ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ive just been conned

3.0ltr V6

I had a call from this company out of the blue about selling my V6. They told me they had buyers lined up and all I had to do was to register and my details would be forward to these potential people. Cost £80. They caught me un awares at work and STUPID me gave them my bank details. On pondering this thought I tried to cancel but I CANT!!!!!! Arhh, how frustrating. :cry:

Mondeo STTDCI

Im sure u CAN cancel. Credit card u definitely can.

Call the bank. Cancel ur card. DO something!

2005 Impreza WRX STI

they do actually advertise your car though u no! someone bought my punto gt from using something similar!

Silver 182 F/F

Let us know if they do send people around to look at your car,its just over the years people have always tried the same deal with me when selling cars and have always been curious if they do have potential buyers.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 08 September 2005

they do actually advertise your car though u no! someone bought my punto gt from using something similar!
Clarkie - same here m8. They were mithering me on a daily basis, three months or so after Id sold my GT. How many times does it take before they understand "f**k OFF - ITS GONE!!!!!"? ;)

Bad news Bailey - sad to hear that..... Someone MUST buy it soon? :confused:

D.

[Edited by Darren S on 08 September 2005 at 4:49pm]

i think by law you have a cooling off period, because it was a cold call.

[Edited by casiodan on 08 September 2005 at 4:50pm]

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

You do have a cooling off period as i found out a few months ago, they caught me in exactly the same way and i gave them my details. What i would do is phone them now so they dont have the excuse that the details have been processed and they have people who are going to phone.

I have been warned by these people about these companies, they are not worth the £80. Put the car in autotrader for £50 and it WILL Sell.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 08 September 2005

I had a call from this company out of the blue about selling my V6. They told me they had buyers lined up and all I had to do was to register and my details would be forward to these potential people. Cost £80. They caught me un awares at work and STUPID me gave them my bank details. On pondering this thought I tried to cancel but I CANT!!!!!! Arhh, how frustrating. :cry:

lol - u sucker

Octavia VRS

my mate had this happen to him but the guy selling it said it was £17.99. My mate said that he was talking bollox and it was more than that but the selling guy promised it was £17.99. My mate agreed then a couple of days saw that £80 had been taken out of his account......

...however he phoned the company raging, said the guy had lied to him to the receptionist and got his cash back.

The Jinx

Theres one born every day! My usual tactic for getting them to stopp is to give them 5 attempts at hearing that you dont want it then just respond from there on in with "FCUK OFF".

They soon stop.

Mondeo STTDCI

Its b****cks. They class "Buyers" as people who have registered somewhere saying they are interested in a V6. Its complete rubbish.

Cam

182 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by Lightning16v on 08 September 2005

You do have a cooling off period as i found out a few months ago, they caught me in exactly the same way and i gave them my details. What i would do is phone them now so they dont have the excuse that the details have been processed and they have people who are going to phone.

I have been warned by these people about these companies, they are not worth the £80. Put the car in autotrader for £50 and it WILL Sell.

This is what theyll probably do, quick £30 out of ya.

cock mobile.

Quote: Originally posted by Firey on 08 September 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Lightning16v on 08 September 2005You do have a cooling off period as i found out a few months ago, they caught me in exactly the same way and i gave them my details. What i would do is phone them now so they dont have the excuse that the details have been processed and they have people who are going to phone. I have been warned by these people about these companies, they are not worth the £80. Put the car in autotrader for £50 and it WILL Sell.This is what theyll probably do, quick £30 out of ya.[/QUOTE]

Nope, they usually get your number from Autotrade where it was advertised anyway.

Its a con, no doubt about it, £80 for nothing!

Gutted for you hun,

I hope this helps as i believe it works for telesales as well as doorstepping

This is taken from the Office Of Fair Trading

Key Facts

The Doorstep Selling Regulations give consumers:

• The right to a seven day cooling-off period during which they may cancel an agreement to buy goods or services worth more than £35 from a trader whose visit is unsolicited.

• The same right to a seven-day cooling of period where a visit by a trader follows an unsolicited doorstep or telephone approach.
The Regulations also provide that:

• Traders who fail to inform consumers in writing of their right to a cooling off period will be committing a criminal offence.

• Door-to-door sellers must provide a notice setting out cancellation rights when any agreement is made. Failure to do so makes the agreement unenforceable. This is the case whether a deposit is paid or not.
Hope you get the arseholes sorted

Smokey

i fell for one of these a few years back, and every so often i still get a call for a car i sold two years ago! whenever they ring now, i ask them if they want to buy the car off me every time they say they want to advertise it for me!

"we want to advertise the car for you, as we have buyers for it"
- "so, youre gonna buy the car from me and sell it on?"
"no, you pay us to sell it to one of our buyers"
- "so you want to buy it from me and sell it to someone else"

they soon get the message!

54 astravan 1.7tdci

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 08 September 2005

You were definately conned... are they called "automatch" by any chance?

(http://www.automatch.infowww.automatch.info)

They called me when I was trying to sell the meggy...

I recorded the phonecall, and posted it on here...

Heres the link again:

http://www.geocities.com/om4r/Automatch.wavhttp://www.geocities.com/om4r/Automatch.wav

feckin mailto:w@nkers">w@nkers!!!
well done,funny when he started spluttering when you mentioned top gear:D

Here it is in full:

At present, the law gives consumers a cooling-off period if they sign up for goods or services after an unsolicited visit from a door-to-door salesperson. But the same cooling-off period does not apply to solicited calls where a consumer has asked the salesperson to visit after reading an advert or mail shot. Sales people are so persistent and accomplished at psychological sales techniques that the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has called for the government to extend the cancellation rights so that they cover all purchases made in the home whether after a solicited or unsolicited visit.

The Consumer Protection Regulations 1987 currently give you a seven-day cooling-off period if you sign a contract to buy goods or services for £35 or more during an unsolicited visit from a salesperson. Its important to cancel in writing and keep proof of doing so by retaining an email or fax receipt or a recorded delivery slip. You have slightly longer to cancel if the salesperson did not mention your cancellation rights. But dont agree for goods to be installed during the cooling-off period or you lose the right to cancel entirely. Once you have cancelled you are entitled to a full refund of all money paid and the cancelled contract is treated as if it was never made.

i had about 30 calls a day of these people for a good few weeks:mad: i had full on arguments with them i told them if u had 5 buyers wanting my car they would of seen my advert in autotrader and would contact me and not go to a sh*tty con artist company like u.they are linked with purple loans some how.all the staff are w**kers i had a bloke who could hardly speak english(probly an immigrant) say to me u do not understand sir and he was begging for my bank details even after i had told him to piss off

Clio 197

Phone your bank...

Tell them that youve lost your wallet a few hours ago... and want everything stopped.

If it comes to it, deny you ever spoke to them.

133/225/CLS AMG

As far as Ive know these things dont work. They probably do stick your car on a database that no one ever bloody looks at.

My missus did this her second car when they called her. They got her number from AutoTrader as well, she never sold the car as they didnt put anyone forward to look at it. Complete rip off in my opinion. :mad:

Since my 172 has been on autotrader Ive had a couple of similar call, Is the Clio still for sale? in a normal manner, you say yes and they hit you with the hard sell.

DC5

I had the same happen to me!!

They rang up, Id heard about them before so I said I wasnt interested, but they kept going on, and said that they definately had people interested in my car in my area.

So I said can you guarantee me that I will have a call from someone that wants to come and look at my car in the next 24 hrs.

YES they said - Bo!!ocks

I rang to get my money back, no good. They said if I dont sell it theyll give me a free weekend away. Got the broucher, free my arse. You stop in a B&B, and you are charged about £30 for breakfast whether you have it or not.

LOL, just checked their http://www.motormatchuk.co.uk/detail.asp?type=Car&make=BMW&model=MINI+COOPER&location=Worcestershire&Submit=Search&mmID=4273956website, it is still advertised. I got rid of it nearly a year ago, and I have never had one phone call from them.

To$$ers

clio 182 black /gold

When i have sold my cars i got auto express and car data ringing up and i told them PGTF

the best thing to do when they ring up is to put THEM on hold and keep saying oh hes just coming, i think hell be interested or hes been trying to sell the car for ages now, hesso desperate or oh it sounds good and just keep them on hold for like 20 mins. then just say like meet the parents style oh hello! alzo occasionally bang the phone against the worktop or something and say random stuff in the back ground. really make them work for it!!! and then give them the big F.O!

3.0ltr V6

Some of you are so mean :oops: I know im a complete tit but dont be horrible guys, com on. Ive called the Trading Standards as they say that I do have a cooling off period. Ive contacted the company and they are not admitting this and there is nothing I can do. Trading Standards said that if they are not prepared to give me my money, then I can take them to the Small Claims, which is what I will do!!!!

you might be responsible for costs incurred tho, eg if they have alredy advertised your property, though they would need to provide proof of this.

Mondeo STTDCI

That website is a list of shame for people who have fallen for it. HAHAHAHAHA!

1.6 16v clio priv

Im tempted to advertise on autotrader so they call me and then leave them on the phone for ages. I had one company, told them to go away 2 times then to FO, then they rang again I said OK just let me get a pen. When I checked my call logs later they had been waiting 40 mins lol

Theres no cooling off period. You voluntarilty gave them your details for a service. Even if you used a credit card you wouldnt get the money back.

My dad got done for about £200 by one of these con merchants years ago. credit card company didnt want to know.

Mini Cooper S sport

Shes been advised by Trading Standards, I think theyd know! Kick some ass and get your money back.

Dont be afraid to get angry, threaten legal action etc etc. These people are money-grabbing b*****ds and shouldnt be allowed to get away with it.