ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Janspeed cat back?

BG 182 FF
I am thinking my 182 needs a bit more noise, dont want to go too loud like a yozza so have looked at the janspeed ktec offer. Has anybody got 1 or know weather they are any good?

cheers Joe

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I sell and fit a fair few of these. Did one yesterday actually. They fit really well and are nicely made. Fairly quiet, definitely the sensible sporty sounding but grown up choice

172 Cup
My bro had a janspeed on his trophy and it fit well and sound nice, sounded near enough standard when cold but once warm it had a nice tone ;)

I have one, the supersport I think?! (no silencer) The noise is reasonable, but not as nice as Scorpion or a Yoz.

The Yoz system is loud, but it is a nice noise, the Scorpion RS192 on my mates trophy makes a similar noise to the Ktec, but much louder (his is decat)

I like my system but I think I would like an RS192, never heard amazing things about the Janspeed systems.

Clio 182 inferno
Ive just had one fitted.
Sounds really nice, not over loud and suits the car nicely, both look and sound.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Without a de-cat the Yozza's aren't that loud at all, infact it was quieter than the RS192. And the sound is superb, although you can't buy "Yozza's" new anymore, K-Tec do the JP Exhaust (Same thing as the Yozza)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Last time I experienced a janspeed exhaust was in 1995 on my brothers 1.3 SR. It sounded nice but I'm not entirely sure it's relevant.

Skoda fabia Vrs
Just bought a 182 the other day and it came with a scorpion exhaust on it. Looks brand new nearly and it makes a good noise but it's coming off. Standard exhaust expensive guys?

Cheers.

Just bought a 182 the other day and it came with a scorpion:dead: exhaust on it. Looks brand new nearly and it makes a good noise but it's coming off. Standard exhaust expensive guys?

Cheers.

Don't think you can get them new can you?! Made of chocolate anyway, fall to pieces! Swap for my janspeed????

I had a Janspeed supersport on my old 182.
Really decent quality, sounded nice without being ridiculous for when you just want to drive normally.
I didn't have any complaints :)

BG 182 FF
Thanks for the replys, had a decat tannabe system on my civic jordan, so had my fill of loud exhaust, will b getting janspeed with Christmas money :)

koi

Audi S1
I had the the Super Sports (straight through) but changed the centre to the silenced version last week. With the silenced centre it is very quiet, too quiet in fact so will probably end up putting the straight through back on once the weather clears up a bit.

I have the Supersports version with decat. It's pretty loud when giving it some beans. Infact, I personally think it sounds fantastic, especially once over 4k RPM. it's very droney at motorway speeds though so if doing regular long distances I'd go for the one with the silencer.

Titanium 182
I'm looking for a silenced Janspeed system atm - had a Yozzasport which I loved, but swapped it back to standard. In hindsight it was a mistake as I miss having a nice tone to the exhaust, but I felt like I was trying to be a complete hero driving through town as I'd been told it was pretty loud (although inside the cabin it wasn't THAT bad imo).

Fiesta ST200
Mine came with Milltek and a cat. Was very quiet. So I took the cat out and it didnt make a massive difference but a bit louder.

Ideally I would like a yozza decat. I like noise :p

EDIT: So if you would like something that only makes noise when your gunning it, Milltek is ideal :)

What sort of equipment we talking, sockets and spanners or more hardcore stuff like welding equipment

Unless youre welding your cat/decat to the catback then no. We used sockets and spanners from what I remember. Goggles are a good idea, there's a lot of s**t that drops off, and it can fall in your eyes, other than that it's quite easy really!

Fiesta ST200
It is a 2 man job no doubt. Just sockets and spanners. And a bit of elbow grease ;)

So one man to undo the bolts and one man to catch the things that fall down :p Helped my mate do his on a fiesta ST, and this was the case :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
That is an option, what other systems do you sell and how much would it be all in, cost of system plus fitting thnx Joe

cost depends if you need hangers etc at the same time (usually get them in just incase).

Piper and Janspeed are the 2 main ones that I really like and recommend for the 182. They fulfill different criteria and price-points but are both good. Can also get Supersprint, JP, KTR ultra, Miltek (not keen on these)