ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbreaking: A Guide... & Best Features.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I want to unjailbreak my phone and rejailbreak, im still on 3.0 (I have a 3GS) can i do this? Or should i update slightly (but not to the latest version) and if so, where can i get the software etc. I can't remember where i got the stuff to do it when i first got the phone

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
oh and a must have app imo is bitesms (its a paid app, you can get it free illegally though or so i'm told), basically makes it so when u get a txt message it pops up on the screen and u can read it and reply there and then, over your game or w/e is open and then carry on, without closing it down, opening messages etc.

Bumder With A Buffer
iBlueNova! A must have app from Cydia. It gives you full Bluetooth functionality on your iPhone. Send and receive any music, video, pictures etc. It is a paid app but worth it if you need the functionilty IMHO.

Cool! Finally!

I found an application too called ivideocamera. Allows you to do video on a normal 3G.

AK

M240i
Cool.

What does this mean;

One thing which is to be noted here is that it will work with iPhone 3GS only if it has the older bootrom (non-MC model). iPhone 3GS users who have upgraded to the stock 3.1.3 are still out of luck.

It's about sn0wbreeze...

182 Cup
All apps installed after jailbreak have disappeared on me, didn't update os so that hasn't caused it. Cydia and installous still there, any ideas??

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
For some reason when I install a new app now, it disappears when its finished installing and isn't on the phone anywhere if i SSH into it or turn the theme i have off, it shows up as installed in the app store though

Hyundai i40
Just JB my iphone last night, the connection is shite, cant get on anything today

back to the normal tonight i think

Girl at work has a Touch, was on 3.1.2, and only upgraded to 3.1.3 over the weekend.

Has now decided she wants to JB it, is this even possible now it's on 3.1.3?

i just got a replacement iphone (brand new) luckily it was on 3.1.2 so could unlock and jailbreak, only thing is, its this one where everytime its rebooted it has to be connected to the computer again to run blackra1n. looked about the usual sites but theres so much out there now on jb'n i thought id just ask on here in hope of a quicker answer. is there a way round the above problem at all?

cheers :)

Anybody heard anything about when we'll be able to JB the new model iPhone on 3.1.3? It's driving me crazy noT being JB :(

Cupra
Geohot has posted today that he has an untethered jailbreak for all current phones and firmware. Whether that is true or not, whether it actually works and when it will be released is yet to be seen.

Cupra
Some of the later models of the 3gs had to be plugged into a PC after rebooting them. You then had to run Blackrain to get them to start up again. This is called Tethered. The early models didn't have the problem.

SLK 350
Question:

My iPhone 3G is still on version 3.0 firmware. I want to update to version 3.1.3, but, I don't want it touching my baseband. I'm not fussed about jailbreaking, but I definitely don't want to lose unlocking ability.

iPhone is an original UK O2 phone, but I'm using other SIM's in it whilst travelling. I found this site RE custom firmwares (which seems the best way to maintain baseband).

http://www.iphoneheat.com/2010/02/download-iphone-custom-firmware-3-1-3-ipsw/

Can someone clarify if this is indeed the best option, or if I can update via iTunes then request an unlock from O2 on that site they have?

Finally, on the above link, I'd assume I'd choose the Activated firmware?

Thanks.

Cupra
You can use VMware to do it on a PC, you just end up running a virtual machine with Snow Leopard on it.

I tried somebody else's custom firmware and got a load of error messages in Cydia from the repositories that they had included, so found a way to make my own. The Pwnage tool from the Devteam is the way to go if you want 3.1.3 without upgrading your baseband.

SLK 350
Out of interest, if I was to upgrade via iTunes, am I still able to subsequently request an unlock code from O2?

If it wasn't for some of the pikey apps stipulating versions in their software I wouldn't have this issue.

[Thanks Andy]

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Is there not a list of essential or useful Cydia apps then? I'm after something that allows a quick reply of text that works over the top of the app your currently in. Any ideas?

AK

M240i
zedx19 said:
Is there not a list of essential or useful Cydia apps then? I'm after something that allows a quick reply of text that works over the top of the app your currently in. Any ideas?

Bitesms :cool:

Edit: or iPhone 4.0 :rasp:

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Bitesms seems awesome, thanks!!!

What other decent jailbreak apps are there? I've got a better Push Notification called Grip, Proswitcher and a nice simple theme called Matte UI.

Cupra
Flashlight - turns your screen on extra bright, better than the app store alternatives.

Miwi - turn your phone into a wifi hotspot. Also enables tethering.

Sbsettings - shortcuts to control all the phone settings (3G, push, gps etc)

ibluenova - full Bluetooth functionality.

Mxtube - save YouTube videos on your phone.

Call clear - remove single numbers from the call history. ;)

iblacklist - stops certain numbers from being able to reach you with loads of options.

5icon dock - does what it says on the tin.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i have a question for you gurus, i have installed blackrain rc3. i had 3.1.2, yes it's a tethered jb i am aware of this.

Q1: i've installed winterboard, then i installed matte ui, then i went to winterboard and selected matte ui and respringed. No change, any ideas why?

Q2: i've installed and paid for bitesms, however when a new txt come in, it just uses the regular sms app....can't seem to make it the default app (yes that option is turned on in the application settings) has anyone else has this?

Cupra
Q1 - Is the Matte UI theme at the top of the winterboard theme list? If not, drag it up there and it should work.

Q2 - No idea, sorry.