ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ive killed my clio, what would you do next?

BG 182
Hi guys,

My 182 decided to end itself a few days ago, was reefing it along a country road then out of nowhere 'rattle rattle.... silence'

Engine out, head off and there is metallic particles in every oilway and engrained in every running surface, after seeing this im not even going to bother taking the sump off, this engine will be beer money from the weigh in.

What will give me the best return, new engine and sell, break and sell or sell the whole lot spares/repairs?

Cant think what to do, I feel the overall condition of the car doesnt warrant me messing about dropping in another engine only to get pennies back.

Cheers in advance!

BG 182
I would say poor condition, alloys are hanging and new front grille needed. A few tiny battle scars on body.

It has ktec 2.25 catback and ktec induction.
Sat on eibach sportlines

Otherwise standard mate.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Break the car and sell me your rear Eibach sportlines for a very reasonable price:wink:

But really, for the cost of a new engine (depending on how much of a ball ache it would be to fit for you personally), it's worth putting a new engine in, only £300 for a good one as said above.

RB Clio 182
Id put an engine in and sell fairly cheap if its in poor condition. Its better than making a tenner every week on selling parts and the ballache of postage and packaging.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Do your sums carefully.

Supply and fitting the "new" engine then selling for a grand might leave you £300 up if you're lucky.

VS taking the shiny bits off and selling up.. tax back remainder (shame you didn't SORN it on Sunday) and a few hundred quid in bits you might be surprised how much you sell. Depends if you have time/ space/ bothered.

BG 182
Do your sums carefully.

Supply and fitting the "new" engine then selling for a grand might leave you £300 up if you're lucky.

VS taking the shiny bits off and selling up.. tax back remainder (shame you didn't SORN it on Sunday) and a few hundred quid in bits you might be surprised how much you sell. Depends if you have time/ space/ bothered.
Yeah I agree on returns if I put new engine, and I bet it would be one of those where you end up spending more than you anticipated.
And no mot ticket in 2 months so theres another can of worms.

She is going to be harvested and boxed up for you lovely folk.

On that note, is ebay a sensible guide for asking prices on parts?

Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
Make a table out of the engine and sell it on. I did with a spare engine, haven't sold it though

Screenshot_2017-05-05-22-54-15.png

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
On that note, is ebay a sensible guide for asking prices on parts?
eBay prices are more of an upper end guideline I'd say. People know they can always go on eBay and pick it up for that price, so ideally you want to knock a couple of quid off the eBay price if you want to shift stuff quickly. Some of the eBay stuff will be on there for months before it sells.
That's my take on it anyway, things tend to be around 10 ish quid cheaper on the forum depending on price of the item.