2 (XBox360 & PS3)
Metal Gear Solid : Rising (XBox360)
Split/Second (XBox360)
Metro 2033 (XBox360)
Crysis 2 (XBox360 & PS3)

TBC
Mario Galaxy 2 (rumoured to be February)
Gran Turismo 5 (rumoured to be any time from March - December)
Halo : Reach (September)
Shadow Complex 2
Football Manager 2011 (September/October)
Fifa 2011 (October/November)
PES 2011 (October/November)

Add to those, countless DLC's for current games, including two for Assassin's Creed II hopefully this month, as well as many add-on's and XBL and PSN exclusives. Another expensive year for gaming! :cool:

1.8 Civic EX
Revised list to make your quote a little more accturate...

January

February

March

;) lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Revised list to make your quote a little more accturate...

January

February

March

;) lol

Well, quite. But saying that, God of War III, Crysis 2, Ghost Recon 4, Bad Company 2 and even Alien vs Predator won't be slouches in the quality department.

Then there's games I neglected to mention, such as Dead Space 2, which looks superb :cool:

Titanium 182
Been playing through Darksiders. I like it. Such a rip of other games though. Graphics look like World Of Warcraft and gameplay can be linked directly to N64 style legend of Zelda OOT & Devil may cry 4.

Downloaded the trailer for Dantes Inferno on XBL last night, will be getting that. Looks cool.

I can't wait to see how Crysis 2 unfolds graphically between the formats. I imagine it will have to look at least as good as the original and ideally better, but as the consoles are not capable of matching even the original graphics, I assume they must have written a pretty special engine.

Hopefully it'll spark off another 2+ years of waiting for hardware that can properly contain it. Or it'll be a watered down experience designed to run on the lowest common dominator. I'm hoping for the former.

Realistically, I imagine CryEngine 3 will look largely the same with some DX11 advantages, with the bulk of the changes being designed with the aim of making it run on consoles. Good times ahead. I'll get the credit card ready just in case.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I can't wait to see how Crysis 2 unfolds graphically between the formats. I imagine it will have to look at least as good as the original and ideally better, but as the consoles are not capable of matching even the original graphics, I assume they must have written a pretty special engine.

Hopefully it'll spark off another 2+ years of waiting for hardware that can properly contain it. Or it'll be a watered down experience designed to run on the lowest common dominator. I'm hoping for the former.

Realistically, I imagine CryEngine 3 will look largely the same with some DX11 advantages, with the bulk of the changes being designed with the aim of making it run on consoles. Good times ahead. I'll get the credit card ready just in case.

I'm hoping for the former too, but we're likely to get the latter. I, for one, will be majorly pissed of they 'tone it down' for the console market. It will be like being handed the keys to a Ferrari 458 at an empty Nordschleife....... then being told you can use 1st and 2nd gears only.

Looking forward to Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 for the PC :)

Was never a fan of Starcraft - or even the original Warcraft. But Diablo was superb. I really have high hopes for D3. :)

D.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
bought bayonetta the other day - some weird stuff in it - very jap and a bit bizarre.

bit random too - but good in a weird way.

oh and she's kinna hot :)

Mondeo diesel barge
From your list Scutch, I'm looking forward to this lot

January
Bayonetta (PS3) - Bought it last week, very weird, standard Jap randomness, but pretty enjoyable. Have to agree Stodie, she's kinda hot ;)
Mass Effect 2 (PC) - Have this one pre-ordered. First one was probably the best game I've played in a long time.

February
Bioshock 2 (PC)
Heavy Rain (PS3) - Probably the most anticipated PS3 game for me
Alien vs Predator (PS3)
Dead Rising 2 (PS3)

March
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) - Not holding my breath for this being released anytime soon
Warhammer 40000: Dawn Of War II - Chaos Rising (2) (PC) - This first DOW2 was awesome, especially on co-op
God of War III (PS3)
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight (PC)
Crysis 2 (PC) - Hoping it's as stunning as the first and again push the graphics boundaries. But as it's been mainly developed for the consoles I'm not so sure.

3 expensive months coming up and still got a load of games to complete that I bought last year lol

January
February
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Alien vs Predator (XBox360 & PS3)
Lego Harry Potter (XBox360, PS3, Wii, NDS, PSP)
Singularity (XBox360, PS3 & PC)
March
Alpha Protocol: The Espionage RPG (XBox360, PS3 & PC)
God of War III (PS3)
Metro 2033 (XBox360)
Crysis 2 (XBox360 & PS3)
TBC
Halo : Reach (September)
Shadow Complex 2

I'll have a closer look at these , and Alan Wake.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Crysis 2 is going to be immense. No doubt that'll be the game that makes me go i7.

ditto, new GFX, i7 and SSD probably. Will probably allow me to play it in 800x600 ;)

I'm going to use my old setup as a media/home server and maybe buy an iMac 27" also.