ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jack-D's Racing Blue 182

RB 182
Cheers mate :)

It's starting to take shape now and is looking how I pictured it when I first bought it. TPi bolts and front spacers are next.

RB 182
Yeah, I've read a few bad things about them going rusty but providing I keep on top of them as you said hopefully they'll be okay.

I'm also going to go with 16 normal bolts and no locking ones to avoid any potential trouble.

RB 182
I saw jackdanielsmom offering someone these 20mm M.A.D spacers in the week and after the OP didn't take him up on them, I purchased them.

11273801834_2d1b5d69f1_b.jpg

Untitled by jggd51, on Flickr

I got them fitted today and gave the car a quick clean whilst I was at it, as 2 weeks and 500 miles was taking it's toll.

11273821874_c94806bac5_b.jpg

DSC_099 by jggd51, on Flickr

(I'm a bit gutted I didn't put the 3/4 plate on for this pic, as I quite like it)

All was well until I decided to go for a quick drive to make sure they were on okay. I took it up the road and there was quite a violent judder coming from the offside wheel. I took the wheel and the spacer back off, cleaned up the hub and back of the spacer and refitted.

I took it for another drive and although it felt better there was still a bit of a judder coming through the steering wheel. It was getting dark at this point so instead of fiddling about with them in the dark I took them off and will have to have another look next weekend and see if I can get down to the root of the juddering.

Looks epic dude!

Hope you get the juddering sorted though, did it start when you put the spacers on? are they torqued up ok?

RB 182
Thanks guys :) hopefully I'll find the problem soon as even though they were only on there for an hour or so, the wheels look lost again without them :(

RB 182
Wow, i love your car!!

Nice touches!!

Whats the mileage now...if you don't mind me being nosy :eek:

Thanks mate, appreciate it :)

It's just ticked 98k. It's in pretty good shape for the mileage, there's a few chips on the drivers' side door so I'm hopefully getting the whole side resprayed come spring time.

RB 182
I also had a bit more time on the weekend so refitted the spacers and the juddering has now gone :approve:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Lovely car and great attention to detail. Makes me feel ashamed as I don't show my flamer enough love :(

RB 182
looks lovely

What a beautiful car. Absolutely love it!

@Jon_KTM you NEED some Turinis!!!

very nice mate

Cheers guys, appreciate the comments :)

Lovely car and great attention to detail. Makes me feel ashamed as I don't show my flamer enough love

Thanks mate. There are a fair few other cars on here with much more attention to detail but I'm slowly getting there. I'll be looking to gather some little bits and bobs over the winter and tidy a few bits up when the weather gets better.

On another note, it's Christmas! Treat the flamer to something nice :approve:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Cheers guys, appreciate the comments :)

Thanks mate. There are a fair few other cars on here with much more attention to detail but I'm slowly getting there. I'll be looking to gather some little bits and bobs over the winter and tidy a few bits up when the weather gets better.

On another note, it's Christmas! Treat the flamer to something nice :approve:

Major need for a full service and then after will try and afford a wheel refurb, then the couple of parking dings removed :D

RB Clio 182
Wow, this is one of the best rb's ive seen, the paint looks factory fresh, before its been to the dealers and had a dealer yard brush clean it with sea water.

RB 182
Wow, this is one of the best rb's ive seen, the paint looks factory fresh, before its been to the dealers and had a dealer yard brush clean it with sea water.

I've ordered a DAS-6 which will hopefully be here on Tuesday, then I've just got to hope that the weather will hold up for 2 days so I can give it a full strip down and fresh polish/wax before I go back to work.

RB 182
I got some Tpi bolts for christmas so got those fitted today. I'm really pleased with how they look and I'm sure they'll look even better once the car is clean!

11584395324_e8805f57df_b.jpg

DSC_0642 copy by jggd51, on Flickr

I've also ordered an engine cover which I'm still debating on what to do with, I don't know whether to tie it into the RB/Anthracite theme or keep it standard. Much will depend on how fresh it looks when I receive it I think.

My current Fabia splitter has also seen much better days, so a new one of those has been ordered too.

iceberg phase 2 172

I've ordered a DAS-6 which will hopefully be here on Tuesday, then I've just got to hope that the weather will hold up for 2 days so I can give it a full strip down and fresh polish/wax before I go back to work.
which das6 kit did u go with after mate ?

RB 182
That looks low in the final pic. Is it on coilovers?

No mate, just springs. I think it's just a combination of the slight incline of my drive and the fact that the wheel isn't straight.

which das6 kit did u go with after mate ?

I bought the DAS-6 Pro from CYC and a black hex-logic pad to use with Triple for the time being mate. I'm sure I'll add more pads/compounds as I get used to it and understand it all a bit more.

clio 182 FF
Cheers mate :) Yeah it is, I love them!

Thanks man, appreciate it.

Im looking into getting a set of cooksports early in the new year. Is there a notable difference to the standard ride height / handling or is it a subtle change?

RB 182
Im looking into getting a set of cooksports early in the new year. Is there a notable difference to the standard ride height / handling or is it a subtle change?

They're definitely worth the money IMO. The ride does get quite a bit firmer but it's not unbearable and I live out in the countryside using B roads and one track country lanes daily.

I think they give a drop of about 30mm. If you have a look back through the thread you can see it before I had them put on to gauge the drop they give :)

clio 182 FF
It certainly looks better with them fitted. A lot of people on here seem to rate them higher than the eibachs so i think these will be the ones i go for.

your cars looking good with the turini's and spacers on too

RB 182
As I'm not going to be driving anywhere over the next few days and the weather was on my side, I went out early and started prepping the car ready for when the machine polisher arrives.

The Iron-X didn't really pull much out of the paint but there were plenty of tar spots which Tar-X dealt with and quite a lot of contamination that the clay picked up. This was just from under the side strip of the passengers' side door:

74AB6426-49DD-4FD9-A5C0-CD69AFEF45F2_zpspzjb18px.jpg

I'd forgotten how much of a pain using clay is, especially at this time of year! It's now all prepped though and ready for whenever the polisher decides to make an appearance.

Here's a better picture of the bolts too:

11602958423_53cb777f1e_b.jpg

DSC_0656 copy by jggd51, on Flickr

My engine cover also arrived today and I've just put that on as it is for now whilst I decide what to do with it. The inlet manifold and fuel rail guard need sorting out no matter what though.

11602970963_f472215ce2_b.jpg

DSC_0649 copy by jggd51, on Flickr

RB 182
Thanks mate :)

I'm really liking how it's looking at the moment, it's nearly how I pictured it in my mind when I first got it.