ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ive just been conned

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 09 September 2005

Theres no cooling off period. You voluntarilty gave them your details for a service. Even if you used a credit card you wouldnt get the money back.

My dad got done for about £200 by one of these con merchants years ago. credit card company didnt want to know.

Yes there is,

Its cold calling and unless you invite them round after a cold call you DO HAVE a cooling off period.

3.0ltr V6

Hey guys!!! Good news.... I GOT MY MONEY BACK. They picked on the wrong one with me. I know I was stupid to give them my details but I found out they had been on Watchdog lasy year and threatened to take them back there if they didnt give me my money back! :D

Just need to now keep an eye on my bank account to see if the money goes back in.......

SLK 350

In my opinion ou should still cancel your card and get it reissued with another number. I know its hassle, but i wouldnt trust these sorts of people with that information.

once the money is in take it all out

then phone up compaining that they still havnt put it in, you mite get more off them!

Snotter's

they wont fall for that mark,as regards to paying on either a debit or credit card the bank wouldnt have refunded you as its a dispute between u and them.If you give out card details then your pretty f**ked unless its a visa and you dont rec goods or service then you have some comeback.Stopping cards doesnt help either the transaction will still get processed,do u think that you could go buy something on visa then cancel it and not have to pay ? no so its the same over the phone

Lesson to be learned is dont give out card details unless your sure and use a visa because you have protection whereas debit cards dont

3.0ltr V6

When i was trying to cancel with the bank they said that if I had paid with a Credit Card I would have had a chance to cancel the payment but as SOHROB said cos I paid with a debit card I didnt stand a chance. My only option was to get the money back from the company or take them to court. I will just have to wait now for the money to be refunded. :D

i had someone try it with me a while back. they said they had 10 buyers in my area waiting, i said you sell my car first and i will pay after, they never did ring back

artic blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 11 September 2005

i had someone try it with me a while back. they said they had 10 buyers in my area waiting, i said you sell my car first and i will pay after, they never did ring back
lmao thats what my bruv did....seemed to stop all the calls instantly :)

Sorry, but if youre stupid enough to give your bank details out over the phone to some random company then you deserve everything you get. Would you be interested in buying some magic beans ? :cool:

3.0ltr V6

Ha ha Corsapower. I know I was stupid but I do have rights and I have excersied those rights which has resulted in getting my money back!! Yeay. I will NOT be had again. :D