ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbreaking: A Guide... & Best Features.

Cupra
Spirit has had an update to stop it from deleting photos. Nothing can be done to get them back I don't think.

Cupra
Same as my sister. She was panicked that Apple might see that she is doing something naughty or something and wanted to put it back to normal. I think my list of Cydia apps to install freaked her out. :D

Fabia vrs tdi
Jb my phone with spirit went to do a backup and restore and it really went wrong - iPhone refused to turn on and would not fully restore so had to take it to apple today.

Apple just restored it on their mac easily but I lost everything, apple says it's prob a corrupt restore file and told me how to sort it but it could be the jb, they didn't seem suprised i had broke it they said it's happening alot over the last week.

Need to jb it again tonight, ak I didn't lose any pictures but I did download some app and I got reported to apple for having non legitimate app :-/

Fabia vrs tdi
Jb my phone again lol :-/

need an app that doesn't show who's texting on the lock screen, I was using bite SMS I might just get it again. Got sb settings, might change my lock screen.

Now it's jb AGAIN is there a way I can play the ministry of sound radio app through my car cd player but it's through the USB cable?

And how do I turn this thing into a modem?

Ta

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Or just go to mobile.spankwire.com

Much easier ;)

How can you watch there vids then? :p
mine just loads up with a page full of numbers, symbols and letters :S

what should I use to jailbreak my iPhone? It's a 3gs running 3.1.3

Iceberg Ph1
Cheers mate, will check it out now.
Did you back up all your stuff from your phone?
How do I do back everything up?

If you don't have jailbroken/cydia apps.. its as easy as plugging your phone into your PC and letting iTunes sync to it.. Once you JB, run iTunes and resync.. Done..

Although I am wondering if anyone knows of an app that can back my Cydia apps/themes onto my PC? If at all poss! Cheers

Fabia vrs tdi
Doesn't really slow down your 3gs, I barely notice any difference.

Just use spirit after you back up your iPhone.

Jb it would prob slow it down alot if you started downloading a few apps that were gonna constantly run in the background but I'm only using it for a few basic things to make the iPhone more user friendly

It will slow it down.

You couldn't even restore yours and had to go to Apple for help. You're hardly the best person to give advice! :p

Fabia vrs tdi
I know how to restore it, the restore file was corrupted,

ok if it slows it down to me I can't notice any difference, on my girlfriends 3g I can tell it's slower :)

I hopefully won't break it again lol

Clio 172 Cup
The_Gman said:
does it wipe any existing legit programs off the itouch/iphone? does i have to be done on a clean install/restore?

I must admit I have wondered this also

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Jailbroke mine yesterday and it's awesome being able to customize everything!
Dose anyone use a different broswer on there iPhone?
If it's possible that is, like firefox instead of safari

Fabia vrs tdi
I go between safari and vanila surf, I can't post on some forums with safari.

I see opera mini is out which was good on other phones but it seems to have issues with the iPhone.

What's best to customise your lock screen? Just so it shows last callers and to be able to call from the lock screen, I had it before but forgot how I did it.

Is there any good repos anyone can suggest?

Fiesta ST-2
I've not noticed any slow down. Maybe adding animated themes and such might make a little difference? But I always have plenty of available memory even with a few things running.

So happy having a jailbroken phone again... Nice and simple...

IPHON.jpg

Lou

Does anyone know the name file you download to get the iPhone to display the Mail, SMS etc icon in the top bar beside the battery as shown below.

img0006s.png

Lou

Lou I downloaded that but it won't open it starts then closes rite away :(

Yeah the icon is pretty redundant. I should have installed right away. Send a text to yourself and see it the bubble appears at the top of the screen then you know it has worked.

Fabia vrs tdi
Didn't work but I do have that Iblacklist thing turned on will take it off and try but I'd rather keep it on as I don't like my text message info on my lock screen